Village Action Party Again

Posted in the Burr Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Village Action Party

Evergreen Park, IL

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Okay Chuck, let's roll. How will you and the Village Action Party make Chicago Ridge a better place?
Chuck

Tinley Park, IL

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Village Action Party wrote:
Okay Chuck, let's roll. How will you and the Village Action Party make Chicago Ridge a better place?
Just do as I say and not as I do!!!
Jim Radecki

Evergreen Park, IL

#3 Jan 20, 2013
Until Chicago falls into the lake Illinois will continue to be the most corrupt, bankrupt and mismanaged state in the country. The thought of yet another Daley democrat in the Governors mansion should scare you. Look what Quinn has managed to do. It is hard to imagine that anyone could take the state into a worse place. More boards and commissions. Wake up those appointments are political payback. It's a machine the Daley democrats perfected. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Yesterday Quinn was quoted saying wait until you see what we are giving you (Obama Care). It's a sick statement. The Government has never given you or me one thing.
Bully

Chicago Ridge, IL

#4 Jan 20, 2013
We are Bullies and Thugs that want to rule over you all! Obey Us! Allow us to make Money and Hire our relatives. Taxpayers of Chicago Ridge are our piggy banks.
Rico Q

Evergreen Park, IL

#5 Jan 20, 2013
There is a big drinking problem in our community. To reduce alcohol problems in any community, local leadership is required in designing, implementing, and supporting new alcohol policies.
Although local alcohol policy strategies have the best chances for success when they draw on scientific evidence, many community prevention projects involve interventions that research has indicated are unlikely to reduce alcohol-related problems.
For example, many communities pursue public education efforts designed to produce attitude change. Such educational strategies often are focused on information alone, based on the assumption that an informed community will necessarily experience a reduction in alcohol-related problems.
However, there is no evidence that education alone can reduce alcohol-related problems at the community level.
Enforcement of underage drinking laws can be significantly enhanced with modest increases in community support when elected officials publicly endorse the effort and work to implement the policies, or when community residents give public support via letters to the editor.
Even moderate increases in enforcement can reduce outlet sales of alcohol to minors, especially when combined with media campaigns and other community and policy activities.Would the Village Action Party actually do this?
Communication with the entire community is essential. The most effective and inexpensive way to increase public support for strategies that reduce alcohol availability is to use local newspapers, radio, and televisiona strategy sometimes called media advocacy. Would the Village Action Party make an attempt to solve our communitys drinking problems? Not likely.
Bully

Chicago Ridge, IL

#6 Jan 20, 2013
No They Won't lift a finger to fight alchol abuse in the Village. The Boss Trustee Brad "the Bully" Grove owns a bar called the Grove.
hometown

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 22, 2013
I have seen the light.

Please use these forums as a place of peace, as the end goal is to bring all to tolerance, and a life of faith, which will yield a plentiful and bountiful afterlife for all who follow in the ways of the Lord.

I encourage each and every person who has attacked another person on this forum to apologize and retract their statements as there is no room for hatred on this great planet.

I encourage all of us to be tolerant of one another in these difficult times.

Stand against all sin, be it, murder, theft, adultery, false witness, false gods, or homosexuality itself.

Sin is sin. There is no gray area. Join me in a prayer to save all sinners and bring them to a life of morality and integrity.
Jesus is Lord

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Jesus doesn't like those who give strong drink to thier brother.Hey they do that at the Grove.

Jesus dosen't like bar owners to subvert state laws prohibiting village trustees from owning a bar in the village where they are a trustee. You know, like putting the bar in his wifes name. Hey did that happen with the bar named Groves?

Jesus doesn't want a married woman to spend her evenings in a bar plotting political shananigans and Sitting on some fat trustees lap. Hey does that happen at a bar named Grove Ms. Barker?
No One Will Notice

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just do as I say and not as I do!!!

