Review: Adams Towing & Recovery
Its not just Asheville

Holly Springs, NC

#61 Dec 2, 2010
CANTFIGUREITOUT wrote:
I would just like to get some answers to a question that alot of towing companys in the Asheville NC area have,the question is how in the hell does AAA carolinas justify bringing an outfit out of Burlington nearly 300 miles away to run calls in this area,what is that,thats just wrong,you dont see companys from Asheville down there do you? The word on the street is that Adams is out to take over the towing industry in Ahseville,he also says he has all the motor clubs sewed up,all i can say is good luck,Danny's tried it last year,see where hes at,just remember,insurance,fuel and truck payments still come even though your running those high paying AAA calls also his price for a local tow is down right ridiculous,some crap about an $85.00 hook up fee and $3.00 a mile after 10,that is plain and simple highway robbery when the average call here is like $50 to $60,rethink it Adam and go back home to Burlington
Its not just Burlington, sweetie ! Its Asheville, Wilmington, Raleigh and The Outer Banks. AAA Carolinas has some kind of interest in Adams Towing!.... I am not sure exactly what's going on but if you ask any questions they get very defensive.

We have been dealing with Adams Towing in our area for four years now. AAA transported them here to help with our southern beaches(the Hatteras area)and instead they have ultimately given Adams towing the entire Outer Banks. We were a AAA contractor for 22 years and they terminated our contract without a reasonable explanation. Our average ETA time is 19 min. Adams is 59 min. I also have copies of over 350 letters written to AAA Carolinas one of them from our senator and all of our local police departments , asking for a valid reason for our termination. Not one letter ever received an response. We did not turn down any calls, we had a 97% rating with Sterling and most importantly the customers love us. And all they said is that it was a business decision. All we did was ask why they were receiving our normal call volume and why he was here when we didn't need the help! We already had two AAA backups in our area......I want some answers!
Its not just Asheville

Holly Springs, NC

#62 Dec 2, 2010
Ohhh.... even better than that ! They have no impoundment lot in our area. Just a rental home in a residential area.

Since: Dec 10

Suffolk, VA

#63 Dec 3, 2010
Can we say probally some underhanded under the table activity going on between Adams towing and AAA carolinas? truth be known i bet a dollar to a donut theres probally some money changeing hands between Adams and what ever pecker head AAA field manager thats in charge of the Asheville area,whatever it is, its wrong,

Since: Dec 10

Suffolk, VA

#64 Dec 3, 2010
ive also herd that,they say there on asheville city,nc highway patrol and buncombe county sheriff's dept. rotation,word has is they dont even have a storage lot in asheville,last count i had that was a requirement to be on rotation, maybe this is something that should be looked into by who is in charge of rotation
fordpowerstroke3 5

Suffolk, VA

#65 Dec 3, 2010
looks like Adams needs to get his ass back to burlington and let the local towing companys in asheville work as they were for the last 30 years with no help from a so called wrecker outfit called Adams towing
fordpowerstroke3 5

Suffolk, VA

#66 Dec 5, 2010
to whome it may concern,i was riding down i-240 in asheville and an adams towing service truck whooped over in fron of me and i noticed something that stuck out like a sore thumb,it was a weighted tag,when he is for hire and makeing money with that vehicle,he should have to have for hire tags just like the department of motor vehicles require everybody else to have or be faced with a fine if that vehicle is for hire,get the right tags adams
Unpaid employees

Charlotte, NC

#67 Dec 6, 2010
Very suspicious wrote:
Does anyone know where Mr. Adams gets all of his money? He has bought 74 properties in Alamance county alone and countless other properties in North Carolina!
Yes I know where they get some of the money!From the employees that work for him. They always find one reason or another to hold employees last pay checks! They are rip off conartists that should be shut down! Wendy the "girlfriend" is the one running the company!! Doug should grow some balls and pay people what he owes them. He sure dont mind charging people but its time he pay up!!!!!!!!!!
Unpaid employees

Charlotte, NC

#68 Dec 6, 2010
adams screwing you wrote:
<quoted text> maybe you might want to remove your ankles from your earlobes (wendy) and look at the man sometimes. I mean he is not called Mr. Burlington for nothing you know, he has had years to perfect screwing people, just look into how he treats his employees or better yet look real good at his employees.
Wendy is just in it for the easy ride!!! her ankles on her ears is the only reason she is there. She might as well come in the office with no shirt on... thats all she has going for her tits. lol but if she only knew!!!!!!!!!! KARMA IS A BITCH.. and doug and his sorry ass company will get whats coming to them!!
Unpaid employees

Charlotte, NC

#69 Dec 6, 2010
Rodger wrote:
These statements are mighty slanderous. I bet Doug has a good lawyer.
Is doug willing to take a drug test????
umakemelaff

Bailey, NC

#70 Dec 7, 2010
fordpowerstroke35 wrote:
to whome it may concern,i was riding down i-240 in asheville and an adams towing service truck whooped over in fron of me and i noticed something that stuck out like a sore thumb,it was a weighted tag,when he is for hire and makeing money with that vehicle,he should have to have for hire tags just like the department of motor vehicles require everybody else to have or be faced with a fine if that vehicle is for hire,get the right tags adams

hahaha...tags,,well if you had proper tags you would know NC dmv issues weighted tags for wreckers and rollback not for hire..they quit for hire tags yrs back.
Jus Wunderin

