First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yeah

Butler, KY

#1 Dec 29, 2012
Awesome. If you like Italian food, make the trip.
Richard the owner is a good example of how to run a restaurant and how to treat customers.

Chicken Parmesan with pasta, sause and bread.

Mama's Pasta dish

12" Sicillian Pizza

3 drinks with refills

White chocolate rasberry torte cake
$35.00

Good food, good deal, good people.
Will return... soon.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Agree totally about the food . Excellent food . I've never had anything bad there and I've eaten there several times.
last chance

Somerset, KY

#3 Dec 30, 2012
Never heard of it, where is it located?
Yeah

United States

#4 Dec 30, 2012
last chance wrote:
Never heard of it, where is it located?
Go to the original KFC and turn left on 830. Basil's is a block or so down on the right. It's a house converted into a restaurant.
Tell Richard the violinist from Somerset sent you.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the original KFC and turn left on 830. Basil's is a block or so down on the right. It's a house converted into a restaurant.
Tell Richard the violinist from Somerset sent you.
I'm glad you posted .. I couldn't think of the road number . I hated to say the road beside Community Trust Bank. lol
crysnoky

London, KY

#6 Dec 31, 2012
Ate there today for the first time after reading the reviews on here. If you like fresh, homemade, real Italian food you need to check this place out. Had the sicillian pizza and cannoli. Chef Richard made us feel like family.
OMG

Manchester, KY

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Richard is absolutely awesome. He welcomes and talks to all his customers. Food is terrific.
last chance

London, KY

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Went there 2 weeks ago, it was 12.30 and they were suppose to open at 11.00 and they were closed. If your hours are posted then you should be open, sorry wont go back.
Old Timer

Beattyville, KY

#9 Feb 26, 2013
Do they allow smoking?

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#10 Feb 26, 2013
last chance wrote:
Went there 2 weeks ago, it was 12.30 and they were suppose to open at 11.00 and they were closed. If your hours are posted then you should be open, sorry wont go back.
I bet people like you have a big list of every place they won't eat in surrounding towns. Must be hard to pick a place after you've blacklisted so many!

Somehow I guess you still eat at McDonalds even after they've served you slop over the past few decades, though.
Google

Hazard, KY

#11 Feb 26, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet people like you have a big list of every place they won't eat in surrounding towns. Must be hard to pick a place after you've blacklisted so many!
Somehow I guess you still eat at McDonalds even after they've served you slop over the past few decades, though.
I've kind of blacklisted all the restaurants that doesn't serve alcohol on Sundays even tho they can. The way I see it is the religious zealots in this town never gave us drinkers a day why should they get one?
gomer-ez

Nancy, KY

#12 Feb 26, 2013
last chance wrote:
When we go to a resturant out of town.we call before makng a trip.
we ate there and enjoyed the meal.
Just my thoughts.

Shakedown Street

#13 Feb 26, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>
When we go to a resturant out of town.we call before makng a trip.
we ate there and enjoyed the meal.
Just my thoughts.
Especially when going before noon. A lot of places don't open till dinner, 4PM.

I'm guessing the poster above was telling a big fib about his supposed trip to Corbin. Simply someone wanting to down a place.

Shakedown Street

#14 Feb 26, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
I've kind of blacklisted all the restaurants that doesn't serve alcohol on Sundays even tho they can. The way I see it is the religious zealots in this town never gave us drinkers a day why should they get one?
I kind of feel the same way. Glad Burnside can sell on Sundays now.

Shakedown Street

#15 Feb 26, 2013
nuts spam lightbulbs, in under 10 minutes!

Glad some hang on my every word.

=D
gomer-ez

London, KY

#16 Feb 26, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
nuts spam lightbulbs, in under 10 minutes!
Glad some hang on my every word.
=D
When I get those,I fell loved by the topix nation.lol
Google

Hazard, KY

#18 Feb 26, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny, you can tell it is the same person doing it. Each post will rack up 2 a day, one from them logged in and the other logged out. The cookies reset daily and they can vote again on the same post once 24 hours have passed.
After the third day the posts will have 6-7 of the exact same negative icons attached.
My post is up to three of each already. I think there's more than one.

I was surprised that Sonny's doesn't serve on Sundays. I figured a chain wouldn't be allowed that option but I guess I was wrong. You don't go to a place like Sonny's to get drunk, you have a few drinks with your food. Not to sell just because the religious love to feed there on the Sabbath is not a good reason.

Shakedown Street

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
I was surprised that Sonny's doesn't serve on Sundays. I figured a chain wouldn't be allowed that option but I guess I was wrong. You don't go to a place like Sonny's to get drunk, you have a few drinks with your food. Not to sell just because the religious love to feed there on the Sabbath is not a good reason.
Same with Casa Grande. A Mexican restaurant and no margaritas or Dos Equis? I'll stick with El Taxco!

I was pleasantly surprised with Tumbleweeds over the weekend. First time I've been there in years. Check it out, they have a nice bar area, their drink prices are great if you happen to catch them during Happy Hour, which includes Friday. Plus they sell on Sunday.
Old Timer

Beattyville, KY

#20 Feb 26, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had beer on Sunday at Sonny's. Did they start and then stop? Casa Grande won't serve beer on Sunday.
Google

Hazard, KY

#21 Feb 26, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>I've had beer on Sunday at Sonny's. Did they start and then stop? Casa Grande won't serve beer on Sunday.
You sure, when I was there they didn't. I would like to add them back to a place I'll eat at. They have the best bar b q since Momma's Porch shut down. Hated to see that place go but they were never busy when I went there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 132,156
KY Senator Vows to End Somerset Gas Sales 20 min DagasssMan 49
Whats Causes Gout? (Nov '08) 43 min mr m 38
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr covcas 22,786
Phone Scammers 4 hr Haze Man 4
MBI truck drivers (Aug '08) 11 hr disgruntled mbi d... 54
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Dec 6 Abe 694
Burnside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burnside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burnside News, Events & Info