lind

Chicago Ridge, IL

#21 Feb 7, 2013
i care about my checks.
Village Action Party

Chicago, IL

#22 Feb 7, 2013
So the other night was a minor setback. After all boys will be boys. The good news is that Gary S. was in front of the Judge today and now he has more time and can help us get our campain started. We need to get those sighns started too.
Sign Man

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 11, 2013
Yessss. Thank you. The Signs are here.
Waynes World sign man

Chicago Ridge, IL

#24 Feb 11, 2013
Sign Man wrote:
Yessss. Thank you. The Signs are here.
Remember when the Burpalizer had the undercover sign patrol van set up to spy on the Gene Team? Would have stayed undercover if he didn't have Nick's Pizza delivered to his merry men!
VAP

Chicago Ridge, IL

#25 Feb 11, 2013
We voted to increase Balderman and Jack Linds Pensions. We voted to raise sales tax. We want some more.

Don't Vote For Sally Durkin
Waknup

Chicago Ridge, IL

#26 Feb 11, 2013
VAP wrote:
We voted to increase Balderman and Jack Linds Pensions. We voted to raise sales tax. We want some more.
Don't Vote For Sally Durkin
Thanks Marty but won't Sassy Sally be mad?
Village Action Party

Chicago, IL

#27 Feb 12, 2013
The Village of Oak Lawn posted the 2012 salaries of village employees on its website. Earnings include gross wages (before taxes) and do not include benefits, such as healthcare. Forget about seeing salaries on our website. Salaries are nobody's business but ours. Who cares what Oak Lawn does?
Dumbell Fan

Chicago, IL

#28 Feb 14, 2013
Don't send us nobody that isn't in our crowd.

Is it that important to the community that everyone who went to college be tossed off of the Board? Well it is important to us.

This is the Dumbing Down of the Board and that is good. Even if you are lucky enough to be running your Dad's businesses, that still does not count for an Associates Degree so some of you are safe.
Rocking

Chicago Ridge, IL

#29 Feb 18, 2013
WOW.....The Village Action party hacks are putting two of the same exact sign on ONE LAWN. WOW! Maybe they should put three or four on each lawn. Awe hell put five on each lawn. Can someone say BACK Fire, Over Kill, Abnoxious.
Fast Eddie game on

Chicago Ridge, IL

#30 Feb 18, 2013
Rocking wrote:
WOW.....The Village Action party hacks are putting two of the same exact sign on ONE LAWN. WOW! Maybe they should put three or four on each lawn. Awe hell put five on each lawn. Can someone say BACK Fire, Over Kill, Abnoxious.
Wow! Relax Hoveling Burpalizer. Does someone need a hug?
So sorry, nothing you do or say really matters!
My Bes Interest

Evergreen Park, IL

#31 Feb 24, 2013
Any law enforcing public official of the village or the president of the village or any member of the village board of trustees. No such official shall be interested in any way, either directly or indirectly, in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor in the village. Notwithstanding any provision of this paragraph to the contrary, a member of the village board of trustees, other than the president of the village board of trustees, may have a direct interest in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor as long as he or she is not a law enforcing public official or village board president. To prevent any conflict of interest, the elected official with the direct interest in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor cannot participate in any meetings, hearings or decisions on matters impacting the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor.
waknup

Evergreen Park, IL

#32 Feb 24, 2013
secretary gets arrested the first thing this board does is make sure that we protect her pension,the same thing with the assistant fire chief,then we can't forget Baldermann.Wow i wonder what happened to that rebate.we cannot afford this village board
Election Season

Oak Lawn, IL

#33 Feb 24, 2013
Its so sad that the mud throwing has started. I would like to see some real issues discussed:

1) Under funded pensions - how did it happen

2) No bid contracts - why are they happening

3) Under staffed departments - is there any department that is not?

4) Why pay raises were given to a Deputy Fire Chief after his arrest

5) Where is the trustee that has his house for sale moving to and will he complete his
term?

