Wildcat Beer, Wine, & Spirits

“Boogie Chill'un”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 14, 2013
Someone wrote:
The five places were all approved by the state ABC and given state license. The only one to be issued a license from the city was Wildcat. They were the only ones that met requirements set by the city when the application process began. The others are on hold until after the ABC answers the city on getting more licenses and why those approved were approved. Wildcat has everything they need to open once their building is remodeled.
Which building is it?
Someone

United States

#22 Feb 14, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>Which building is it?
Right past Mr. Gattis going south on 27. It was some type of a card store store a few months ago. It was also a Mexican restaurant at one point. When it was built it was originally a gas station.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#23 Feb 14, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right past Mr. Gattis going south on 27. It was some type of a card store store a few months ago. It was also a Mexican restaurant at one point. When it was built it was originally a gas station.
Yeah, where the old Peer gas station and Video Roundup Arcade were.....wasn't Lee's and some other Chicken joint there too?

Thanks for the info guys.....
Someone

East Bernstadt, KY

#24 Feb 14, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, where the old Peer gas station and Video Roundup Arcade were.....wasn't Lee's and some other Chicken joint there too?

The old Lees, which was also the Aussie Chicken place, is right next to it. There was another building that was torn down several years ago and then the current building built when the gas station/deli went in. It has been a little bit of everything since the gas station closed. It sat empty for a long time at one point.
duh

Louisville, KY

#25 Feb 14, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, where the old Peer gas station and Video Roundup Arcade were.....wasn't Lee's and some other Chicken joint there too?
Drove by there today, they are constructing a new facade on it, looks like its actually going to be a pretty nice looking building, drove down Trade park drive and you can see the length of the building, its actually bigger than it looks from 27 view, not counting rite aid or walgreens but out of the other 3, the mall store (still think that was a wasted lic) and the little rinky dink building were One Stop is going..thats a laugh, Wildcat will be the nicest!!
duh

Louisville, KY

#26 Feb 14, 2013
metusmetu wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU...calling me clueless? Obviously you don't read newspapers, Wild Cat has already been approved, and has a license, except that I'm guessin' Girdler is still holding the license, and the place is under construction for one reason or another, I'm assuming there wasn't a building there to start with. As far as your "training classes" go, what training does it take to ask for an ID and check it, and then take the money to pay for it...Somerset people so uneducated they have to be trained to do that? I'm not from this area, or this state (thank god), but where I come from they don't do "ANYTHING" like you people do here! So I would suggest you get your head out of your a$$, go visit another state or somewhere other than Somerset or KY., and find out how the REAL WORLD lives..........Froggy Boy.
Yea, very clueless.....there was a building there already oh smart one, this town is only big enough for one know it all and we already have him....lol
Poster

Bellefontaine, OH

#27 Feb 14, 2013
The wildcat building looks to be about 3000 sq ft so they will definitely have more inventory than any of the others by at least double. The pharmacies wont devote but maybe one isle to Liquor and beer. So Wildcat will be the only one with any real selection.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#28 Feb 14, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, very clueless.....there was a building there already oh smart one, this town is only big enough for one know it all and we already have him....lol
Had to get the last word in,....didn't ya......
duh

Louisville, KY

#29 Feb 14, 2013
metusmetu wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to get the last word in,....didn't ya......
well you got one right!!

Location hidden

#30 Feb 14, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>well you got one right!!
Sorry,.....I'm one up on ya.....

Location hidden

#31 Feb 14, 2013
Poster wrote:
The wildcat building looks to be about 3000 sq ft so they will definitely have more inventory than any of the others by at least double. The pharmacies wont devote but maybe one isle to Liquor and beer. So Wildcat will be the only one with any real selection.
Long as they've got a healthy supply of JAMESON I'm good..........

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#32 Feb 15, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
The old Lees, which was also the Aussie Chicken place, is right next to it. There was another building that was torn down several years ago and then the current building built when the gas station/deli went in. It has been a little bit of everything since the gas station closed. It sat empty for a long time at one point.
Ok.....I think I know which one you're talking about now....thanks.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#33 Feb 15, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>Drove by there today, they are constructing a new facade on it, looks like its actually going to be a pretty nice looking building, drove down Trade park drive and you can see the length of the building, its actually bigger than it looks from 27 view, not counting rite aid or walgreens but out of the other 3, the mall store (still think that was a wasted lic) and the little rinky dink building were One Stop is going..thats a laugh, Wildcat will be the nicest!!
....cool. I agree, the mall is a waste. Where is the One Stop going in? I haven't been home since Christmas Eve.
Someone

East Bernstadt, KY

#34 Feb 15, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>....cool. I agree, the mall is a waste. Where is the One Stop going in? I haven't been home since Christmas Eve.
Right past the Honda Shop on 27 there is a car lot; I can't remember the name right off hand. There is an older ran down looking building that is between them and a newer building where a Mexican restaurant is. The restaurant is the people that drive the taco truck and it stays parked there all the time. This place will be about as much of a waste as the one in the mall. I don't exactly like the mayor but at least he is standing up for the city by not allowing city licenses for those places until the ABC explains their reasoning.
Tea

Tucker, GA

#35 Feb 15, 2013
What is the website to put in an application?
poster

Tucker, GA

#36 Feb 15, 2013
Tea wrote:
What is the website to put in an application?
Www.wildcatspiritsky.com

You have to print it out and mail it or scan and email.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#37 Feb 15, 2013
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>....cool. I agree, the mall is a waste. Where is the One Stop going in? I haven't been home since Christmas Eve.
At least south Somerset/Pulaski got one store relatively close. It would suck having to drive the new bypass or through 30 lights just to visit Liquor World north of 80.

Hopefully the mall store will have an external entrance.
Someone

Chicago, IL

#38 Feb 15, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>At least south Somerset/Pulaski got one store relatively close. It would suck having to drive the new bypass or through 30 lights just to visit Liquor World north of 80.

Hopefully the mall store will have an external entrance.
If it is going where I have heard, it will have an outside entrance. They had looked at the empty spot on the back side of the mall that is across from the court clerk office. The last thing I remember being in that spot was a pet shop until they were moved to the front of the mall in a spot with no mall entrance.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#39 Feb 15, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is going where I have heard, it will have an outside entrance. They had looked at the empty spot on the back side of the mall that is across from the court clerk office. The last thing I remember being in that spot was a pet shop until they were moved to the front of the mall in a spot with no mall entrance.
That won't be bad at all then....

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#40 Feb 15, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right past the Honda Shop on 27 there is a car lot; I can't remember the name right off hand. There is an older ran down looking building that is between them and a newer building where a Mexican restaurant is. The restaurant is the people that drive the taco truck and it stays parked there all the time. This place will be about as much of a waste as the one in the mall. I don't exactly like the mayor but at least he is standing up for the city by not allowing city licenses for those places until the ABC explains their reasoning.
That used to be Burness Whitaker's old lot, I think is the one you're talking about. You're down in the area where Lynn Lowery had that pawn shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eddie Correll Sr is guilty 1 hr Ben Dover 7
Word Association (Feb '09) 5 hr Isabella Fireray 12,246
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 31,495
News Police, protesters again clash outside St. Louis (Aug '14) 8 hr bozo 6
Wanting to buy lake land that joins Core and bu... 8 hr rood 1
ttai 8 hr mike 18
Clarence from Somerset Woods 8 hr Looking for him 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnside Mortgages