These Twin Cities restaurants will be...

These Twin Cities restaurants will be open on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 22, 2010, titled These Twin Cities restaurants will be open on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

No need to be left out in the cold on Friday night or Christmas Day. These restaurants will be open and serving something to suit just about every taste.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Debi

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 23, 2010
Cecil's Deli on Cleveland in Highland Park area is open as well!
Honest

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 23, 2010
Nice to have the list but there are cheaper places.

This is a recession. Don't keep listing such places when people in our cities are starving.

Have a bit of compassion and good sense.
Nutmeg

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 24, 2010
Honest wrote:
This is a recession. Don't keep listing such places when people in our cities are starving.
Cheaper than Mickey's???
AntiMelting

United States

#4 Dec 24, 2010
Honest wrote:
Don't worry, I'm sure McDonalds and OCB will be open for all the disenfranchised that society has provided everything to.

diceast

Kansas City, MO

#5 Dec 24, 2010
so will perkins resturants.

Since: Dec 08

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 24, 2010
Some of the better hotel restaurants are open as well such as Crowne Plaza.
Fighting Sue

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Dec 24, 2010
Imagine if they were all given the day off, with pay, like Federal and State Government employees.

Wait?

Isn't this a "separation of Church and State" issue considering that Christmas Day is associated with the Christian Church?

I have no problem with giving the govt workers the day off "without" pay but to pay them for a Religious holiday "crosses" the line if you can't pray in our public schools and have the 10 commandments on Courthouse property.
Swamp Rat

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 24, 2010
It may be a bleak Christmas for some of us and our personal treasuries are very low but what the heck I am having Christmas in style, be it a modest style, at the venerable Mickey's Diner! The coffee is great, the bean soup piping hot, and whatever the Christmas entre special is it will warm/nourish my body and warm the spirit!!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all best wishes for a warm Christmas Dinner!!
Swamp Rat

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 24, 2010
Fighting Sue wrote:
Imagine if they were all given the day off, with pay, like Federal and State Government employees.
Wait?
Isn't this a "separation of Church and State" issue considering that Christmas Day is associated with the Christian Church?
I have no problem with giving the govt workers the day off "without" pay but to pay them for a Religious holiday "crosses" the line if you can't pray in our public schools and have the 10 commandments on Courthouse property.
Fighting Sue;
Put down your faux sword of indignation and argumentative diatribes it is Christmas, however you celebrate it! You picked the wrong thread and wrong time to argue your contentious separation of church and state debates!

There is more to the Christmas than religion or political arguments. Unfortunately I feel your lack of compassion and feelings to your fellow man or woman during this season of giving, humanity, and love during this momentous time of year.

Here is wishing you hope and tranquility of spirit besides wishing you a Merry Christmas. May your Christmas Day be blessed with love, compassion, and good will for all.
Swamp Rat

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#11 Dec 28, 2010
Ummmm...today is the 28th of December. And this story is still posted on the front page of the PiPress web site?

Well done!
StILL BoB to EM

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 29, 2010
THAT"S NICE, BUT CHRISTMAS DAY WAS 3 DAYS AGO. How about an update here?
StILL BoB to EM

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Dec 29, 2010
'scuse me, I meant 4 days ago..........
slylab

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 29, 2010
December 29th, still on the front page! Jack wagons...
slylab

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Dec 31, 2010
New Year's eve, still on the front page! LOL
StILL BoB to EM

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 5, 2011
Do you mean THIS Christmas Or LAST Christmas. It is Jan 5,2011 already....................

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Eagan firefighter arrested for arson in... (Sep '09) Feb 5 Koko 26
Sex offender list Jan 22 NCC 2
News Report: 3 arrested in burglary spree that spans... (Sep '10) Jan 16 baba 111
News Minnesota Mom Sinks Half-Court Shot, Wins Half ... Dec '15 Bryan Fischer s H... 1
Cheap boxing gym here in eagen? Dec '15 Boxerman 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Elizabeth Kautz as Mayor? (Jul '15) Jul '15 Section 8 1
News Burnsville troop leader charged with molesting ... (Oct '09) Jul '15 Chas 174
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnsville Mortgages