First Prev
of 4
Next Last
John Lee Pettimore

Monticello, IL

#70 Jan 23, 2013
If cannabis becomes legal, cultivation of any amount will be the same as distilled spirits; tax evasion. Distilling your own liquor is far worse in the eyes of the law than growing 4 plants, which is an un-jailable misdemeanor, usually a $100 fine. Legalized and taxed cannabis will result in much stiffer penalties for the non-dealer, home-grower who wants to be independent and grow a couple of plants for personal use. They want their tax money.

Trust me. You do not want cannabis legalized and taxed, as so many legalization activists propose. Look up the penalties for making your own bourbon and see if you want that for your backyard salad.
gramps

Lancing, TN

#71 Jan 23, 2013
If I'm not mistaken, you can buy homebrew (beer) and home wine making kits for your own use. Actually it doesn't matter to me because I have grown my own herbs for 44 years now. Only had a problem with a helicopter once but they didn't get anything, they waited too long to come for it,lol.
John Lee Pettimore

Monticello, IL

#72 Jan 23, 2013
You can make all the homebrew you like. Distilled spirits are a federal matter and are prohibited. No moonshine; whether it be vodka, bourbon, rye, corn, or whatever. They let us make beer and wine, but not the good stuff.

Cannabis will be the same way if legalized and taxed. They'll want their taxes on your backyard 4 months. Might as well tax my tomatoes too.
Old Timer

Beattyville, KY

#73 Jan 23, 2013
John Lee Pettimore wrote:
If cannabis becomes legal, cultivation of any amount will be the same as distilled spirits; tax evasion. Distilling your own liquor is far worse in the eyes of the law than growing 4 plants, which is an un-jailable misdemeanor, usually a $100 fine. Legalized and taxed cannabis will result in much stiffer penalties for the non-dealer, home-grower who wants to be independent and grow a couple of plants for personal use. They want their tax money.
Trust me. You do not want cannabis legalized and taxed, as so many legalization activists propose. Look up the penalties for making your own bourbon and see if you want that for your backyard salad.
are you retarded or just misinformed? Distilled spirits are a different set of laws than homebrew and for good reason. It has to do with the safety of the product.You are equating Heroin with homebrewed beer. That is simply stupid, beyond stupid, retarded. Pot and beer are roughly equal. Whiskey is not beer. Heroin is not pot. Grow a brain.
Old Timer

Beattyville, KY

#74 Jan 23, 2013
John Lee Pettimore wrote:
You can make all the homebrew you like. Distilled spirits are a federal matter and are prohibited. No moonshine; whether it be vodka, bourbon, rye, corn, or whatever. They let us make beer and wine, but not the good stuff.
Cannabis will be the same way if legalized and taxed. They'll want their taxes on your backyard 4 months. Might as well tax my tomatoes too.
No retard, there are limits for all of it and they are reasonable limits. 300 Gallons of beer per year per married couple. 125 gallons of distlilled spirits, but NO SALES. GROW A BRAIN AND READ THE REGS
John Lee Pettimore

Monticello, IL

#75 Jan 24, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
are you retarded or just misinformed? Distilled spirits are a different set of laws than homebrew and for good reason. It has to do with the safety of the product.You are equating Heroin with homebrewed beer. That is simply stupid, beyond stupid, retarded. Pot and beer are roughly equal. Whiskey is not beer. Heroin is not pot. Grow a brain.
Did anyone say anything about heroin? Wow!

And you are misinformed about the law on distilled spirits. You are not allowed to make or possess any amount of moonshine. I wanted to order one of those stills online for $500, but decided against it because its a felony to make any amount of moonshine, personal or not. You can get a permit to make "ethanol", but that invites the feds into your home to inspect things regularly.
gomer-ez

Somerset, KY

#76 Jan 24, 2013
John Lee Pettimore wrote:
If cannabis becomes legal, cultivation of any amount will be the same as distilled spirits; tax evasion. Distilling your own liquor is far worse in the eyes of the law than growing 4 plants, which is an un-jailable misdemeanor, usually a $100 fine. Legalized and taxed cannabis will result in much stiffer penalties for the non-dealer, home-grower who wants to be independent and grow a couple of plants for personal use. They want their tax money.
Trust me. You do not want cannabis legalized and taxed, as so many legalization activists propose. Look up the penalties for making your own bourbon and see if you want that for your backyard salad.
Being an old retard,with no brain.You just may be right.I never thought of it in that way.
gomer-ez

Somerset, KY

#77 Jan 24, 2013
Me being an old retard,with no brain.
A little play on words
JLP

Monticello, IL

#78 Jan 24, 2013
What? You're playing with heroin? You can make all the heroin you want at home and the feds wont care... I think you are allowed 10kees of heroin as long as its personal. lol........
Old Timer

Beattyville, KY

#79 Jan 24, 2013
JLP wrote:
What? You're playing with heroin? You can make all the heroin you want at home and the feds wont care... I think you are allowed 10kees of heroin as long as its personal. lol........
That explains it. You're retarded.
JLP

Bonnyman, KY

#80 Jan 25, 2013
mmm the big H

the horse

what?

what....

what?/??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: James's Towing & Recovery Service 54 min gladthelakeisback 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr gladthelakeisback 25,018
easter egg hunts 2 hr Zam 1
Annex Pulaski Park 2 hr teetotaling when 15
new judge steve kelly 2 hr Babygotback 93
PCLC-tv Somerset's local news station?! 2 hr Babygotback 4
wondering indictments 3 hr lol 2
Burnside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burnside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]