Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

SLM wrote:
Why is it people think they are owed anything. I can not believe that a restaurant is able to accept an EBT card. The system is being taken advantage of and there is no end in sight.
...wow you should not judge someone people work so many hours for the food Stamps they should be able to buy and eat wherever and where ever they want we don't get it for free we work for it!
Nicole

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Knowitall9 wrote:
Quit having kids , food bill shrinks , problem solved -
It's jerks like you who need to hit rock bottom.to even understand how hars it can be for some people. Oh and FYI, yoi don't even have to have kids to be on food stamps. Just ignorant!
Single Mama

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I had received Food Stamps after I had my second baby, as a single mother. I worked my butt off to pay our bills and needed help so my kids could eat. I am lucky that I have a good job now but I certainly paid in to recieve the benefits!!! It's very helpful but so many abuse them!
CTT

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Single Mama wrote:
I had received Food Stamps after I had my second baby, as a single mother. I worked my butt off to pay our bills and needed help so my kids could eat. I am lucky that I have a good job now but I certainly paid in to recieve the benefits!!! It's very helpful but so many abuse them!
Agreed! You used the benefits as intended and are to be commended, not just because you didn't abuse the system but also are honest enough to speak truth.

“I been hangin' on every word.”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Single Mama wrote:
You are the exact type of individual that the system was designed for: a good person working hard to support yourself. You have every right to be angry about the abusers, because they make it harder for you and others who really need assistance to get it.

They are the reason your reviewer at the welfare office looks at you skeptically. They are the reason they probably audit you on occasion, stalk your facebook, and take other steps to try and catch you in a lie you've never told. The abusers make it harder for you to put food on your family's table, and I commend you for speaking out against them.
Chris

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Man. This is an eye opener. I served three years in the US Army as a 13B1OYY Cannon Crew member and spent some of it as COM in Baghdad, Iraq. America, land of the free, what I thought I was defending is nothing more than land of the nosey. I ran across this by accident looking for a forum that could answer some questions I had. Google brought this up. Anyway. Ill tell you all something. I have been struggling to pay for my college degree since the G I Bill is now garbage, but there have been times in the past two years that my wife, daughter and I have been completely broke with no income other than my military disability. You people are way too nosey. God is the judge, not you. I think if they are abusing the system and you're worried about that. You all should take a look at the real system called the US Government. Your congressman gets paid off your taxes and then embezzles some more. Not to mention the fact that in the bills they throw in something here and there that says Joe sniffy gets twenty thousand from the budget as an added bonus. As well as the BS lobbyists that pay them to support their cause so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Wow Americans really are stupid now a days. Worried about someone else's food stamps and oblivious to their corrupt government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Chris wrote:
Man. This is an eye opener. I served three years in the US Army as a 13B1OYY Cannon Crew member and spent some of it as COM in Baghdad, Iraq. America, land of the free, what I thought I was defending is nothing more than land of the nosey. I ran across this by accident looking for a forum that could answer some questions I had. Google brought this up. Anyway. Ill tell you all something. I have been struggling to pay for my college degree since the G I Bill is now garbage, but there have been times in the past two years that my wife, daughter and I have been completely broke with no income other than my military disability. You people are way too nosey. God is the judge, not you. I think if they are abusing the system and you're worried about that. You all should take a look at the real system called the US Government. Your congressman gets paid off your taxes and then embezzles some more. Not to mention the fact that in the bills they throw in something here and there that says Joe sniffy gets twenty thousand from the budget as an added bonus. As well as the BS lobbyists that pay them to support their cause so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Wow Americans really are stupid now a days. Worried about someone else's food stamps and oblivious to their corrupt government.
Your argument shows a lack of comprehension and an attempt to divert from the actual subject. If I said, "I'm hungry," would you also reply, "You have NO RIGHT to be hungry! There are hungrier people than you in third world countries!" Or if someone came into the emergency room because of a broken ankle, would you yell "TOO BAD! Other people have broken legs!"

Just because people take some time to observe one problem with our society doesn't mean that they don't observe other issues as well. If we turn a blind eye to all but the most crucial of issues, we allow those issues to become the most crucial of all in the end. I'd much rather we do every little bit we can to fight corruption and abuse of the system.

You used that word again: "judge." Sorry, but you show you simply haven't read the thread, because your statement was almost identical to the 1/3 or so in this thread who also used that word. Well I'm not going to judge, but I am going to make an assumption:

If you stated you are against those who prosecute bank robbers, it would be safe to assume you either rob banks or sympathize with those who do.

So instead you are stating that you are against those who want to stop abuse of the system. As such, it is safe to assume that you either abuse the system, or sympathize with those who do.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You fought to defend your country, only to come home and attack those who try to stop it from being dismantled from within.
Michelle

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Honestly, I am disabled and if not for my family being able to help cook for me - I would rely on a restaurant to prepare me meals. Have you ever been around anyone ever with a disability? Cooking meals is next to an impossibility on most days. So please try to show some compassion for those that rely on that "screwed up system" as you call it so that we can live too. The world has enough hate. A little more love would go a long way. But that would require something many in this world doesn't acquire anymore which involves compassion and the kindness to try to understand those that were not as fortunate to be able to cook 7 course square meals as many take for granted. I am blessed with a loving family. Many aren't. Thanks for being so rude and transparent to showing hundreds the hardened hearts of our healthy citizens that are obviously spoiled with their good health to the point of not taking five seconds to think of those that do not have that luxury. And by all means, please enjoy your McDonalds with the cash you have in your wallet so that you will be joining us one day with that same hardened heart gaining hardened arteries.
No EBT wrote:
How is this possible I was at a local Chineese Restaurant and the guy that had a table of 6 paid with a EBT card. The worst thing is the little girl that waited on his whole family received no tip. I walked out right behind them and they had a good laugh about it. How is this legal. Is the system that screwed up.
Pam