Hickory, NC

#71 Dec 8, 2010
by the way i believe i will make you laugh when the highway patrol stops your ass in a for hire revenue producing ,money makeing vehicle,they will give you a ticket and tell you to buy the proper FOR HIRE tag,you must be living in the past long about 40 years ago,sounds like you need to get with it and read up on NC laws,and by the way adams,buy the right tags,you will thank me later
Jus Wunderin

Hickory, NC

#72 Dec 8, 2010
oh,sorry about that now i seen where you wrote about the DMV will sell you a weighted tag for wreckers and rollbacks not for hire,is mr. adams running all of those multi million dollar rigs for nothing? i dont think so, so which that tells me he is for hire or if not he needs to take all that abnoxious lettering off his trucks

“A mask to hear the truth !”

Since: Sep 08

Kitty Hawk, NC

#73 Dec 9, 2010
I think its only appropriate that we link these two Topix ..... Since AAA Carolinas is so close with Doug!
http://www.topix.com/forum/charlotte/TT72KL5T...

Kitty Hawk, NC

#74 Dec 10, 2010
CANTFIGUREITOUT wrote:
Can we say probally some underhanded under the table activity going on between Adams towing and AAA carolinas? truth be known i bet a dollar to a donut theres probally some money changeing hands between Adams and what ever pecker head AAA field manager thats in charge of the Asheville area,whatever it is, its wrong,
We should all contact the news rooms in North Carolina until something is done! They should not be able to get away with what there doing. Let me be clear I think AAA is a great enity but AAA of Carolinas is as crooked as a black snake.It would be different if Doug Adams actually had valid reason to be in the places he moved to, but he does not. AAA is taking food right out of the mouths of the the same companys that have helped them thrive thru the years. Adams does not even have a commercial bussiness front or impoundment lot in any of the places he has been relocated to, just rental homes in residential areas. No repair service , no central office location and Burlington plastered across his trucks. I can tell you it dosent bide well with customers to see an out of town truck pull up to there front door. And normally way over there promised ETA time.To address the whole payoff issue......... NORMALLY WHERE THERES SMOKE THERES FIRE!
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Greensboro, NC

#75 Dec 21, 2010
LMAO you people have way too much time on your hands and/or have a stick up your ass....can we all say slander? if you don't like them, don't use them! But to seriously make up such stories is rediculous!! I guess some people just need the drama and this must be an easy target for a bunch of you rednecks!! Grow up, get a life and do something valuable with your time instead of attacking a member of this community!

Kitty Hawk, NC

#76 Dec 21, 2010
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA wrote:
LMAO you people have way too much time on your hands and/or have a stick up your ass....can we all say slander? if you don't like them, don't use them! But to seriously make up such stories is rediculous!! I guess some people just need the drama and this must be an easy target for a bunch of you rednecks!! Grow up, get a life and do something valuable with your time instead of attacking a member of this community!
Adam's Towing is not a member of our community! The company does not contribute to it nor does it pay taxes or have vehicles registered in our county. THATS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Greensboro, NC

#77 Dec 21, 2010
Beachnative5thgen wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam's Towing is not a member of our community! The company does not contribute to it nor does it pay taxes or have vehicles registered in our county. THATS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!
awww, i can hear the little violins :-(
repoman

Greensboro, NC

#78 Dec 22, 2010
u know its sad i think every body that does not like adams towing needs to grow up maby u are just jealous u dont have nice trucks and a succesful business instead of putting someone down all the time why not be glad for them i think its ignorant for u to say he lives in a make shift trailer and sleeps with teenager girls u know the bible says "JUDGE NOT U BE JUDGED" so why dont u look in the closet maby u can find some of your skeltons of what u used to be and what u used to do I WISH ADAMS ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD GOD BLESS THEM AND GOD SPEED. PSALM 34:6
Unpaid employees

Charlotte, NC

#79 Dec 22, 2010
Unpaid employees wrote:
<quoted text> Is doug willing to take a drug test????
Actually Doug and Wendy need to be tested!!!! Diet pills and steroids!!!! Wow what a couple! They need to pay the employees that have EARNED!! THEIR MONEY!! with all the NICE stuff they have i am wondering do we get our part since we helped pay for it? ADAMS TOWING IS A JOKE!!! NO ONE DESERVES THE WAY THEY TREAT PEOPLE!!!!
Unpaid employees

Charlotte, NC

#80 Dec 22, 2010
I HOPE DOUG HAS A GOOD CHRISTMAS WITH ALL THE MONEY HIS COMPANY HAS STOLE FROM HIS COSTUMERS AND EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cherie Francis is part of Trumps goon squad? (Mar '17) Oct 3 bldg seven 12
News Silver Alert issued for missing Burlington man Aug '17 curious 1
News Man wanted in Burlington shooting considered ar... Aug '17 HEiSaDUMMY 1
News Missing Burlington man's car found in Va. Aug '17 ARRESTED 2
News Couple linked to man's disappearance Aug '17 ARRESTED 1
News Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support (Oct '10) Aug '17 eye opener 72
what to do?? Aug '17 eye opener 4

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages