“Irish Eyes, T'salagi Temper”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#254 Aug 2, 2010
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>Three houses very close to me may have been involved in the war bacck in the 1800's - Something about Point Isabell - Don't know anything about them personally or who owns them but logs are visible on one -
There is one house in Bronston, on a hill very close to the old post office. Rumor has it that General Burnside made it his head quarters.
Anonymous

Lakeland, FL

#255 Aug 2, 2010
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>My aunt , along with two partners (she later bought them out), used to own the entire Waitsboro site - There was an old original log structure on the property , later covered with siding - When she found that the original logs were still intact , she wanted to restore it - One of her partners paid his (not too swift) handyman to accidentally set it on fire - History lost -
Your Aunt, who used to own all of Waitsboro, was her and her husband's last name "Hale" ??? Or one of the partners a Hale?

Location hidden

#256 Aug 2, 2010
MFTW, here are some links that I found pretty interesting.

http://silverreflection.tripod.com/reflection...

http://www.constitution.org/primarysources/pr...

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/rothko/420/a...

The last one is a distant family member's historical narrative, a tale of the great Tsalagi people that has been passed down for generations.

Since: Jul 10

Somerset, KY

#257 Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
MFTW, here are some links that I found pretty interesting.
http://silverreflection.tripod.com/reflection...
http://www.constitution.org/primarysources/pr...
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/rothko/420/a...
The last one is a distant family member's historical narrative, a tale of the great Tsalagi people that has been passed down for generations.
my gratitude to you PR .. i have been educated.

Location hidden

#258 Aug 2, 2010
manfromthewest wrote:
<quoted text>
my gratitude to you PR .. i have been educated.
I'm still learning.:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259 Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
<quoted text>There is one house in Bronston, on a hill very close to the old post office. Rumor has it that General Burnside made it his head quarters.
That's one of them -

Location hidden

#260 Aug 2, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Aunt, who used to own all of Waitsboro, was her and her husband's last name "Hale" ??? Or one of the partners a Hale?
She was an Abbott- There may have been a Hale connected , but not sure -
ky trucker

Cincinnati, OH

#261 Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
I seek all information I can about my heritage. From reading books to walking the land, I continue to research and get in touch with who I am.
The spirits guide me. When Waitsboro subdivision was being built, something "pulled" me to a rocky ledge that looked over the Cumberland toward Monticello.
I never knew why that spot held so much captivation for me(other than the sheer beauty of it) until recently. The Great Spirit has put me in contact with someone who filled me in on the Battle of the Cumberland during the French/Indian Wars and of She Who Carries The Sun.
It was on that rocky ledge where She Who Carries the Sun drew her last breath.
She Who Carries the Sun was Doublehead's grandmother.
Chief Doublehead and Princess Cornsilk will help to guide you (much information).

Location hidden

#262 Aug 2, 2010
Doublehead and Cornblossom are of my bloodline.
LittleIndian

Lakeland, FL

#264 Aug 3, 2010
I mean no disrespect to anyone on here, as I am Cherokee also, but shouldn't one's lineage/ancestry be taken to another forum? This particular forum was started to warn others about this Yona, of Burnside, and of his deceiving, evil ways; to let others in that area know of him and to stay away from him. I, too, have a relative who he used up and spit out... Wado

Location hidden

#265 Aug 3, 2010
LittleIndian wrote:
I mean no disrespect to anyone on here, as I am Cherokee also, but shouldn't one's lineage/ancestry be taken to another forum? This particular forum was started to warn others about this Yona, of Burnside, and of his deceiving, evil ways; to let others in that area know of him and to stay away from him. I, too, have a relative who he used up and spit out... Wado
I agree - Let this thread return to the original purpose - My appologies for my offtopic intrusion - This needs to continue as a format to warn other potential victims -

Location hidden

#266 Aug 3, 2010
I have started a thread where we can continue to discuss our heritage.
wanda

Townville, PA

#268 Jan 27, 2011
I am looking for information about my greaqt-grandmother,Jane Roundtree,born in Kentucky but moved to Misssouri at an early age. She married Jacob Lindley.
Misty

Lansing, IL

#269 Sep 21, 2012
Hi, I don't know who you are but was wondering if you could help me. I've found out that my GGGGGGrandmother was Kissiah Doublehead, I would love to know how we are related! Her son, Jefferson (Thomas) Dishman would be my GGGGGrandfather. My e-mail is prncssmistyh@yahoo.com, if you get this reply and would like to help me.
Wolf Clan wrote:
Because I am not a full Blooded Cherokee. I wasn't raised in the old ways. I did take walks in the woods with my grand father whom taught me so much of the truth. This was done by word of mouth. He showed me places and told me about several Historical events. After studying the hard facts for a few years. I started seeing stuff my grand father told me of. So, I do know that the Cherokee's that were taken for slaves and sold to France were treated badly. The women were left behind. Most were forced to learn the english language. This was My GGGGGrand Mother. Kissiah Doublehead. The Chief's Daughter.

Location hidden

#270 Sep 22, 2012
Misty wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, I don't know who you are but was wondering if you could help me. I've found out that my GGGGGGrandmother was Kissiah Doublehead, I would love to know how we are related! Her son, Jefferson (Thomas) Dishman would be my GGGGGrandfather. My e-mail is prncssmistyh@yahoo.com, if you get this reply and would like to help me.
Misty, I am related to you as well through Doublehead and one of his many wives Creat Priber.
be careful

Corbin, KY

#271 Sep 22, 2012
to the girl who ask info u better be real careful about who u tell ur private things to on here cause if they trick u to thinking theys a friend u can trust than ur in for big trouble.
theres hardly any of us with olden days kin here who aint related to the cherokee sumplace down the way but when u got one who thinks theys the keeper of the tom toms then u need to be warned about that to hunny.
be careful what u tell and who u tell it to and plz take it from one of the many many ppl who knows the real trueth but found it out to late.

Location hidden

#272 Sep 22, 2012
be careful wrote:
to the girl who ask info u better be real careful about who u tell ur private things to on here cause if they trick u to thinking theys a friend u can trust than ur in for big trouble.
theres hardly any of us with olden days kin here who aint related to the cherokee sumplace down the way but when u got one who thinks theys the keeper of the tom toms then u need to be warned about that to hunny.
be careful what u tell and who u tell it to and plz take it from one of the many many ppl who knows the real trueth but found it out to late.
There are some like that but my lineage is documented thru DNA.

Location hidden

#273 Sep 23, 2012
My lineage is documented thru the DEA & the FBI -
(jokin', of course)-

Location hidden

#274 Sep 23, 2012
Knowitall9 wrote:
My lineage is documented thru the DEA & the FBI -
(jokin', of course)-
LOL! Your family tree is full of nuts. ;-)

Location hidden

#275 Sep 23, 2012
Phoenix Rising_76 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Your family tree is full of nuts. ;-)
I thank you , sadly , DNA is not in our vocabulary - We all cousins - Kinda like a 5th cousin of mine , that had 12 boys , all named Frank -(every one of them named Frank)- I asked her if she wanted a particular kid to come , how did he know which one she was hollerin' at - She said when she wanted a certain boy to come , she called out his last name ,'cause they all had different daddys -(seriously)-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 7 min Anonymous 497
slmc 14 min ibo3 8
kingsford hiring 21 min Mitch 2
Steak and shake workers 31 min and 3
Todd Wood - Why the Hate? (Jan '14) 39 min bob 117
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 46 min Hatti_Hollerand 21,501
Employees quitting their job 1 hr Beer drinker dad 16
Burnside Dating
Find my Match

Burnside Jobs

Burnside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burnside News, Events & Info