Why

Middlesboro, KY

#3 May 8, 2013
Why on earth is this such an issue with you? The family has not been contacted yet for reasons that cannot be listed here. And also for reasons that are none of your business. So please grow up, put your nose back on your face, and give this a rest.

Your dark and macabre curiosity is a bit odd to say the least. What is the reason you keep insisting that this persons name be revealed on Topix? I suspect that you have ill intent at the root of your insistence on keeping this issue a conspiracy theory.

In the grand scheme of things, exactly who died is doesn't involve you one iota. It was a tragic accident, and best case scenario would be if you tried praying for the comfort of his or her family and friends once they are finally notified that their loved one has passed away. Instead, you constantly try to keep this going like you are about to bust because you don't know. That's a bit mental if you ask me.

They still don't know, and that's heartbreaking. So give this a rest please. You'll read all of your much needed gory details soon enough I'm sure.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#5 May 8, 2013
Iffen I challenge a train , my family would most certainly not claim me -

“Past Lingers.. In the present.”

Since: Feb 09

Here and There

#6 May 8, 2013
Sadly.. As a last effort, For the Somerset Police Dept. To Locate the man's family, They are asking for the Publics help to locate his family, So The young man's name and picture both have been revealed on their FB site! And.. it does Look as though leads are coming in.:-) Hopefully, They will be found and identified soon.
Prayers for his family. And I must add... I highly respect our Police Department for trying to show respect to the man's family by not revealing who he was to the public in the beginning!! Well done.
I care

Brownsville, TN

#7 May 9, 2013
The second comment on here is the most heartless and inconsiderate post I have ever read on Topix. When someone is speaking of a death, it isn't the time to make jokes.

God bless this person who died. God bless their family.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#8 May 9, 2013
I hope they find his family soon so he can be laid to rest.
This whole situation is very sad.
agatha

Harrison, AR

#9 May 9, 2013
I think his funeral is Friday @ southern oaks with burial also at southern oaks.

Location hidden

#10 May 9, 2013
Bless his heart. I hope his loved ones can find closure. I just within the past hour or so got caught up on this story. Kudos to our officials in the way they handled this case.

Location hidden

#11 May 9, 2013
No offense intended , but , it is what it is - How can anyone , able to walk , not see , hear , or feel a multi engine locomotive bearing down on them ?- The confusion on clear / not clear tracks don't wash - Sad situation - But , it is what it is -

“We Are Family”

Since: Aug 12

Here, There and Everywhere!

#13 May 14, 2013
Lots of unanswered questions that will never be answered, nor shared to the public.

“We Are Family”

#14 May 17, 2013
Did he not have a drivers License, Did he not have a Social Security Number, An address locally here, An automobile registered, Insurance on said vehicle?
Social security would have records on His work history, state where Social security was obtained from.
Drivers License would have a record of Kentucky and other States that he may have transfered from.
All this info is readily available to Law Enforcement.
This was a 28 year old male, yet we are to believe that Nobody knew anything about him nor next of kind?
No checking account, no debit, no credit cards,....

“We Are Family”

#15 May 17, 2013
"Next of Kin",(not Kind)

“Enjoying Life's Mishaps”

Since: Dec 09

Lost in Time

#16 May 17, 2013
Maybe they forgot about fingerprints being checked thu NCIC also.
Was he registered to vote, any Military Records, clubs, Work related Unions or employer calling to add info?
Someone

Indianapolis, IN

#17 May 17, 2013
BigDaddyandGang wrote:
Did he not have a drivers License, Did he not have a Social Security Number, An address locally here, An automobile registered, Insurance on said vehicle?
Social security would have records on His work history, state where Social security was obtained from.
Drivers License would have a record of Kentucky and other States that he may have transfered from.
All this info is readily available to Law Enforcement.
This was a 28 year old male, yet we are to believe that Nobody knew anything about him nor next of kind?
No checking account, no debit, no credit cards,....
All of the responses online through different media outlets have been that he was a foster child and bounced from place to place when he was younger and eventually ended up here at some point. It's not that no one knows he is the family just can't be found. It takes years for someone who was adopted to find their real family and some never do because of how records are done. Imagine how that works in this situation.

“Enjoying Life's Mishaps”

Since: Dec 09

Lost in Time

#18 May 17, 2013
There are paper trails for all persons, as soon as there is a request for a Social Security Number, since 1973. The IRS required all children to have one, in order to be claimed on income tax filings.
Therefore, he would have had one.

If he was born in Kentucky, there would be a record of birth filed with the local Health Department under the Child, Mother and Father name.
That Info would be recorded later under the Department of Vital Statistics in Frankfort.

Police have the right to inspect sealed records.

Location hidden

#19 May 17, 2013
Nobody wanted to step forward for fear of being financially responsible for the arrangements - Sorry , but that's the truth -

Location hidden

#20 May 17, 2013
They apparently knew WHO is was the whole time, but they couldn't find any next of kin before the name was released to the public. In my opinion, I think that it was withheld from the public out of respect for his family, and admirably so.

Sadly, KIA9, you may be correct there too... What an awful thing it would be to die and have no one miss you for that long or even wonder where the heck you were. Very sad..

I think they handled it well. It sounds like they really tried hard to find his next of kin so they wouldn't have to find it out about his death on the nightly news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Dog 1 hr Wang 2
Food stamp fraud 2 hr Bree 1
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr gladthelakeisback 32,321
Female fwb wanted for x marine 3 hr boBbiKlOo 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr another viewer 149,955
Wuz up in the set tonight 3 hr Chill in the set 1
Armstrong Affairs (Jan '16) 4 hr Aaron 41

Burnside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnside Mortgages