Somerset voters to decide on wet/dry ...

Somerset voters to decide on wet/dry issue

There are 20 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jun 22, 2012, titled Somerset voters to decide on wet/dry issue. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

In Pulaski County there are five cities, the cities of Burnside, Eubank, Ferguson, Science Hill and Somerset.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

boky

Hazard, KY

#1 Jun 23, 2012
i hope we go wet, this area needs this to survive in this economy. People think long and hard before you VOTE! because your future depends on this! that's all i am saying!
YES

Somerset, KY

#2 Jun 24, 2012
Get out Tuesday People of Somerset and go vote and Vote YES for progress!!!!
YES

Somerset, KY

#3 Jun 24, 2012
Very good article you wrote young lady.
Elihu

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2012
boky wrote:
i hope we go wet, this area needs this to survive in this economy. People think long and hard before you VOTE! because your future depends on this! that's all i am saying!
Talk about your fear mongering. Our future does not depend on alcohol. It is not what we need to survive
nacg

Clarkson, KY

#6 Jun 24, 2012
So what do you have in mind to bring jobs to this area.??
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#7 Jun 24, 2012
we are already surviving elihu.. we are talking about lifting ourselves out of surviving to liveing life instead of surviving it.
Sandbox

Hazard, KY

#8 Jun 24, 2012
and please realise, this isn't a wet/dry vote. Anyone that has lived here over the last 50 years already knows that. It is a legal/illegal vote. Supporting either regulation or black market.
Elihu

Richmond Hill, NY

#9 Jun 24, 2012
nacg wrote:
So what do you have in mind to bring jobs to this area.??
Repeal NAFTA. Use stimulus money to give to people to use to open up factories and put people back to work. We need production going again in america. and in our state and in our county. start drug testing people that are on welfare. use the money from that to go towards helping others in our community, that are really in need and not abusing it. for starters.
Elihu

Richmond Hill, NY

#10 Jun 24, 2012
manfromthewest wrote:
we are already surviving elihu.. we are talking about lifting ourselves out of surviving to liveing life instead of surviving it.
no you are not you are talking about making it easier for you to get a drink.
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#11 Jun 24, 2012
Elihu wrote:
<quoted text> no you are not you are talking about making it easier for you to get a drink.
i dont drink.. if i did i could get it already. i just have a passion for freedom in this country.. i dont like laws that restrict citizens freedoms.. they just dont work. never did..... and never will..
Layla

Mount Vernon, KY

#12 Jun 24, 2012
Man, you have a solid grasp of the situation. We lose many dollars each year just on the boater traffic. I've seen the boat owners unload pickup trucks full of beer and wine and put it on their boats. Think of what could be done for the local area with the revenue garnered from the sale of booze. If the people choose not to frequent establishments where alcohol is sold, that's their choice. Just don't take away my freedom of choice.
curious

East Bernstadt, KY

#14 Jun 25, 2012
where do i go to vote? and do i need to pre-register somewhere? i have only lived here 3yrs...
manfromthewest

Somerset, KY

#15 Jun 25, 2012
curious wrote:
where do i go to vote? and do i need to pre-register somewhere? i have only lived here 3yrs...
the court house i guess.. a good place to find out.
LibertyOverSafet y

Eubank, KY

#16 Jun 26, 2012
Did it pass?
rob

Oneida, KY

#17 Jun 26, 2012
i live where i could not vote but if i ever shop in somerset i have to put up with the alcohol there this is very unfair to me because it is very out of my way to go anywhere else to shop as far as the riches people are looking for from the alcohol how rich has it made burnside look at the facts search it out they are no better off than they were before alcohol was there what makes you think somerset will be any different alcohol contrary to what some believe is not out savior they just tell the riches of it to get more yes votes to put it in somerset around people who don't want it instead of going where it already was and stayin there with it you had your place to go where it already was you and others like you are making it so there will sone be no place for thoser of us who do not want it to be do we not have a right to do without it to have a place where it is not
Westwood

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Jun 26, 2012
rob wrote:
i live where i could not vote but if i ever shop in somerset i have to put up with the alcohol there this is very unfair to me because it is very out of my way to go anywhere else to shop as far as the riches people are looking for from the alcohol how rich has it made burnside look at the facts search it out they are no better off than they were before alcohol was there what makes you think somerset will be any different alcohol contrary to what some believe is not out savior they just tell the riches of it to get more yes votes to put it in somerset around people who don't want it instead of going where it already was and stayin there with it you had your place to go where it already was you and others like you are making it so there will sone be no place for thoser of us who do not want it to be do we not have a right to do without it to have a place where it is not
Wow, one sentence. How did you do that?
yes to progress

Somerset, KY

#19 Jun 27, 2012
rob wrote:
Burnside didn't do well because its only moist. Most of the people going to Burnside for alcohol are from Somerset. I dont get ehy people are afraid of change. Also seems like more people in somerset obviously want it wet otherwise it would not have passed and why should all the people that voted yes wich is more than the ones that voted no move this is our home just as much as it is yours....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#20 Jun 27, 2012
Weather forecast is HOT , with a chance of snow in December - Couple that with a few windy days in March and we've got something new to talk about -
dry forces

Manchester, KY

#21 Jun 27, 2012
we're just getting started
Mike

Miamisburg, OH

#22 Jun 28, 2012
I just bought ahouse in Burnside. I'm thrilled this passed. It's a lot better than stopping in richmond on my way down. I drink, my friends drink. Prohibition did not work, it just created al capone and organized crime. People are going to drink, so the revenue, the tax dollars, the jobs and the progress will help improve somerset and pulaski county in general. The people have spoken. Long live the people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 29 min Trouser Cough 31,903
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 148,847
the music thread (Jan '12) 1 hr Musikologist 549
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 12,545
Liberals 2 hr username 2
Hospital 2 hr username 6
Roofing Companies in Somerset (Mar '10) 2 hr username 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnside Mortgages