Captain Logan Hotel and the Logan the...

Captain Logan Hotel and the Logan theatre

Posted in the Burnettsville Forum

JEFFF

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2010
i have the telephone switchboard from the captain logan hotell. pretty cool.
playpen

Logansport, IN

#2 Jul 28, 2010
JEFFF wrote:
It might be even cooler if you had the switchboard from the "Barnes" Hotel, because that is what it was called before the Capt Logan, and the Logan Theater was down below it.
J Woodbury

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Jul 24, 2012
I actually stayed at the captain Logan hotel. About 1960. My room was behind the sign.
MJE

Greencastle, IN

#4 Nov 23, 2012
My grandmother was the Dining Room Hostess at the Captain Logan in the early 60's. Wonderful memories of visiting her there.
Jenn

Greenfield, IN

#5 May 15, 2013
My Great-Grandfather was the manager in the 1960's... My mother remembers going up to visit him often. She says that is where you learned how to set a table. :)
American and Proud

Atlantic City, NJ

#6 Jun 14, 2013
I worked as a bus boy dishwasher, and room service in teh early 70's. I left the town and returned to see the buiding as it is today...sad to see and remember the fun times working there. That was the place in the 60s. I can remember the Star hotel where the Chrysler dealer is now and all the other buildings that time has erased. Downtown was the place...not like the new down town out East.
Ellen

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2014
MJE wrote:
My grandmother was the Dining Room Hostess at the Captain Logan in the early 60's. Wonderful memories of visiting her there.
Do you remember what the restaurant was named in the 70s?
Ellen

United States

#8 Feb 7, 2014
Does anyone remember what the name of the restaurant was in the 1970's?

Since: Mar 14

Livingston, TN

#9 Mar 16, 2014
True
max

Indianapolis, IN

#10 May 7, 2015
JEFFF wrote:
Worth bringing the hotel and restaurant back?
Nellie

San Benito, TX

#11 Nov 15, 2015
JEFF wrote:
i have the telephone switchboard from the captain Logan hotel. pretty cool.
My mother was the night clerk and ran the switchboard and Western Union during the last years of the Capt Logan Hotel and my great uncle lived there.
Col Bob

Mansfield, OH

#12 Mar 30, 2016
MJE wrote:
I so enjoyed the atmosphere at the Captain Logan hotel. I'd go there for breakfast 1965-1966 while a single guy and working at Sears downtown, not far from the hotel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mowery girls, Logansport (Jan '11) Jun 15 Goan 8
help whit bower May '16 roadluac 1
Donaldson Apr '16 Joe 1
logansport snitch list (May '11) Mar '16 None of your buiness 9
chris boothe Jan '16 wanna know him 1
News INDOT demands contractor refund $5M or fix crum... (Sep '15) Dec '15 Joe 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug '15 CorruptionKiller 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnettsville Mortgages