anyone know

Lexington, KY

#1 Aug 28, 2008
anyone know what kind of neighborhood Garland Bend is? what kind of people live there,, may get a house there so was wondering
curious

London, KY

#2 Aug 29, 2008
I was looking at a house there too - it seemed like a vacation-y area. I thought that would be neat to only have neighbors 1/2 the year. The Realtor I talked to said the house we were looking at had been broken into (copper was stolen - other property left) but it was also very secluded & empty. I don't think there would have been a problem had someone been living there year round.
anyone know

Lexington, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2008
I thought it looked like a resort type place but also seems to be a lot of year round people too. maybe worth looking into
i love ink

AOL

#4 Aug 31, 2008
anywhere around here is a great place to live... as long as you WANT to get along with your neighbors welcome
capsen

Corbin, KY

#5 Sep 16, 2008
they have alot of breakins ask the sheriffs dept
i lived there

London, KY

#6 Sep 21, 2008
i suggest you get a really good security system. people out there will rob you blind. it is bigtime redneck country, bootleggers, drug dealers, and just trash. i know thats why i got the hell out of there!

Since: Sep 08

Whitley City, KY

#7 Sep 21, 2008
yeah dude look a little more you can do a lot better than garland bend..........
big a

Corbin, KY

#8 Sep 22, 2008
one of the roughest places to live the reasons drugs, druggies ,drug dealers, bootleggers and home breakins,among a few reasons.
crazybeautiful

London, KY

#9 Oct 5, 2008
i no the house ur talkin bout i go up there and sit all the time... i had the relatior take me in to c the inside i love the french doors and i love the hugh bedroom
burnside local

Somerset, KY

#10 Oct 7, 2008
its a good place to live and have a family in!
Bonnie_n_Clyde

Somerset, KY

#11 Oct 7, 2008
Garland Bend is a wonderful place to live. You are 5 min from burnside -and a 24-hr grocery store- 10 min from the mall. There r bootleggers but that just saves u a trip to richmond on the weekend. :) there r just areas where there bad ass houses and people with money and there are areas full of trailers and poverty. But all of our ex-neighbors i would still consider friends. You will love your neighbors and You will love living in [the right area of]Garland Bend.
miss usa

Corbin, KY

#12 Oct 8, 2008
yea try driving up and down that big hill going into garland on a day when the road is icy or snow.it's nerve wracking.
ha ha

Portage, IN

#13 Dec 1, 2008
live there love it, I love that i live by he water had no problem living there! its been a wonderful place..I live there part time, I have had no problem! I wouldn't live anywhere else, I love to walk out see the deer in my yard and owls etc! I have no regret living there at all!
Garland Bend

Dayton, OH

#14 Dec 1, 2008
anyone know wrote:
anyone know what kind of neighborhood Garland Bend is? what kind of people live there,, may get a house there so was wondering
My family has had a mobile home there for years. Never any trouble ? The rift raft comes from other areas. No matter where you buy. you might have some trouble. Actually I have a place on Colonel Dr. No trouble at all ? And its for sale with Caldwell Banker at a good price.

Since: Sep 08

Manchester, KY

#15 Dec 2, 2008
big a wrote:
one of the roughest places to live the reasons drugs, druggies ,drug dealers, bootleggers and home breakins,among a few reasons.
Amen to that got shot gun no way i would miss :0)
Garland Bend

Dayton, OH

#16 Dec 2, 2008
Garland Bend is no different than any other area near Burnside
horse

Corbin, KY

#17 Dec 6, 2008
I live in Garland Bend its not to bad u have trash over by highway 27 but if u get farther into it it aint bad.
Cincinnatian in the bend

Atlanta, GA

#18 Aug 31, 2009
anyone know wrote:
Have a place there for 5 years no problems. Full time neighbors watch over for us. If you do buy in the area there is The Garland Bend Homeowners Assn. Great bunch lots of full time locals belong. Properties are watched for problems. Come visit the area it's really nice!
new commer

Mason, OH

#21 Jan 24, 2010
I love it there homeownes assocation is great if you should belong to it( an there is over 90 family members) lot to do in summer. I live there full time. winter they do have bond fires an partys. There NEW YEARS eve party is great. We have the same prombles any other nieghborhood has, we just try an look out for one another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff looking for drug offenders (Apr '09) 4 hr spirit walker 234
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr CriminalForever 152,034
Missy Poo 5 hr Jackie 1
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 6 hr Ricky F 32,762
Don Marshall (Jul '08) 6 hr guest 18
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital given a 1 sta... 6 hr guest 13
Hot girls at Kroger Marketplace 7 hr Haha 2

Burnside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnside Mortgages