Mayor vs Norrie Wake
ToCanSam

London, KY

#79 May 4, 2013
I think they are all losing their minds over a little power, to many are wanting to run things that a few were elected to run, I say impeach both goverments and start over new, this is getting way out of hand, elected leaders fighting like school kids, Power will cause this to happen though
Tin horn

Greenbrier, AR

#80 May 4, 2013
No update on what happened? If Wake went to the market, what happened? Without an update, pictures or witnesses, people might start thinking this whole thing was a hoax.
Peyton Place

Brownsville, TN

#81 May 4, 2013
Tin horn wrote:
No update on what happened? If Wake went to the market, what happened? Without an update, pictures or witnesses, people might start thinking this whole thing was a hoax.
Wake went and sold his brew just like he said he was going to do. The Mayor nor the police showed up to arrest him.

Pretty much it!
Where is CJ

Hazard, KY

#82 May 5, 2013
How come none of this was covered in the paper?
Westwood

United States

#83 May 5, 2013
ToCanSam wrote:
-------I say impeach both goverments and start over new, this is getting way out of hand, elected leaders fighting like school kids, Power will cause this to happen though
Hey, I have an idea. Let's investigate a unified government.
ToCanSam

Waynesburg, KY

#84 May 5, 2013
One government is starting to sound better than I thought, after watching grown men act like school kids if they don't get their way, it's all a power struggle
Westwood

United States

#85 May 5, 2013
ToCanSam wrote:
One government is starting to sound better than I thought, after watching grown men act like school kids if they don't get their way, it's all a power struggle
That's the spirit. All it takes is a little open mindedness to get away from pre-conceived notions.
Backstory

Indianapolis, IN

#86 May 5, 2013
Peyton Place wrote:
<quoted text>Wake went and sold his brew just like he said he was going to do. The Mayor nor the police showed up to arrest him.

Pretty much it!
There is some interesting backstory. Mayor called the Somerset Mall last Thursday and threatened the mall manager. Almost lead to the famers market moving or shutting down. I guess the rdrama was really Thursday not Satuday.
gonzo

Mount Vernon, KY

#87 May 5, 2013
There is some interesting backstory. Mayor called the Somerset Mall last Thursday and threatened the mall manager. Almost lead to the famers market moving or shutting down. I guess the rdrama was really Thursday not Satuday.

If this did in fact happen, this is a little ridiculous and beyond stupid!
Stephen

Manchester, KY

#88 May 5, 2013
I remember Norrie Wake when he was president of the Bluegrass Council of the Boy Scouts of America for several years. He did many good things for the youth of Kentucky.

He also devoted years on the battlefield museum in Nancy. He helped to get it where it is today. A well built museum and attraction that will guarantee the preservation of this civil war battlefield for generations to come.

Girdler curses and rants. He spends tax payers money like it is nothing. I can see the truth in this topix clearly.
somerset man

Pineville, KY

#89 May 5, 2013
Investigative reporting is not in the vocabulary of the Commonwealth Journal, they don't know how. All they care about is selling ads.
gonzo

Mount Vernon, KY

#90 May 5, 2013
somerset man wrote:
Investigative reporting is not in the vocabulary of the Commonwealth Journal, they don't know how. All they care about is selling ads.
I do agree...there is so much news worth reporting on this story and others that have developed and was pushed under the rug the past 6-12 months, wonder why? Cannot be all about ads, because good reporting sells papers thus more ads...something else....

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#91 May 5, 2013
somerset man wrote:
Investigative reporting is not in the vocabulary of the Commonwealth Journal, they don't know how. All they care about is selling ads.
Did you hear, the lake level is up.

=D
Where is CJ

Hazard, KY

#92 May 5, 2013
gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree...there is so much news worth reporting on this story and others that have developed and was pushed under the rug the past 6-12 months, wonder why? Cannot be all about ads, because good reporting sells papers thus more ads...something else....
Blame it on the city graveyard
Westwood

United States

#93 May 5, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear, the lake level is up.
=D
The lake level is up for the first time in a few years.
Kim Jong keeps up his antics daily so it's not big news anymore.
somerset man

Pineville, KY

#94 May 5, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear, the lake level is up.
=D
LoL, did you her about the new bar opening up downtown? Wish they were as diligent on city and county news as they are about that dang lake and booze news. Press releases by the mayor or the Somerset Police Department isn't what i or anyone else would call reporting.
Westwood

United States

#95 May 5, 2013
I'm wondering why a winery from Wayne County participated in the Farmers Market and our two local Pulaski County wineries stayed home. Looks like they may have missed out on a good opportunity. Oh well, "He who has a Tates is lost".
bullfrog

Somerset, KY

#96 May 5, 2013
Stephen wrote:
I remember Norrie Wake when he was president of the Bluegrass Council of the Boy Scouts of America for several years. He did many good things for the youth of Kentucky.
He also devoted years on the battlefield museum in Nancy. He helped to get it where it is today. A well built museum and attraction that will guarantee the preservation of this civil war battlefield for generations to come.
Girdler curses and rants. He spends tax payers money like it is nothing. I can see the truth in this topix clearly.
He got the battlefield where it is today.. a expensive building and parking lot with cars in it only when the board meets?.. Yes, he had a part in that too.
idiot

London, KY

#97 May 5, 2013
Where is CJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame it on the city graveyard
There was nothing to cover. Nothing happened.
Tourism

Tucker, GA

#98 May 5, 2013
bullfrog wrote:
<quoted text>
He got the battlefield where it is today.. a expensive building and parking lot with cars in it only when the board meets?.. Yes, he had a part in that too.
Would you rather have another site to have it in Ohio?
Think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Forumwatcher 174,955
Jessica loveless Merrick a.k.a shelly 1 hr Just me 19
why are Pulaski schools going 6 days extra 2 hr Geez 10
sonnys bar bq (Apr '08) 2 hr Pizza 36
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 5 hr Doobie Time 39,496
Need truck driving job 8 hr Tip Toe 20
Nathan whitis 10 hr Jeff 8

Burnside Jobs

Personal Finance

Burnside Mortgages