Arrests: 2 charged with possessing 44...

Arrests: 2 charged with possessing 443 painkiller pills

There are 35 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Arrests: 2 charged with possessing 443 painkiller pills. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

ASHEVILLE Buncombe County Sheriff's deputies on Monday charged a man and woman from Barnardsville with possessing 443 Hydrocodone pills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gee Golly

Weaverville, NC

#1 Mar 31, 2009
This is too close to home!!!!!! These are neighbors.

Time to form up a posse and get these druggies off the streets.

Since: Feb 09

Ellenboro, NC

#2 Mar 31, 2009
WOW, 443 hydrocodone tabs! Someone has a gorilla of a monkey on their back, or someone is planning on making some spending cash! Depending on strength, those could go for anywhere between $3 to $7, and before you ask, I have cousin and his wife was addicted to these and bought them off the "street".
rifraf

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 31, 2009
Finally that end of Buncombe County is getting some attention.... Lenny Anders was just busted a few weeks ago for meth, and he is from Barnardsville, and now these two. Wonder if Cowboy's is close to being raided???
mtngirl

United States

#4 Mar 31, 2009
rifraf wrote:
Finally that end of Buncombe County is getting some attention.... Lenny Anders was just busted a few weeks ago for meth, and he is from Barnardsville, and now these two. Wonder if Cowboy's is close to being raided???
I hope so and I hope it's soon.
CJOHNNY

Travelers Rest, SC

#5 Mar 31, 2009
How in the world can you get this many pill's to sell. Sure would like to hear the answer to where they got them. My late wife was addicted to these pill's. Cancer did her in , not the pill's. Bad stuff to get hooked on.
sctv

Wilmington, NC

#6 Mar 31, 2009
In other news, Buncombe county sheriff's are feeling goooood right now.

Since: Sep 08

Mills River, NC

#7 Mar 31, 2009
443 Hydrocodone pills!$3000 bond, amazing. Hopefully they swallow the evidence next time...
dojo

Maxton, NC

#8 Mar 31, 2009
hey, i am a recovering addict....i know how addictive hydrocodone can be....that is kind of where it all started with me. that only let to stronger pain pills. anyone who may be an addict will do anything to get that stuff. it will rule their lifes. Nothig else will matter. all you think about is where will i get more and more and more...Thank God i am not dead! I wish that more people would realize that addiction is a disease. once an addict, always an addict. i good now, bean clean for 5 months now. i just want to share my story about addiction.

i would like to see anyone who buys and sells pills illeagly get caught eventually because it could ruin a lot of lifes.

Since: Feb 09

Ellenboro, NC

#9 Mar 31, 2009
dojo wrote:
hey, i am a recovering addict....i know how addictive hydrocodone can be....that is kind of where it all started with me. that only let to stronger pain pills. anyone who may be an addict will do anything to get that stuff. it will rule their lifes. Nothig else will matter. all you think about is where will i get more and more and more...Thank God i am not dead! I wish that more people would realize that addiction is a disease. once an addict, always an addict. i good now, bean clean for 5 months now. i just want to share my story about addiction.
i would like to see anyone who buys and sells pills illeagly get caught eventually because it could ruin a lot of lifes.
AMEN brother. Took me 10 years,$40,000.00 in debt, and my 25 year old marriage to bring me to my senses! Well, the biggest thing to help was having God on my side! I have been clean since 7/18/2005, and have been attending a local chapter of Reformers Unamious ( RU ) which meets every Friday at 7:00PM at chapters across the nation. RU is a Bible based addictions program that is the fastest growing program with a 70% success rate. It works! Addiction is evil and it only leads to ruin. The nature of narcotics is that you develop tolerance so quickly and have to have more and more to acheive any type of high. I was buying from online pharmacies, hence the huge chunk of money....all in cc's.

Btw, on my first post, my cousin's wife really was addicted to hydrocodone and buying them off the street as stated and at the prices stated.
dojo

Maxton, NC

#10 Mar 31, 2009
izzit wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN brother. Took me 10 years,$40,000.00 in debt, and my 25 year old marriage to bring me to my senses! Well, the biggest thing to help was having God on my side! I have been clean since 7/18/2005, and have been attending a local chapter of Reformers Unamious ( RU ) which meets every Friday at 7:00PM at chapters across the nation. RU is a Bible based addictions program that is the fastest growing program with a 70% success rate. It works! Addiction is evil and it only leads to ruin. The nature of narcotics is that you develop tolerance so quickly and have to have more and more to acheive any type of high. I was buying from online pharmacies, hence the huge chunk of money....all in cc's.
Btw, on my first post, my cousin's wife really was addicted to hydrocodone and buying them off the street as stated and at the prices stated.
I know what you mean....it took about 20 years of my life....i risk everything, lied, cheated, going to different pain clinics, even forged RX (52 counts of forgery & fraud).
i thank God that my husband of the last 8 years has stood by me through all this(u see i even hid the addiction from him) or so i thought. He eventually caught on & so did my 2 children.
The rehab, phyciatrists (which i still see every week). I have been on Suboxone which had been a miracal drug for me. I was truly take quite a coctail of drugs, basically anything i could get my hands on...not only pain killer but zanax as well...eating everything like candy....
it is a tough road however i thank God everyday for allowing me to live.
Noobs

Manteo, NC

#11 Mar 31, 2009
Really, people. It's your fault you're on this crap.

“I love Asheville!”

Since: Mar 09

Fairview

#12 Mar 31, 2009
Noobs wrote:
Really, people. It's your fault you're on this crap.
well i am happy for you. you are blessed with NOT having this disease called addiction...
Perhaps you should do your research before making a comment about something you obviously don't know anything about!
Have a great day!
jen

Arden, NC

#13 Mar 31, 2009
What do you do if you really need the painkillers. I have two very painful conditions and I can't live without the painkillers. I can't go back to a life with that pain. I'd rather die. I really don't like taking this stuff. I'd much rather live the way I use to. Painfree and drugfree. It ain't a gonna happen unless God sees fit to give me a miracle. I take what I take legally and mostly how it's prescribed. Sometimes at night I'm in so much pain I can't sleep even with sleep meds and take an extra one but that is not often. When I read how bad this stuff is for you it scares me so bad. I've been taking it for a few years on the advice of a pain center dr. They check to see if I'm addicted and so far I'm not, but I can't help but be scared. I take a lot of meds for these conditions but the painkillers are the ones I rely on for a semblance of a normal life.

“I love Asheville!”

Since: Mar 09

Fairview

#14 Mar 31, 2009
jen wrote:
What do you do if you really need the painkillers. I have two very painful conditions and I can't live without the painkillers. I can't go back to a life with that pain. I'd rather die. I really don't like taking this stuff. I'd much rather live the way I use to. Painfree and drugfree. It ain't a gonna happen unless God sees fit to give me a miracle. I take what I take legally and mostly how it's prescribed. Sometimes at night I'm in so much pain I can't sleep even with sleep meds and take an extra one but that is not often. When I read how bad this stuff is for you it scares me so bad. I've been taking it for a few years on the advice of a pain center dr. They check to see if I'm addicted and so far I'm not, but I can't help but be scared. I take a lot of meds for these conditions but the painkillers are the ones I rely on for a semblance of a normal life.
jen,
Personally, I believe that if you are taking your medication for a valid reason and taking it as prescribed (not abusing it as i did) then you do what you have to do to help deal with the pain.
Be very careful with the pain clinics...a lot of those Dr. tend to overprescribe meds and a lot of them.
You would be suprised how may people are there for the medication only. They really don't have a valid reason to be there.
That was my case...I was making up the lower back pain, siatica pain and other things just to get the narcotics.
Keep on taking the meds if you truly need them...keep honest with yourself and continue taking thm as prescribed. Should you ever want to quit taking the meds be prepared to go thru very severe withdrawal....most horrible thing ever.
Have a great day!
Matt

Weaverville, NC

#15 Mar 31, 2009
There goes my weekend
thank tha lord

Columbus, GA

#16 Mar 31, 2009
Gee Golly wrote:
This is too close to home!!!!!! These are neighbors.
Time to form up a posse and get these druggies off the streets.
Well, at least that moonshiner Popcorn isn't making illegal liquor easier for teenagers to get anymore!
lexie

Candler, NC

#17 Mar 31, 2009
• Michael Charles Jarvis, 44, address listed as Buncombe County Detention Center, was charged with obtaining property by false pretense. Jarvis tried to get $60 from a towing company after giving them a false bill of sale for a flat bed trailer, according to warrants.

anyone find that as funny as i do?
Noobs

Manteo, NC

#18 Mar 31, 2009
dojo - asheville wrote:
<quoted text>
well i am happy for you. you are blessed with NOT having this disease called addiction...
Perhaps you should do your research before making a comment about something you obviously don't know anything about!
Have a great day!
Mmm no, it's called "having the sense not to take the drugs in the first place." Tough break, toughen up, and learn a lesson of life.

“I love Asheville!”

Since: Mar 09

Fairview

#19 Apr 1, 2009
Noobs wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmm no, it's called "having the sense not to take the drugs in the first place." Tough break, toughen up, and learn a lesson of life.
Oh, I have learned a life lesson...the hard way! Had I known that I carried a gene that would ruin a good part of my life, I would have never taken that 1st pill.

Like I said before, addiction is a disease...you are BORN WITH....sure everyone has a choice, even I did. I will admit now that I never realized I had a problem until I almost died!(u really must do some research Noob)

I am just trying to use this forum to educate people about how addiction works. Believe me it is like a demon that lies dormant within a lot of souls and when it does show its ugly head....it is not a prety sight.

Hope you have a great day! I am
Noobs

Manteo, NC

#20 Apr 1, 2009
dojo - asheville wrote:
addiction is a disease...you are BORN WITH....
Uh, no. Addiction is not something you are born with. You have free will as a human as to whether or not you take something you are not supposed to.

That does not qualify as a "disease".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Ole Peyton 8 hr SomeonesGottaSayIt 1
Hailey Bowman? 8 hr Dealtwiththatbefore 2
Katelyn Carpenter 8 hr Truthteller 11
baxter health care 10 hr Deadbeat 50
Church people are angry 20 hr Jeremiah 12
Fast stop/fight 22 hr Windsorofall 19
Real life SIX 22 hr Dammit 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnsville Mortgages