1 The Village Action Party Will Bring Back our year round Leaf and Branch Pickup Service!
It was the Performance Party that cut that out.
2 The Village Action Party Will Update Our Services!
It was the Performance Party that let Services become outdated.
3 The Village Action Party is Fiscally Responsible!
It was the Performance Party that was not fiscally responsible.
4 The Village Action Party Will Create More Jobs for Us!
The Performance Party took your jobs.
5 The Village Action Party Will Revitalize 111th Street!
The Performance Party wanted to put stores on the cemetery. So do wee
6 The Village Action Party Will Hire a Village Administrator!
The Performance Party thought Village Administrator was a bad idea.
7 The Action Party Will Reduce Crime and Increase Safety!
The Performance Party is responsible for all the crime and unsafety
8 The Action Party Has Proven Performance!
Uh Oh we were the Performance Party. Who do we blame now?
Resident

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 28, 2013
What have the incumbent trustees done to earn our votes?
Here is the opportunity to justify opinions with what you think are the facts.
VAP not

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Tell the VAPers they can buy 5000 signs and it won't make the straw man brave, give the tin man a heart or the clueless girl a clue. Buy 10,000 signs. This is my hometown and this isn't Kansas. We aren't all trailer trash.
senior resident

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Did the Village ever design programs that address the needs of the senior population beyond bingo?
junior resident

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 30, 2013
senior resident wrote:
Did the Village ever design programs that address the needs of the senior population beyond bingo?
Why are you asking here, and not calling the village hall to find out?
senior resident

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 30, 2013
junior resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking here, and not calling the village hall to find out?
The Village Hall would say that they don't operate any senior programs and that there are two Senior Clubs that have regular meetings and use the Senior Citizen Room but that they have a free bus ride service. Maybe that is the answer, that the Village doesn't have regular programs. The Village Action party is the Village, right? What did they do? What will they do? They call all the shots. Did they do anything for seniors?
Ideas

Oak Lawn, IL

#15 Feb 3, 2013
I think that the Senior have keep our politicans in place for a while now..
Who

Evergreen Park, IL

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Hey Grove, when did you become so anti-union? This is a union town. You make a nice living on the backs of union labor. You never told us that we made you crazy before and that you held a grudge like that. Have a nice day, the storm clouds are gathering. How can you be looking out for the best interests of the residents when you are wrecking the morale of the public employees? Particularly the Police and Fire Departments. Enough of the bullying. Go pound some rocks, prima donna brickee.
Mike

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 4, 2013
Jesus is Lord wrote:
Jesus doesn't like those who give strong drink to thier brother.Hey they do that at the Grove.
Jesus dosen't like bar owners to subvert state laws prohibiting village trustees from owning a bar in the village where they are a trustee. You know, like putting the bar in his wifes name. Hey did that happen with the bar named Groves?
Jesus doesn't want a married woman to spend her evenings in a bar plotting political shananigans and Sitting on some fat trustees lap. Hey does that happen at a bar named Grove Ms. Barker?
Ouch
dude

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 4, 2013
senior resident wrote:
<quoted text>The Village Hall would say that they don't operate any senior programs and that there are two Senior Clubs that have regular meetings and use the Senior Citizen Room but that they have a free bus ride service. Maybe that is the answer, that the Village doesn't have regular programs. The Village Action party is the Village, right? What did they do? What will they do? They call all the shots. Did they do anything for seniors?
I think the senior club and possibly the bus, are run out of the "Friends of the Mayor" organization, which is Mayor Siegel's deal. I hope this will continue with the new mayor.
Hey Bwad

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 6, 2013
Gary S. wants to know if you still want him to run that goth party for the Campaign. He has a lot of time on his hands these days since you let him retire instead of firing him.
Roxanne Gay

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 7, 2013
To be entitled means believing you have an inherent right to something. It is very easy to feel entitled, to feel like we deserve a certain quality of life or valuable opportunities.

Our elected leaders, are more interested in genital measuring and bravado and empty rhetoric and maintaining their elite positions than serving those who elected them. Far too few politicians have the best interests at heart of anyone but themselves.( theRumpus.net )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 3 min justice for emme 1,265
considering buying home in Berwyn..advice? (Dec '07) 5 hr rico 126
2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) 11 hr Mind Your Business 53
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... Wed Why Jacko why 17
Disco Dave Conrad Mayors choice Tue calling a bluff 5
Gerry Gorman is ruining Orland Fire Tue Hey Bob thomas 10
Disappointed with our Public Works Tue Ron D 4
Burr Ridge Dating
Find my Match

Burr Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burr Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burr Ridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]