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

BeHereNow wrote:
I understand the abuse exceeds the need.
Sorry you got some curve balls, so did I, but I bailed myself out.
I've got several families living off college money (grants) and social services, no employment.
Some have been doing it over 5 years.
24 years old and 3 kids.
Somehow It seems to me you jumped in front of those curve balls, several times.
A little more personal responsible wouldn't hurt.
I don't know how school grants where you live but my son got a PELL grant and it was paid directly to the school.....No way that can be used or abused for anything else....
Pam

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

I don't know how school grants where you live but my son got a PELL grant and it was paid directly to the school.....No way that can be used or abused for anything else.
Kentucky idiots

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

why all the fuss? i love how the ones who are talking shit are so quick to cap on others for getting government assistance. unless you've actually been in the situation where your looking for work and your hungry now. wat are you gonna do wait until you get a job to eat? how dare you say "we take advantage of the government when our own government is full of such shit. we came to the USA because we were a bunch of rebellious fucks who didn't want to pay taxes, now look at us paying taxes up the ass making the rich richer everyday. god forbide if someone gets a meere 200-400 dollars a month of there own tax money. if you want to have nice things like people on welfare then get a fucking ebt card. typical Americans want what they dont have, judge a whole group of people based on stereotypes alone. also go ahead and reply to this all you want ill prolly never read it again :J
Kentucky idiots

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

i didn't know the Westboro Baptist Church was on here :J
E Toohey wrote:
<quoted text>
ahahaha, if that's not a sure sign of what's wrong with our country's attitude towards healthy eating, I don't know what is. Look at the ingredients section on a frozen pizza. Look at the amounts of sodium and then look at all the un-pronouncable additives. If you are getting a hand-made pizza in Italy, sure it may almost be considered 'healthy'. The crap in your freezer is not.
<quoted text>
Maybe she should have stopped popping out kids when she figured out she couldn't support them on her own? Maybe 4 kids on welfare and foodstamps is about 3 kids to many for her to take care of? Oh, but you get more money the more kids you have, so there could be a problem with that train of thought...
<quoted text>
Maybe they should be paying out of pocket for their own necessities such as food, shelter and clothing, instead of paying for their little brats to feel special about themselves by paying to play soccer or baseball or whatever godforsaken sport their parent is making them play. I can't believe anyone thinks that's acceptable.
<quoted text>
Then maybe their asses should be at work earning money instead of having a big ol' family get-together, where they are trying to hook up and find another sisterwife or figure out just how far down the 'cousin' chain they have to go to still be socially acceptable.
California Morons

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Kentucky idiots wrote:
why all the fuss? also go ahead and reply to this all you want ill prolly never read it again :J
No problem, mostly vapid nonsense anyhow. See ya!
Snap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

SNAP cards?
t_simmons

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

SLM wrote:
Why is it people think they are owed anything. I can not believe that a restaurant is able to accept an EBT card. The system is being taken advantage of and there is no end in sight.
first off I would like to say I am a food stamp receiver and sometimes you don't always feel like cooking. in my case I work part time and go to school full time, so sometimes its more convenient for me to stop and get something to eat just like you would with cash. I guess because I receive food stamps it doesn't make since. comments like yours really upset me
t_simmons

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

wow that is a very ignorant and stupid comment. I have worked my whole life since I was 15years old and was married. My husband was in the military and committed suicide when he could no longer deal with the dreams and memories of what he did on tour. After that I had to start over with my two boys and for a little while I had to receive food stamps. I say this to say don't judge people just because they receive food stamps because the way I see it those are my hard earned tax dollars coming back to me. and im sure there are others out there who have needed help at one time or another
Robin Akers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

I am 56 yrs old and moved to a different state to be near my grandchildren I do however have a job it just doesn't start for a few weeks. For the first time in my life I've had to seek assistance with food and other items. This has been a lifesaver for me. I don't however like not when people take advantage of this help. But I don't appreciate it when people think that everyone who needs occasional help is a deadbeat check your facts first
djallen

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

nacg wrote:
More job`s Not more handout`s..
I'm not expecting a handout. I hurt my back really bad and am now unable to find work that i can do. I did apply and was given food stamps. I have worked for the pat 25 years and now i'm hurt and can't work. I don't feel bad for using it. I don't feel its owed to me. I continue to look for work everyday. But right now I've hit a rough patch and need the help. Sometime people need to think before they open their big mouth. I my self would give anything to be able to work 40 hours a week. I'm going to loose my car Yet I keep trying. My back is really hurt i bulging disc another herniated It will be July 24 before I can get any help for it. So please understand no everyone tries to milk the system. Some people do I know this I have seen it myself. But for a few of us we just need a hand not a handout.
djallen

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
It's jerks like you who need to hit rock bottom.to even understand how hars it can be for some people. Oh and FYI, yoi don't even have to have kids to be on food stamps. Just ignorant!
Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Robin Akers wrote:
I am 56 yrs old and moved to a different state to be near my grandchildren I do however have a job it just doesn't start for a few weeks. For the first time in my life I've had to seek assistance with food and other items. This has been a lifesaver for me. I don't however like not when people take advantage of this help. But I don't appreciate it when people think that everyone who needs occasional help is a deadbeat check your facts first
We don't. You don't read. Try again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min ret 1,031
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Truther 150,993
Cheddars 11 min Hopper 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Curious 130,445
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 52 min gladthelakeisback 20,623
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr U go girl 16,143
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Huh 26,225
•••
•••
•••

Burnside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Burnside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••