Chicago Ridge fire official charged i...

Chicago Ridge fire official charged in Tinley Park home invasion retires

There are 7 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Chicago Ridge fire official charged in Tinley Park home invasion retires. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Chicago Ridge Fire Department officials Tuesday announced the retirement of deputy fire chief Gary Swiercz, who has been charged with home invasion and attempted murder for allegedly breaking into a neighbor's condominium unit in Tinley Park early Saturday and beating her while armed with a knife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

RON

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 Jan 9, 2013
glad they caught him,i live in the village of chicago ridge and from the police to the fire dept they 99% are above the law and run wild,glad to see them not get away with it ....
what

Palos Hills, IL

#2 Jan 9, 2013
is even English? youre an idiot!
Disgusted

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2013
what wrote:
is even English? youre an idiot!
haha Village worker, 6 word sentence with 2 errors? Nice, did you mean "Is this even English? You're an idiot!" You sir are a jackass.
Einstein

Oak Lawn, IL

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text> haha Village worker, 6 word sentence with 2 errors? Nice, did you mean "Is this even English? You're an idiot!" You sir are a jackass.
There are capital letters used in beginning of sentences. Why don't you try using them Mr. Einstein.
Say What

Palos Hills, IL

#5 Jan 14, 2013
It is my understanding he retired or resigned.
That doesn't mean he doesn't get sick pay, vacation pay, pension etc.
He is under House arrest? He can only go to work for a Job he quit?
Therapy , much therapy and his pension should go to the Victim.( when/ if found guilty).

Did u hear the 91 tape? Heart breaking!
ridge rat

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Jan 14, 2013
what is wrong with this town?
who is doing the hiring? maybe the person hired should not be related to another employees here. anyone know if this
animal is related too any other employees here?
SURE SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS GUY WAS TROUBLE. AND A MORON LIKE THIS WILLL SIT BACK AND COLLECT HIS PENSION. FROM A JOB HE PROBABALLY GOT HANDED TOO HIM FROM ONE OF THE OFFICALS IN THIS VILLAGE. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? A PERSON WHO DOES THESE THINGS NEVER DOES IT ONCE. HE JUST GOT CAUGHT THIS TIME.
McFly

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 1, 2013
Say What wrote:
It is my understanding he retired or resigned.
That doesn't mean he doesn't get sick pay, vacation pay, pension etc.
He is under House arrest? He can only go to work for a Job he quit?
Therapy , much therapy and his pension should go to the Victim.( when/ if found guilty).
Did u hear the 91 tape? Heart breaking!
I would rather have heard the tape of Brad's conversation with Gary after he saw the news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 1 hr Remembrance 1,586
Growing up in Countryside (Dec '11) 1 hr Otis 15
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr Glass Houses 8,875
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 17 hr His Name Rhymes W... 41
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 19 hr immyguitar 594
Empty lots on 111th (May '12) Fri DAngelo 37
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc Fri Danielle Castro 64

Burr Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance