loud rumbling from the west

loud rumbling from the west

Posted in the Burlison Forum

meself

Cordova, TN

#1 Jan 23, 2010
Has anyone else been hearing the loud rumbling from the west for the last week or two. Sounds like a constant roll of thunder for 5 mins. then will repeat several times a night. The best explanation I got was a factory across the river was cleaning out some pipes with large bursts of air. Probably is but sometimes it is loud enough to shake the ground. Nothing on the USGS website about earthquakes. If it is the factory cleaning pipes I wish they would lay off late at night. Starting to make me crazy. Anyway was wondering if anyone else was hearing this?
meself

Cordova, TN

#2 Jan 23, 2010
Crap 12:30 A.M. and still goin on.
ddd 007

Brighton, TN

#3 Jan 23, 2010
I live in gilt edge and have been hearing the same sound. I have asked several "old timers" in the area, but none of them know what it is either. apparently, everyone within many miles can hear it. I heard a rumor today that it is a new power plant in arkansas that they are trying to start up. If that sound becomes constant they will have so many complaints that they will have to shut it down. let me know if anyone knows any more than that.
ddd 007

Brighton, TN

#4 Jan 24, 2010
Aparently, it is the new power plant in Osceola, Ar. expelling steam. Here is a video

It is the Plum Point power plant
meself

Cordova, TN

#5 Jan 24, 2010
So is this something we have to live with permantly?
meself

Cordova, TN

#6 Jan 24, 2010
That is the sound I am hearing though.
meself

Cordova, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2010
Posted by just me in the Osceola, Ark. topix..........

The noise is just supposed to last for 2-3 weeks and really once you know what it is you can live with it. The roar only lasts a minute or two each blast. The dark smoke being emitted will stop too. They are just burning (cleaning)out some pipes, tubes or something.
Live There

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2010
Sounds like you all got the short end of the stick! We got all of there money and taxes off the power plant and you all get the noise lol. It's actually about 5 or 6 miles from there to center of town so its something we can get used to. How is the hunting over there this yesr?
meself

Cordova, TN

#9 Jan 24, 2010
I live in Tipton county. Its never great here (the hunting) but they upped the limits so the population is up in general. I heard most people had a great season though. Anyway I hope its only temporary but I guess either way I will get used to it. Its already better now that I know its not the first sign of the end days. lol I was wondering if I was hearing the four horses of the apocolypse riding across the plains. Congrats on the jobs and tax money. Seems I am coming up with the short end of the stick a lot lately.lol
Live There

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2010
I dont think it will be like this long. I would hope the people that have to deal with it would step up!!!!! But what is sooooooooo bad we have the power plant but our light bills have right at doubled this month (see thread) and that is kind of a slap in the face they are sending power all the way to texas and futher and our little town owns our power and tells us what we have to pay! The hunting has been awesome here this year and you would be suprised how many deer come from over there acorss the river I have seen them swimming the rive on many occasions! And to see the landscape you wouldnt think there would even be deer her its soooooooooooo flat!
MIS

Hendersonville, NC

#11 Feb 5, 2010
Plum Point Power Plant,look it up

“GOD GIVES US LOVE, SHARE IT!!”

Since: Oct 09

Ridgely

#12 Feb 6, 2010
I was just on Rosemark Road and saw a group of 8 deers running together across the field before the stop sign. Have seen deer there before but never that many together.
Just Me

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2010
I had my limit killed over here Christmas Day I'm done for the year. But now im on a wild hog killing spree!

“GOD GIVES US LOVE, SHARE IT!!”

Since: Oct 09

Ridgely

#14 Feb 7, 2010
Have fun killing the hogsssssssssssss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Millington pharmacy employee charged with drug ... (Mar '06) Jul 13 Max 39
any good church recommendations? (Sep '11) Jul 6 Guest 8
Memphis Motor Sports Park (Jul '12) Jun 27 shane swayze 4
News Mysterious rumbling noise baffles Mid-South res... (Jan '10) Jan '16 gadfly 22
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Pete 300
verizon wireless (Jul '10) Oct '14 Truth 2
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Burlison, TN (Mar '12) Mar '12 that one 1

Burlison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlison Mortgages