Fatal car crash
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nita

Austin, TX

#1 Jan 31, 2009
Any information on the fatal car crash that claimed the life of a teen and left the other in a coma. Happened on Hiway 29 East of Burnet Texas @ County Rd 333
paulina

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Feb 1, 2009
Nita wrote:
Any information on the fatal car crash that claimed the life of a teen and left the other in a coma. Happened on Hiway 29 East of Burnet Texas @ County Rd 333
has anyone heard how the boy in the coma is doing?
paulina

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Feb 1, 2009
does anyone know how the boy in the coma is doing?
concerned mom

Round Rock, TX

#4 Feb 1, 2009
He had surgery this afternoon to relieve the swelling in his brain.
Tiffany

Austin, TX

#5 Feb 1, 2009
What are the latest updates?
Vaughn

United States

#6 Feb 2, 2009
I heard that it was 4 HS teenagers from Burnet HS. Hyatt passed away after the accident and the other 3 are in the hospital, yes one is in a coma but I haven't heard anything about the other 2. I was one of the first cars on the scene and it was a horrible accident and my prayers are with the family and friends of the victims involved. If anyone hears anything more please post info, Keep the prayers going they are going to need them.
Callie

United States

#7 Feb 2, 2009
scotty is the one in the coma but the docters put him in it so he can heal the first surgery didnt work so they did it again and he has a punctured lung and now he is doing very well but he doesnt know about hyatt yet!!

the other boys name is tylor that hyatts brother he broke 2 bones in his leg and is in very good shape he knows about hyatt and is taking it very well!!

i just got back from the hospital so i know this is true!!!they are not going to have to funral for hyatt till tylor can go so nobody knows yet. if you need to know anything esle message me on yahoo pearsoncallie@yahoo.com please keep praying!!!!
Ashley

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2009
They were pulling onto the highway when they were hit by a SUV. Two more cars hit everything also. Hyatt was lost but brought back and after many hours of surgery he passed away at about 5 am saturday morning. Tyler, Hyatt's younger brother, has two broken legs. Scottie was put into a medical induced comma. He was brought out of it and had surgery yesterday to relieve the swelling in his head.
Val

Bowie, TX

#9 Feb 2, 2009
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/hill_count...

HILL COUNTRY (KXAN)- A four-car accident Friday night involving six Hill Country teenagers claimed the life of a Burnet High School student. The Department of Public Safety said Hyatt Ebeling, 16, of Betram died early Saturday morning at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin . Ebeling, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was one of five teenagers riding in the car driven by Kirstie Conley, 17, of Granite Shoals.

DPS said at 7:05 p.m. Conley was turning left onto SH 29 from County Road 333 when a Dodge pick-up truck slammed into Conley's Toyota Prius. Taylor Maddox, 15, of Bertram was behind the wheel of the truck. Both vehicles started spinning across SH 29, and a third truck, driven by Ronald Warren, 57, of Burnet hit the spinning truck. A fourth truck pulling a utility trailer smashed into the other two trucks.

The four survivors packed into Conley's car experienced the most severe injuries. Scottie Roberts, 16, of Bertram is in critical condition at Brackenridge Hospital with a head injury. DPS said Roberts was not wearing a seatbelt. Tyler Ebeling, 15, of Bertram was wearing a seatbelt and is in stable condition at Brackenridge with a broken right ankle. Conley and Britany Hart, 17, of Marble Falls were treated and released from Seton Highland Lakes Hospital in Burnet .

Maddox was released from the hospital along with Tabitha Nehr, 22, who was riding in the passenger seat. The accident report did not indicate if anyone was given a citation.
Zach

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2009
I went to school with Hyatt, and all of this is very hard on everyone.
Scotty was taken out of his drug enduced coma today(wednesday 2/4)and is doing very well.
Tyler is doing amazing despite his broken bones.
Hyatt's viewing is today and tomorrow from 8 AM to 8 PM. The Funeral is Friday at 11 AM.
Please keep your prayer with Hyatt's family and friends.

Thank You.
a friend of Hyatts

Georgetown, TX

#11 Feb 4, 2009
I went to see Tyler on Monday. Tyler seemed to be in pretty good spirits, trying to joke with us. Tyler and Hyatt's mom is an amazing lady, she is very strong and holding on. We will all miss Hyatt's smile and funny laugh. May he watch down on us.
Luke Bailey

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2009
I knew Hyatt really well he was one of my best friends at church at H.C.F. and I will miss him so much
paulina

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Feb 5, 2009
This tragedy will always stay close to my heart. My husband, son and I were traveling through town and came across this accident. We stopped knowing that there were no EMS, we both have experience in Trauma so we pulled over. We both and another gentlemen pulled both Hyatt and Scottie out of the car. We both helped proir till EMS got there. And proceeded to help with EMS. Can someone post the address of the church or the family address. We would like to send our condolences. May God be with you Hyatt and your family in this time of heartache. Your in our prayers and those who survived such a devastating car accident.
crisan

United States

#14 Feb 9, 2009
has anyone heard the latest on scotty...
i love and miss you hyatt..
love you to tyler...
miss ya scotty
Get it right

Brookesmith, TX

#15 Feb 9, 2009
Callie wrote:
scotty is the one in the coma but the docters put him in it so he can heal the first surgery didnt work so they did it again and he has a punctured lung and now he is doing very well but he doesnt know about hyatt yet!!
the other boys name is tylor that hyatts brother he broke 2 bones in his leg and is in very good shape he knows about hyatt and is taking it very well!!
i just got back from the hospital so i know this is true!!!they are not going to have to funral for hyatt till tylor can go so nobody knows yet. if you need to know anything esle message me on yahoo pearsoncallie@yahoo.com please keep praying!!!!
His Name is TYLER not Taylor u ppl need to get it right!!!
Teagan

Marble Falls, TX

#16 Feb 11, 2009
Hey has anyone heard anything more on Scotty? If so please text me 5122770069
I love you Scotty and miss you very much.
I still wish you were here Hyatt
Kyley

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2009
RIP Hyatt!!
wish u were here man..
You should've seen how many ppl came to see you at your funeral..
you will be missed!
Anton

United States

#18 Feb 13, 2009
From what I understand from his mom to my mom, Scotty was medically put into a coma but after the surgery, he hasn't come out of it yet. He Squeezed his brother and sister's hands a couple days ago, and that's supposed to mean he should be on his way out of the coma. I hope he gets well.
Mary Scottys Mom

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#19 Feb 14, 2009
Scotty is still in a coma .he is doing better he is breathing on his own and his vitals are more stable.they had to put a trake in his neck to breathe through but they say that could come out when he wakes up .we are praying for a full recovery.he still has quite a bit of swelling on his brain but as soon as that goes down he should start to wake uo
SCOTTYS AUNTIE BARB

Claremont, CA

#20 Feb 14, 2009
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY . ALL OF US OUT HERE IN CALIFORNIA ARE SENDING YOU HUGS AND KISSES. WISH I WAS THERE . WHEN YOU WAKE UP, GIVE YOUR MOM A BIG SMILE FOR ME. AS GRANDMA BIRDIE WOULD SAY "I LOVE YOU LIKE A PIG LOVES SLOP"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burnet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buckners Babtist Boys Ranch (Aug '10) Nov '17 Andy Martinez Wil... 33
New "Junction Cafe" restaurant in Bertram opens... Oct '17 Denver 2
News Fire danger may require burn ban implementation (May '17) May '17 JC Lange 1
News Florence dog saved from coral snake bite by inc... (Apr '17) May '17 DNR farts 3
News These are the best places to see wildflowers in... (Mar '17) Mar '17 ThesePhart 1
News Indecency trial set for Burnet man (Feb '17) Feb '17 Okiedokie 1
WARNING..... Lampasas tire & auto is fake!!! (Feb '17) Feb '17 Truth is truth 1

Burnet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burnet Mortgages