Lake Stevens Couple Hopes To Restore Everett Trolley

Full story: Kirotv.com
EVERETT, Wash. -- A Lake Stevens couple is looking for like-minded history buffs who may want to help restore a historic Everett street car. Full Story
Riverside Kid

Since: Dec 05

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2005
I saw the pictures on the news tonight and I recognized the trolley at Lake Stevens as one of the old trolley cabins we stayed in at the Purple Pennant Resort in 1949 when I was 7. They had several of those old trolley cabins there along with other cabins. The resort was old when we stayed there and it finally was sold. I have always had a special memory of that summer we stayed there. I called my mother, who is now 86, and asked her if she knew how the trolleys got there. She said after they stopped running, they were sold off and one was even made into a diner.
desire

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jan 1, 2006
Riverside Kid wrote:
I saw the pictures on the news tonight and I recognized the trolley at Lake Stevens as one of the old trolley cabins we stayed in at the Purple Pennant Resort in 1949 when I was 7. They had several of those old trolley cabins there along with other cabins. The resort was old when we stayed there and it finally was sold. I have always had a special memory of that summer we stayed there. I called my mother, who is now 86, and asked her if she knew how the trolleys got there. She said after they stopped running, they were sold off and one was even made into a diner.
Have enjoyed all the comments and stories we've been receiving.If anyone else reads this and has history information on these trolley's please contact us at bugg6@verizon.net
Don - OR Trans Museum

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2007
Does anyone have the contact information about the trolley? Our museum would like to get it and restore it. We might even consider offering to set-up and operate a small streetcar run in Everett; if it's found to actually be an Everett Streetcar.
Please send any known information to or_transportation_museum@hotma il.com Our website is at http://osrm.org Thank You for any help you can offer.
suzy

Redmond, WA

#4 Jun 2, 2013
The link for Kirotv did not work...Anybody know the status of this?

Thx Suzy
jan

Lynnwood, WA

#5 Nov 5, 2013
I lived at the Purple Pennant Resort when I was just a small child. It was owned by my grandfather and family members I believe. I have 1 or 2 pictures of the 'cabin' that we lived in and have heard about the street cars that were there from relatives. If anyone has any pictures to share I would love to see them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cult reportedly in Sedro-Wooley (Jun '10) Aug '14 Jeff Sjolander 66
US Bicycle Route 10 is approved for Washington ... Aug '14 Great 4
Covington seeks funding for LED lights Aug '14 Shelly Slader 1
looking for my sisters and brother Jun '14 Chris 1
US safety agency: Washington state bridge colla... (May '13) May '14 JUMP MASTER 38
Peggy Banta (Aug '09) May '14 just me 12
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mount Vernon, WA (Jan '12) Apr '14 Thisguy 9

Flood Watch for Skagit County was issued at October 21 at 3:44PM PDT

Burlington News Video

Burlington Dating
Find my Match

Burlington Jobs

Burlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burlington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burlington

Personal Finance