sue

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

I just want to let everyone know that Arrow is a excelent place to do business with for your Transmission needs, i was quoted $2100.00 to $2300.00 to have my transmission done on my 2001 Pontiac grand Am from AAMACO in Lisle, I was shocked how much they wanted and decided to go with Arrow, They Really work with the customer and stand by there work, I will let everyone know what a great place to deal with and they were alot more understanding without taking advantage of the customer.
jim aurienne

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

found this shop on the internet after talking with Mike was giving an explaination of what was wrong no suprizes price was the best around more important my 1996 explorer runs great would send anyone i know there thanks fo getting me on the road.
Accord 99

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

This is the worst place to go to for any type of work on your car, especially for transmission work. They are a scam, and a bunch of liars. I recommend saving your money and going to another more reliable spot. Complaints of customers making their fourth or even their fifth trip out there to get same thing worked on. If not, they will give you every excuse in the book on why the issue is not covered under warranty. The manager there is full of talk. Acts like he knows what he is talking about but does not. Uneducated, unproffesional establishment. Again just a warning they are a rip off. They will easily get you for 2000, when stating it will cost half of that. once they got your cars transmission opened up you either pay them 400 to put it back and do nothing or pay amt to get fixed. bad place. fellow community members these are hard times right now, and you dont want to put yourself in this situation. Mike should not be working there.
Momof2

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

I should have checked google before taking my van to this place, there are lots of bad reviews on there that would have definitely kept me away! Please read them before taking your vehicle to this place.

They kept my van, our only family vehicle, for TWO WEEKS when they initially told us a maximum of 5 days. Owner kept making excuses (personal problems, pulled his back, his "moonlighting mechanic" was sick) for 2 weeks while we went without a car. THEN, when we picked it up and paid $2700, the frame was bent and the transmission was slipping WORSE than before. It has been 5 weeks and no re-repair has been done, he has avoided our calls and continued with his lies. DO NOT GO HERE, we have been taken for $2700 and are not sure what to do, don't put yourself in our position, it's horrible!!!
Sue H

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

I just wanted to post a note to say how much I like Arrow Transmission. A girl I work with recommended them because I was complaining about the other company that I had working on my car. I was telling her how it is hard to find someone you can trust to work on your car without trying to rip you off. I went to them about a year ago and am still going there. They have never let me down. Before they just jump in to try and fix they take there time to make sure that is what the problem is which helps me keep the costs down. I truly and sincerely trust them. One of the reasons I decided to post a note is because the car I am driving is a 2002 Trail Blazer. A little aver a week ago my car was in bad shape. It was shaking bad and did not have the go power. It happened very quickly. I pulled over to the closet mechanic at that time. They opened my hood and the next thing I know it was going to cost me over $1500.00. I decided to take my chances driving and go see Mike at Arrow. He took his time to figure out the problem and it only cost me a little over $300.00. I do not know much about cars but he did explain to me what it was and all I cared about was he fixed it. Next time (hopefully not) if my car breaks down somewhere I would definitely just have it towed to them.

Hope they stay in business for a very long time.
I would definitely give them 5 stars.
caution

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Sick employees, poersonal problmes, indeed have heard the same excuses. Try getting an itemized statement of repairs. Excuses. Take it to another shop and have them take a look at Arrow's "work." Then find all the problems missed and the waste of your money
caution

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Hard to tell the truth. That all customers will be happy with auto repair shops is not likely. That some complain to the Better Business Bureau can be an indicator in that repuatable companies will address the complaints and the BBB posts results. Arrow had an F rating due to non response to consumer complaints. That says something.
add my warning

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

If you find it difficult to decide, ask around, ask other shops and mechanic who they recommend and who they don't. Was told by one the owner of Arrow was once an AAMCO franchisee who was sued by AAMO for qestionable repairs. Did find the case existed.
need of work

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

glad I found this site. Arrows ad says free diagnostics but was told it would cost $400 for them to take a look. Their quote as no better than AAMCOs and at least AAMCO has an A BBB rating and stands by their work nationally. I did ask around, mechanics who don't do transmission but have customers who have needs. Not one mechanic recommneded Arrow and a few were rather to the point to avoid them.
another warning

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Auto repair shops usually get bum raps, ther's always someone who if its not perfect will complain til the bitter end. One should always check for recommnedations. All these "awesome" posts seem, well, too "awesome." Ask mechanics, both those who shipp out their transmission owrk as well as those who only recommned to their customers where to go. these guys have their reputations on the line. Never found one in the Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Wheaton area that recommend them. Have found some who because of the very issues addressed here refuse to either recommned or do business with.
too late for me

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Found another site with warnings about arrow. Seemed like my experience verbatim. Delayed repairs, returns for leaking, faulty repair work, never around to answer calls, doesn't return calls and his helper who knows nothing about anything going on. Transmissions are expensive but do yourself a favor and really ask around. Check the web site reviews. Couldn't find any other trans shop in this area with as many sites warning to keep clear. And interestingly those "positive" comments about arrow appear in every site of warning. Ask yourself, have you ever been so happy with a mechanic to post on every site that comes up with warnings? And post exactly the same words? Could it be the positves are plants?
is this for real

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

My transmission had flood damage. The adjuster inspected the car and recommended taking the car to a shop for an evaluation. Recommended finding someone other than arrow, the reputation of poorly performed work was the issue. Heard he lost his AAMCO franchise they had so many complaints about his ripping off customers. Seems he moved down the street and is doing business as usual
a question

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Why would Arrow Transmission operate under the name Crown transmission as well? There's enough sites about warnings to avoid Arrow, and if you call they answer "transmission shop." Seems the owner, Mike, knows about the complaints and avoids the name arrow.
warning

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

So several times of bringing the car back after the rebuild and being told leave it again, I ask Mike at Arrow why the identifed problem wasn't fixed before, that I want in writing before I bring it in again that he will address and fix the problem, not his word, but in writing, and I'm told he thinks I just want to make trouble, it's not worth either of our time to take it to court just leave the car again.
check out this experience

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Here's a good example of some of the issues with Mike and ray at arrow

www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/​showth...
another warning

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

The new phone book is out and arrow ads are no longer there but crown transmission is. Same content. So that's three name changes in five years or so. Same owner, same ad content same complaints. One can only guess why the names change that frequently. My take, too many complaints that can be easily verified to arrow. So change the name and hope no one will notice. Would you trust any company that changed names that frequently.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

another warning wrote:
The new phone book is out and arrow ads are no longer there but crown transmission is. Same content. So that's three name changes in five years or so. Same owner, same ad content same complaints. One can only guess why the names change that frequently. My take, too many complaints that can be easily verified to arrow. So change the name and hope no one will notice. Would you trust any company that changed names that frequently.
NO
warning

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

I see nothing new from the "fans" of Arrow, or should I say now called Crown Transmission. One must wonder: has this guy has been sued, or had so many complaints filed against him to make him change the company name that often. As they said in The Music Man: check his credentials. Ask to see his not posted hourly rate, the certificates of his technicians, his warranty, and get it all in writing before you let him do any work. Then again, in writing may not make a difference.
got screwed

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Mike without permission takes apart my transmission then tells me to pay him 400 dollars and come tow my my car or pay for storage or let him fix it for 1400 dollars. Provides a shopping list of p[roblems Note, I discovered after that he can not take it apart without authorization and must reaasemble if one refuses to have him fix it. So after paying, the trans leaks, then slips. Long story short, all he tells you is bring it back in, he''l fix it in a couple of days though it remains unfixed for over a week each time while always avoiding your calls. Worse still if you question Mike"s business practices,express concerns over the length of time or the quality of the work heget defensive even claims you're harrassing him and he will file charges. So a car that doesn't shift gears properly, even worse the car couldn't pass emmissions since the repair was faulty so then he wouldn't admit the car was even in his shop thus wouldn't submit receipts so I could get a waiver. End result, have a car with a trans that isn't working right and a car that can't be driven legally.
likely consumer fraud

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

False advertising, claiming to be a memeber of the BBB and ASE, to the former an F rating under both the names Arrow and Crown. Same owner Mike Schwartzwald and the same assistant Ray Ressor for years but has run the business as Crown, Arrow, Dynamic and Aamco Dynamic abnd tries to pass off name changes wiht the lie it is under new ownership. Over 60 pages covering complaints filed with the Illinois Attorney General's office. And many of the "positive" comments are pure plants

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burr Ridge Discussions

Search the Burr Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Allegretti's Driving Academy (Nov '08) 7 min Mary Hollis 41
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min truth 48,844
Roberts Park Fire Chief Quits Amidst Probe of D... (Sep '11) 25 min Curious 24
Homer Glen balks at paying for cops at LTHS 39 min Rick 14
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 58 min psychic 1,138
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Notthatitmatters 3,826
Review: My Personal Taxi (May '10) 13 hr former customer 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Burr Ridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Burr Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE