FBI investigating Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit

Posted in the Burr Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bosom Buddy

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Check out the front page of the southtown today 12/14 Okay, it's probably all just a coincidence, Streit, Grove and Davies, take a camping trip to Springfield at taxpayer's expense, Streit donates and campaigns for Davies and Grove, the Ridge hires Streit's consulting firm to a long term deal even after Streit's partner gets indicted by the Feds, now Streit votes to give his own bro's company a contract in Oak Lawn and the FBI is looking into it. So when Bob and his partner praise Brad for his negotiating skills what are they really saying? That he is a crooked SOB just like us? I wonder if Davies will say that Streit is just an acquaintance? Merry Christmas everyone.
cover up

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 14, 2012
Metra cameras somebody call the FBI
Who Cares

Evergreen Park, IL

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Bosom Buddy wrote:
Check out the front page of the southtown today 12/14 Okay, it's probably all just a coincidence, Streit, Grove and Davies, take a camping trip to Springfield at taxpayer's expense, Streit donates and campaigns for Davies and Grove, the Ridge hires Streit's consulting firm to a long term deal even after Streit's partner gets indicted by the Feds, now Streit votes to give his own bro's company a contract in Oak Lawn and the FBI is looking into it. So when Bob and his partner praise Brad for his negotiating skills what are they really saying? That he is a crooked SOB just like us? I wonder if Davies will say that Streit is just an acquaintance? Merry Christmas everyone.
Who Cares?
Play nice u bully

Chicago Ridge, IL

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>Who Cares?
Real nice! Don't you get it? The losers are grasping at straws and you take them away? For shame Gene Team, for shame!!!!
Who Cares

Evergreen Park, IL

#6 Dec 16, 2012
Play nice u bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Real nice! Don't you get it? The losers are grasping at straws and you take them away? For shame Gene Team, for shame!!!!
Oh Really? I do get it. The front page of the Southtown says that a trustee in Oak Lawn is being investigated by the FBI. He is friends with trustees in chicago ridge. Said trustee does business with the village of chicago ridge because he has friends. If he is vindicated the story will be on page 36 if it is reported at all. If he is indicted he might take some of his friends with him. Who cares? Most of us go to work every day, obey the law and pay our taxes. some of us work at not working, are scofflaws and try to figure out how not to pay taxes. There is no Gene Team. But who really cares? The guys who he took care of are running him out of the door.
Future Mayor

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Bosom Buddy wrote:
haha you cant stop us, just wait and see how this plays out. 4 MORE YEARS of US !!!!!
Mayor of the future

Chicago Ridge, IL

#8 Dec 17, 2012
Future Mayor wrote:
<quoted text> haha you cant stop us, just wait and see how this plays out. 4 MORE YEARS of US !!!!!
STOP IT!!!!!! You're making them sad.......hopeless,,,,and sad.
You Have Nothing

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Mayor of the future wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP IT!!!!!! You're making them sad.......hopeless,,,,and sad.
There is no way that Chuck Tokar just posted as Mayor of the Future. As you probably know, he really is the Mayor of the Future and you are not.
ex-Performance Party

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Future Mayor wrote:
<quoted text> haha you cant stop us, just wait and see how this plays out. 4 MORE YEARS of US !!!!!
I was just interested in politics because I liked Mayor Siegel. Nobody remembers who was in Elvis' band. I don't think they made any hit records without him.
Coming up empty

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 20, 2012
Bob Streit gets up early in the morning. He has his day all planned out before the reporters even get to work. Streit is a self made man and smarter than all of them. Did they really think they were going to catch him. They need to regroup and just move on.
Laugh

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 20, 2012
watching that reporter is like watching a dog chase its tail.
Old timer

United States

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Streit is pretty much done after this term. He just barely beat a wright in candidate. I think he knows it. He is just trying to pay himself for all those years he served. At one time I feel he really cared and was the best at what he did.
Strater

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 20, 2012
Coming up empty wrote:
Bob Streit gets up early in the morning. He has his day all planned out before the reporters even get to work. Streit is a self made man and smarter than all of them. Did they really think they were going to catch him. They need to regroup and just move on.
Does it really matter how early Bob gets up? Or that he is able to out-smart a cub reporter for a local newspaper? He hasn't had the FBI looking through his sock drawer before. He will be moving on soon himself. To the Federal Building.
Moodegush

Chicago Ridge, IL

#15 Dec 20, 2012
Strater wrote:
<quoted text>Does it really matter how early Bob gets up? Or that he is able to out-smart a cub reporter for a local newspaper? He hasn't had the FBI looking through his sock drawer before. He will be moving on soon himself. To the Federal Building.
Is he skinny enough to escape through the window?
fuse

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 21, 2012
I have noticed that the web site http://www.illinoisenergyaggregation.com has been down for the last week or so. what is going on? did the feds shut it down?
R E Former

Blue Island, IL

#18 Dec 23, 2012
Government witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Streit is guilty. Period. Just wait until the Feds look deeper.they won't have to look far.just as far as the Superintendant and assistant Superintendant ant their lawyer at 218. Dirty business....Adler I believe.at least that's what I heard from an insider....people are going to jail in oak lawmn and 218 and on 95th
Don't forget district engineer and his gun slinging assistant.. Take them all down. And the dirty board
Electrical Aggravation

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 26, 2012
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Really? I do get it. The front page of the Southtown says that a trustee in Oak Lawn is being investigated by the FBI. He is friends with trustees in chicago ridge. Said trustee does business with the village of chicago ridge because he has friends. If he is vindicated the story will be on page 36 if it is reported at all. If he is indicted he might take some of his friends with him. Who cares? Most of us go to work every day, obey the law and pay our taxes. some of us work at not working, are scofflaws and try to figure out how not to pay taxes. There is no Gene Team. But who really cares? The guys who he took care of are running him out of the door.
Before the election gets too heated up in Chicago Ridge, remember that the Village Board only did what every community in the state is doing this year, with energy aggregation. The trustees will want to take credit for the idea. They should not. You only have to look as far as your nearest Samís Club to see how the power of group membership and bulk purchasing can result in lower prices. The business model is simple: The group with the bigger bargaining chip receives the best deal.
Thatís the idea behind municipal electric aggregation our Village Board, like lots of other City Councils and Village Boards across the country agreed once our Village voted in a referendum vote to accept the lowest bid for electricity from among any number of suppliers. Maybe you didnít know we had one last spring. The Village Board did nothing to promote the idea since they donít like asking residents for input very often. Back room meetings are much easier for our shy-boy Trustees.
As a group, Villages can bargain for a cheaper price. Individual residents can opt out if they donít like the price or the supplier, or just donít want government butting into their business.
Municipal aggregation gained steam last spring, when a number of Illinois communities voted to participate. The Village Board did not invent this idea.
There are good points in aggregation: It helps a large number of people, yet no one is forced to participate. That opt-out option could be a little easier (itís reminiscent of automatic charges for computer security program renewals).
Everyone is watching what and how much they spend, and most people support any legitimate means of providing lower-cost utilities to a larger number of people.
Government did not have to lead the charge Tea Party members, like Trustee Grove for instance, say that if government decides for us runs it must be a bad idea generally, but he does want to take credit for this idea. It remains to be seen why Grove thought Chicago Ridge needed Bob Streitís company to tell the Village Board what energy provider would be the cheapest solution. He usually likes to act like he knows it all and in this case even our board should have been able to figure out the cheapest companies.
Since the Village has agreed on a supplier, residents can back out ó for free ó within the first 30 days. Thereís a service fee if you wait longer to quit, but proponents say the fee is probably no more than the savings you will have incurred.
Those who opt out of the program would be well-served by doing their homework to avoid unexpected problems. For the rest of us, aggregation might provide some financial relief when we take a look at the monthly electric bill. Letís wait and see how much savings come our way.
Know a insider

Bensenville, IL

#20 Dec 26, 2012
I heard Feds are looking at Adler. Streit. Grahm Byrne ford harting and hauser for something at schools. I heard they are talking to someone at school
Indictment

Palatine, IL

#21 Feb 4, 2013
Know a insider wrote:
I heard Feds are looking at Adler. Streit. Grahm Byrne ford harting and hauser for something at schools. I heard they are talking to someone at school
I hear that an indictment might be coming down soon. Sure looks bad for the Ridge knowing that this guy generated the electric agreement for our town.
Ridger

Chicago Ridge, IL

#22 Jun 15, 2013
Bosom Buddy wrote:
Looks like this ain't going away anytime soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Glitter Starz Inc 13 hr skylarc 6
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 18 hr Loveyoumanny 1,498
New School Board Leaders Mon ABCs 10
News Jury Sides with Sheriff's Cops in Lawsuit over ... Mon concerned taxpayer 1
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) May 3 Ken 553
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) May 3 Datruthhurts 29
moody May 3 A Senior 2
More from around the web

Burr Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]