Da Coach Mike Ditka for Illinois gove...

Da Coach Mike Ditka for Illinois governor?

There are 37 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Da Coach Mike Ditka for Illinois governor?. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Rod Blagojevich 's fumbling performance, a Burr Ridge man has begun an Internet campaign aimed at yanking the governor from office and replacing him with former Bears coach Mike Ditka .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chicago Slim

Chicago, IL

#24 Dec 24, 2008
What? Ditka for governor? He won only one super Bowl with a team that was capable of winning three in a row!

Ditka is the town drunk, a lout, a loudmouth and a drunken bufoon. He alienates his best friends and his family. This guy would be three steps backwards from Blago.

Get a grip, he is a joke, he is likely to go to his just reward in a drunken driving accident like so many other lifelong drunks.
Jukebox Hero

Schaumburg, IL

#25 Dec 24, 2008
DanS wrote:
let's review Mr Ditka's resume:
(1) he was a satisfactory player for his era, but satisfactory is all he was;
(2) he happened to be hired to coach a team that would have progressed to the Super Bowl regardless of who was coach;
(3) his coaching & leadership skills are defined by his tenure in New Orleans;
(4) his temper tantrums are legendary; do we want a governor that exhibits that behavior?
an uninformed electorate proferring solutions of this type are why Illinois is a laughing stock nationally and internationally.
We have a new president with less.
Jukebox Hero

Schaumburg, IL

#26 Dec 24, 2008
Chicago Slim wrote:
What? Ditka for governor? He won only one super Bowl with a team that was capable of winning three in a row!
Ditka is the town drunk, a lout, a loudmouth and a drunken bufoon. He alienates his best friends and his family. This guy would be three steps backwards from Blago.
Get a grip, he is a joke, he is likely to go to his just reward in a drunken driving accident like so many other lifelong drunks.
Who are you crappin?
Go Iron Mike

La Grange, IL

#27 Dec 24, 2008
And Mike Singletary for Lt. Governor!
joe

Saint Charles, IL

#29 Dec 25, 2008
This crooked state and its moron voting base do not desearve the kind of honesty and straight talk Ditka would bring.
MURPHY

Westchester, IL

#30 Dec 25, 2008
Our last five governors in Illinois have been blithering dunderheads. PLEASE, we do not need one more!!!!! SAY NO TO DITIKA.
Paul

Chicago, IL

#31 Dec 25, 2008
Edgar was our best governor period and he was a Republican!!!!! Illinois under the Democrats $uck%

Tax Tax Tax Tax and more Taxes
Paul

Chicago, IL

#32 Dec 25, 2008
Mr Voter wrote:
Mike **** is a jerk and would just make us all the more for jokes, he knows nothing about goverment and cares only about lining his pockets ( might as well bring the felon ryan back ) all he wants is to come to his over priced crap restaurant with his name on anything that will pay him a penny we do not need another jerk as Gov.....we need some one to address to serious problems we have and he IS not the man to do it. All that will happen is another Gov. going to jail cause his greed will get the best of him or his pig head not bending having a tantrum won't help either....
Who do you want another Democrat? The Democratic Party has ruined Illinois and Cook County!!!!
Homer Ballard

Westchester, IL

#33 Dec 25, 2008
Paul wrote:
Edgar was our best governor period and he was a Republican!!!!! Illinois under the Democrats $uck%
Tax Tax Tax Tax and more Taxes
The only difference between Edgar and Ryan? Edgar was smarter, sneakier and acted god-fearing. They are both tax-payer cheating louts.
joe

Saint Charles, IL

#34 Dec 25, 2008
The Blago/Ryan voters hate Mike Ditka so there you go...
mr mean

Melrose Park, IL

#35 Dec 25, 2008
I say lets tar and feather this drunk ditka and run him out of the state....
Paul

Chicago, IL

#36 Dec 25, 2008
Homer Ballard wrote:
<quoted text> The only difference between Edgar and Ryan? Edgar was smarter, sneakier and acted god-fearing. They are both tax-payer cheating louts.
Who said that Jim Edgar was a cheater? Where are you getting your information Homer?

I would also settle for Big Jim again but not the way how he is now.
Paul

Chicago, IL

#37 Dec 25, 2008
Whether you like him or not, he would not pander or mammy pander to certain groups. I'm getting sick of politicans whether they are Dems or Reps who can not tell it like it is. I'm not saying that we need leaders who should be bad m fers but we need leaders who can not tell it like it is. If you don't like it then tough because you probably had it coming to you.
Kent Illinois

Wheaton, IL

#38 Dec 25, 2008
Like it or not, Illinois does love Ditka. I'm not sure if he lives here or not but he is an Illinois celebrity.
Football Fan

Melrose Park, IL

#39 Dec 25, 2008
Tin horn mike is a dead beat jagoff
Dan Rakow

Glen Ellyn, IL

#40 Dec 26, 2008
He would be an Excelent Governor just as much was a great Coach for the Chicago Bears and I still have my favorite when Iron Mike was with Bears were Packers rivalries and as a player he referred them as Red Bay Packers because of the bad blood between Bears and Packers
da man

Crest Hill, IL

#41 Apr 29, 2010
thats good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burr Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
this town actually has shadow people day and night 1 hr ghost thomas 1
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 1 hr The New Normal 10,192
The South Stickney Sanitary District New Trustee 12 hr Do do man 4
Results now meet 18 hr Oh My 35
Toni Preckwinkle must go Wed Realty Bites 3
Multiple Aliases Don't Fool Topix Moderators Wed Ollo 45
Stop the Soda Tax in Cook County Wed Mongo McRomeoville 19

Burr Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance