Execution date set for man who killed...

Execution date set for man who killed a Millington woman and he...

There are 98 comments on the WREC-AM Memphis story from Sep 20, 2006, titled Execution date set for man who killed a Millington woman and he.... In it, WREC-AM Memphis reports that:

Pervis T. Payne was convicted in Shelby County of killing Charisse Christopher and her daughter, Lacie Jo, in what prosecutors described as a drug-induced frenzy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREC-AM Memphis.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ZAC

Millington, TN

#84 May 5, 2011
I have kept Nick on my mind and in my prayers all these years. I would like to meet him some day. I only regret we could'nt get to the scene fast enough to save his mom and sister. If it is possible for me to meet him someone please let me know. Yes I'm the real Zac.
charisse ex-sister-in-law wrote:
as i sat and read comments written on this case, it really pissed me off when i read not enough evidence, where's the blood, etc. first, i was in the courtroom and listened to the testimony of this case. no one saw another black man run out prior to pervis payne, the sunbather never saw him. pervis had a tank top on that had been ripped off of him, the shirt he had on when encountered by the officer said as he talked to him , it seemed he was sweating blood because most of the blood was on his body underneath the shirt he had changed Iinto.and there were photos submitted that shows knife wounds on the sides of his palms from being cut as he thrust that butcher knife and all that blood made that knife slippery as he kept stabbing. he's lucky he is still even sitting in jail on death row because we had to find my brother, charisse's ex, to get a sawed-off shotgun that he intended on taking into the courtroom just for pervis payne and every day after that, there were metal detectors that everyone had to walk through before entering the court room. my brother has since been the victim of violence and that is such a shame that nick has lost not only his mother, sister but now his father to low-lifes like pervis payne. rest in peace and i'll always think of you, charisse & lacie and will always pray for nick, wherever you are through life.
Was There

Memphis, TN

#85 Jun 22, 2011
If you knew all of the evidence there would be no question about his guilt. I was the arresting office of Pervis Payne and I believe without question he did the crime. This was the worst crime scene I ever went to in my twenty years in law enforcement. As for the people who think Pervis was a nice man, how about the times he sat at apartments in a car and played with himself while watching the girls at the swimming pool. And does a good church person use coke?
Why did he have cuts on his hand? Could it have been from his hand slipping on the handle of the knife because of all the blood? Lets face it. He did the crime, I was there, I got him out of the attic and he is proven guilty. Put him to death like he did his victims.
Rick aka Was There

Memphis, TN

#86 Jun 22, 2011
I was Zac's training office the day we caught Pervis. I along with Zac received threats and we were given a escort to the court house and even told to wear out bullet proof vest to court. As Zac said and like I said, I was there also, Pervis was covered in blood, had hidden his other clothes in a dumpster which we recovered, and before asked any questions he said " I didn't kill that woman." At least Zac and I know the truth. The rest of you who don't believe we did our job the way we where trained can just piss off. Purvis did it. P.S. I am a white male and race did not enter into it. I wouldn't care what color a person was that commited this type of crime.
Zac

Atoka, TN

#87 Jul 20, 2011
He did know me, my wife at the time grew up on the Bluff.
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of threats did you receive? Were they hate threats or something? Why would someone want to threaten you? While the other Millington police cops testified that Payne was foaming at the mouth, you were the only Millington cop who said he was not foaming at the mouth. The only cop! You mentioned that Payne called your name like he new you or something. You said he called you zac.
Zac

Atoka, TN

#88 Jul 20, 2011
Hey man,I've been tring to find you are you still riding. Those were some good days.
Rick aka Was There wrote:
I was Zac's training office the day we caught Pervis. I along with Zac received threats and we were given a escort to the court house and even told to wear out bullet proof vest to court. As Zac said and like I said, I was there also, Pervis was covered in blood, had hidden his other clothes in a dumpster which we recovered, and before asked any questions he said " I didn't kill that woman." At least Zac and I know the truth. The rest of you who don't believe we did our job the way we where trained can just piss off. Purvis did it. P.S. I am a white male and race did not enter into it. I wouldn't care what color a person was that commited this type of crime.
On Watch

Arlington, TN

#89 Aug 12, 2011
I received the complaint just after shift change. The manager of the apartments called and said something was very wrong in the apartment above her. She asked if I could hear the screams and noise going on up there. I sent two car on a disturbance call at he apartment. The screams were very loud. It was said that Pervis Payne stated that he made the call to the police, but I never talked to him on the phone. This was a bad incident and I pray that justice is done. I waqs instructed to watch Pervis very carefully and watch out for the family of the victims.
kkk

Pasadena, MD

#92 Aug 18, 2012
TIMES up black Boy...
Anonymous

Memphis, TN

#93 Aug 22, 2012
It is August of 2012 and ol' Pervis is still breathing...WAKE UP, Tennessee legislators & do your JOB!
smith

Germantown, TN

#94 Sep 12, 2012
sombody wrote:
if you have never been to millington you may not know they don't like blacks some don't care if you know or not look at how many people have died in custody of M.P.D they shot Roadie Gossett while in handcuffs also tried to convict me in crime in which I crime gave infomation to help. millington is racist but also 1987 courts were so different purvis was not alone but the person with him was not allowed to give a statement because they wanted to say whatever they wanted remember 88 was an election year
About Roadie Gossett: my folks told me that if I stole a car, went joy riding, banged into several cop cars, drove through others properties, land and had disregard for others on the road. Things may end up badly for me. Someone may even end up dead, and with it would be the person commiting the crimes. The cop was a good cop, the "suspect" was a thug with a record, and accidents happen. If Roadie had not been killed that evening.. it would have happened sooner or later and probably after he killed someone himself.
robert gray

United States

#95 Dec 25, 2012
kkk wrote:
TIMES up black Boy...
Its that the best you could come up with.Gotta love white trash. lol
Gregory Wilson

Memphis, TN

#96 Jun 21, 2013
cile wrote:
This is a inside Police setup there the evidence your transcrip is very shady and would never stand up in a real court. I don't know what court and attorney allowed to send this man to death row but it is crazy
cile you are nuts and stupid. My wife and children were there when it happened. We lived under Charisse and knew her and the children well. My wife was the manager of the complex and I was the regional manager with the management company. She heard the ruccuss and screams; called the police and saw Pervis running down the stairs covered in blood knocking a policeman off the entry porch to the hallway and running down the street barefoot and shirtless. He stabbed Charisse of 70 times and slaughter Lacey like an animal and brutally mangled Nicholas with a butcher knife. He deserves to die and its long over due. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain stupid.
Rick

Millington, TN

#97 Jul 16, 2013
I was the officer that arrested Pervis in the apartment he ran to. When I caught Pervis he had cuts on his hand from his hand slipping on the blood soaked knife. There is so much more evidence that he left behind and you would have to be crazy not to see that he murdered this mother and child. I sleep very good at night knowing that I helped put him where he is for the rest of his life. If they ever carry out the execution I hope to be there and see the end of Pervis Payne
karen

United States

#98 Aug 1, 2013
Pevis and I became friends when we both worked at Pizza Hut. First..Ill never believe he done this. He was a good person with a heart of gold. 2) As for him being a perv, what teenege guy isn't? 3) Anyone that believes copz aren't crooked has never had dealings with them. They DO set people up. They DO plant evidence. They ARE more crooked than some of the people they arrest. They Do take drugs. Ever wonder why so many cops are so bulked up? Think steroids. Not all are wannabes. There are decent cops. They are few and far between. 4) No doubt Innocent people died that day. Lives were changed. Families destroyed. And in my opinion the person responsible got away with it.
openyoureyes

Riverdale, GA

#99 Jan 2, 2014
All I can say is set up, set up and set up! Where is the Innocence Project when you need it. You would be surprised at how many innocent people are on death row and how many have already been put to death because of corrupt police just to say that they've closed a case. I 100% believe Pervis Payne fits in this category. It's a reason he's still alive. The real truth will come out.
Iwasapersonhewas meantoo

United States

#100 Mar 11, 2014
karen wrote:
Pevis and I became friends when we both worked at Pizza Hut. First..Ill never believe he done this. He was a good person with a heart of gold. 2) As for him being a perv, what teenege guy isn't? 3) Anyone that believes copz aren't crooked has never had dealings with them. They DO set people up. They DO plant evidence. They ARE more crooked than some of the people they arrest. They Do take drugs. Ever wonder why so many cops are so bulked up? Think steroids. Not all are wannabes. There are decent cops. They are few and far between. 4) No doubt Innocent people died that day. Lives were changed. Families destroyed. And in my opinion the person responsible got away with it.
Stomping my foot (hard enought to break it) and stealing my bag and you say he had a heart of gold. You are either stupid,naive or evil yourself. FYI the rest of the guys in our class may have been pervs but at least they didnt act on it. That is the difference. He violated girls physically and verbally.
Iwasapersonhewas meantoo

United States

#101 Mar 11, 2014
Betcha the cousin of Pervie Payne is also a cousin of Ricky "Retardo" Bell
memphisdude612

Minneapolis, MN

#102 Jan 26, 2015
Kayla Russell wrote:
My name is Kayla Russell. I'm Rodie Ladale Gossett's daughter, believe it or not. I took my moms last name which is Joni Russell. I'm 14 now, I'll be turning 15 May 12th & my dad is not here to watch me grow. I hurt so much inside. I was only two months old when my father was murdered. It sucks to go through life without a father. I think why me god? Why did you have to take him away from me. I cry still to this day. I never got to here my dads voice. I wish he could of told me he loved me before he passed away. But he didn't. I wish I could take that day back. I don't know the whole story just parts of it, it hurts to here it. I wish I could talk to Peter Nicholson and ask why he murdered my father. He didn't deserve to die for what he did. I'm so hurt and I just wanna cry and do things. Bad things. Why, why did you have to take him away from me?
Mrs. Russell i knew ur dad my name is robert mahaffey please find me on fb i want to tell u awesome stuff bout ur dad.
Read about Pervis HERE

Millington, TN

#103 Sep 29, 2015

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ihop (Apr '15) Mar '16 Flash 3
Baseball batting cages Mar '16 joe 1
Apartments for students Mar '16 ashley 1
Jobs Feb '16 ashley 1
utilities. furnishing Feb '16 ashley 1
College students apt. Feb '16 ashley 1
Apartments for students Feb '16 ashley 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlison Mortgages