If anyone else has questions, lets pose them and see if we get any answers from anyone???

My final question, will this election be run on a platform or on mud slinging???
waknup

Evergreen Park, IL

#34 Feb 24, 2013
we are a land locked town and we expand the personal in our building department

Since: Jan 10

Evergreen Park, IL

#35 Feb 24, 2013
Well it looks like we took care of the most important order of business, we took care of our friends and political supporters with some nice pensions(Baldermann/Lind).then we replace them with employees who are already retirement eligible these appointments do nothing but fatten their pensions and we will be paying them long after this mayor is gone.Then lets create a few more jobs like building inspector and ordinance officer. Now that we have that out of the way we can let everyone know that we can't afford overtime to plow the streets on time and there will be no more tax rebates.Thanks Gene for giving us the biggest government in the area.The village population has has grown by just 1,500 people in the last 20 yrs yet the size of are village payroll is 5 times the size it was 20 yrs ago.Thank you so much Gene.We cannot afford this mayor or anyone that he supports.(Mar 9, 201
res

Evergreen Park, IL

#36 Feb 24, 2013
lets see the whole village check register online.lets get some transperancy
Village Action Party

Evergreen Park, IL

#37 Feb 24, 2013
Election Season wrote:
Its so sad that the mud throwing has started. I would like to see some real issues discussed:
5) Where is the trustee that has his house for sale moving to and will he complete his
term?
If anyone else has questions, lets pose them and see if we get any answers from anyone???
My final question, will this election be run on a platform or on mud slinging???
Get off your high horse. You say "no mud throwing" and you ask about a trustee that is not involved in the election selling his house? Budget Officer will be able to answer 1-2-4 if you file a Freedom of Information Request with your question. So your only real question is 3 and any of the Village Action Party candidates should be able to answer. They are out putting in campain sihgns right now and are very busy. We have a lot of sighns to put in. good luck at the Village Hall submitting your FOIA requestt.
Why does this happen

Evergreen Park, IL

#38 Feb 24, 2013
My Bes Interest wrote:
Any law enforcing public official of the village or the president of the village or any member of the village board of trustees. No such official shall be interested in any way, either directly or indirectly, in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor in the village. Notwithstanding any provision of this paragraph to the contrary, a member of the village board of trustees, other than the president of the village board of trustees, may have a direct interest in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor as long as he or she is not a law enforcing public official or village board president. To prevent any conflict of interest, the elected official with the direct interest in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor cannot participate in any meetings, hearings or decisions on matters impacting the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor.
To prevent any conflict of interest, the elected official with the direct interest in the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor cannot participate in any meetings, hearings or decisions on matters impacting the manufacture, sale or distribution of alcoholic liquor.
Who Are You

Chicago, IL

#39 Feb 25, 2013
Election Season wrote:
term?
Who are you and why are you making the assumption with your leading question "Understaffed Departments - is there any department that is not?" That is mudslinging on your end. You are assuming there are understaffed departments. Why are you so sure? If you are candidate say so. If you can control your mudslinging say so. Otherwise say nothing.
Definition

Oak Lawn, IL

#40 Feb 25, 2013
Mudslinging - noun - an attempt to discredit one's competitor, opponent, etc by malicious or scandalous attacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roy Steve Greg and the Isrealli Camera connection (Sep '12) 3 hr DBos 26
chuck tokar MAYOR 13 hr Just the thought 48
Villa Park man indicted in DuPage drug-related ... (Mar '08) Fri nico 45
creekside apartments- what are they like ? Fri justlooking 1
considering buying home in Berwyn..advice? (Dec '07) Oct 23 rico 80
Big Hurt Brew Pub Oct 23 rico 12
Red light cameras on in Lombard, Villa Park (Apr '09) Oct 22 stay out of vp 54
Burr Ridge Dating
Find my Match

Burr Ridge Jobs