Yea there is only 4of them sad
cheerleader

Fairfax, OK

#3 Aug 15, 2012
There are 8
Steph

Clinton, OK

#4 Aug 20, 2012
It's sad. ALOT tried out, most couldn't afford to go to the camp. A couple got sick. The rest have to walk a fine line to be on the team. You can't be ONE minute late to practice. Not stretching the truth at all...ONE minute late. Not only that, but they make the girls sit out there and wash cars in ELK CITY to raise money. Seriously? When did they become sweat shop labor for Elk City? They get NOTHING in return for doing it. NOTHING. The 1,000 dollars they raised last time.... where is it? Where did it go?

Perhaps something to the parents explaining why the kids had to be in this heat washing cars for money that has yet to be seen or used.
true

Elk City, OK

#5 Oct 2, 2012
there uniforms look like crap too and they have had those at least for 5 years now they look old !
Confused

Mountain View, OK

#6 Oct 4, 2012
They need to fire the new coach! She has diffrent but worse problems then the old one! I hate how she is two faced. PARENTS I promise she talks bad about ur girls 2 the other girls. Girls if she talks bad about someone to u guess what she says about u behind ur back.
concerned

Dill City, OK

#7 Oct 14, 2012
She used the money for new pom poms sweats bags run threw sign and to pay back what Mrs pumpkin took out of their account and a lot of the girls say that they have fun washing the cars so i think I'd its something they want to do let them its their choice
mercedes

Clinton, OK

#8 Oct 16, 2012
Washing cars is the girls idea well it was when I cheered. The pond and bags were paid for with the money. The uniforms are older except one which is only 4 years old ad nd still look brand new.
Somebodys Mom

Foss, OK

#10 Oct 29, 2012
Many years ago when I was a cheerleader, the money from fundraisers was used to pay the cheerleaders (all of them) way to camp and to cover the cost of uniforms and pom poms.
Yes, we held car washes, sold ice cream and hot dogs as fundraisers. We didn't have near as many resources available to us, as they do today.
We too had certain guidelines and expectations to follow, but no one complained because it was considered a priviledge to be on the squad.
One last thing, back then, the entire high school student body voted on the cheer squad. Talk about pressure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burns Flat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joe anders 52 min Pudlicker 2
Leave it alone Trysta 1 hr Yea 2
buy, sale, trade (Jan '11) 1 hr Becky Rodriguez 51
checkpoints? 3 hr Clyde 2
nathan short 11 hr MEL 8
Hitting on my daughter 11 hr Bad mom 3
how has the best booty? 13 hr Localguy1 4
More from around the web

Burns Flat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE