Rod Blagojevich friend Christopher Ke...

Rod Blagojevich friend Christopher Kelly gets 37 months in pris...

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 22, 2009, titled Rod Blagojevich friend Christopher Kelly gets 37 months in pris.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Christopher Kelly, one of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich 's closest friends and advisers, was sentenced to a little more than 3 years in prison Monday in a tax fraud case, casting doubt on whether he will ever line up to testify in the broad conspiracy case against Blagojevich.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Hope

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2009
Chicago State University's contracts with Kelly should be top of Federalis priority for both scrutiny and fraud charges. Look out CSU BOD members who are running like cattle rushing to the watering hole.
Jake

New York, NY

#2 Jun 23, 2009
Hey Blago... Your time is coming...
Enterprising Affair

AOL

#3 Jun 23, 2009
Mr kelly must not like seeing his family ! If he was smart he would sell blago down the river. He would do it to HIM in a heartbeat ! Then smile in his face like nothing happened !

MAKE THE DEAL !
Springfield

Springfield, IL

#5 Jun 23, 2009
This is just the begining for Mr. Kelly. With two other trials on the horizon, he will either squeal like a little political piggy or take it like a big political hog behind bars.

Either way, his future is filled with fun that he played hard for and the price, well let's just say the return on his political investments are less than desirable to say the least.
cliff zeider

Le Claire, IA

#6 Jun 23, 2009
Hey Jeff, Lets hope Sen. Durbin gets some time for insider trading. cz
Mark Winshel

Walnut Creek, CA

#7 Jun 23, 2009
If I had been Kelly's attorney, he definitely would not have been found guilty of anything, since I would have kept on emphasizing Kelly's close relationships with Blagojevich.

And I am sure the judge and jury would have then realized since Blago himself is such a paragon of honesty and integrity, that therefore the probability that a close associate of his would have engaged in anything improper or illegal is less than even infinitely small.

Since: Jun 08

Evanston, IL

#8 Jun 23, 2009
I heard Kelly has been linked indirectly to fundraising activities on behalf of Obama.

Oh well, the media steers clear from going in that direction and possiibly harm the "prestigious" and "perfect" reputation of our first black..er..mulatto president.
Bessie

Zion, IL

#9 Jun 23, 2009
CNN and other news agencies are trying to get Judge Zagel to release wire taps of Blagojevich to the media.

This case against Kelly is a means to an end for the feds, they don't care about what Kelly did...they just want his testimony against Blago. The CIA has water boarding the feds have the IRS. Kelly and many others are just collateral damage to get Blagojevich and Daley.

With Obama firing the U.S attorneys and Daleys close proximity to the President it might not ever happen. Daley wants the feds to focus on gangs and drugs and leave the politicians alone...Daley ususally gets what he asks for, although P.F. has quite a following he wouldn't go down quitely.
PJ Hoff

Woodridge, IL

#10 Jun 23, 2009
While the Blagojevich corruption is bad, it is nothing compared to the operation going on in Chicago involving the Daley's, Burkes and Madigans. If they are not stopped soon the City of Chicago will be bankrupt.

It is time for the feds to stop playing around with the small fry and go after the big ones.
Bessie

Zion, IL

#11 Jun 23, 2009
PJ Hoff wrote:
While the Blagojevich corruption is bad, it is nothing compared to the operation going on in Chicago involving the Daley's, Burkes and Madigans. If they are not stopped soon the City of Chicago will be bankrupt.
It is time for the feds to stop playing around with the small fry and go after the big ones.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php...

I have to disagree with you on that, please read the attached article...Blagojevich was involved in some of the worst "pay to play", he sold a military site in Savanna Il. for $100,000 to his friend T.Rezko, D.T.Frawley, A.Alsammarae, and Nahdmi Auchi. Their company "Companion Security was to bring 150 Iraqi militants here to Illinois to train to use AK-47's. These men all have EXTREMELY shady histories, none of them were ever vetted...WHO was going to vet the 150 Iraqi's???

All political corruption is diplorable especially when our Country is at war and when you combine corrupt political leaders and the stricktest gun laws in the Country it is a recipe for disaster. The frightening position Blagojevich put our State and our Country in is unforgivable and has not yet been mentioned in the indictment against him...I think the feds are waiting for full cooperation from Harris, Kelly and Rezko.
Scott Snyder

Los Olivos, CA

#12 Jun 24, 2009
It's amazing how powerful people change when facing the mighty court. as far as the x gov. I doubt he'll see any real time behind bars. Maybe just send him to live in the " jungle " with his wife and Sanjaya. Read The GH-4 Effect at Strategic Book Publishing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worker at spa near Willowbrook faces prostituti... 9 hr Only in your dreams 6
Why are there so many Arabs in Orland? (Jul '10) 9 hr Orland Parker 74
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) Mon Bugaboo 38
and there off The 2017 race for Mayor. Mon No spin zone 35
News Motorcyclist still in coma after November accident (Jan '10) Mon Frank Longdong 7
Tokar Fest 2017 Sun PBRAMF 5
Section 8 is sending Berwyn to hell. Jun 26 Arthur 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burr Ridge Mortgages