Vision with out Sight, Justice with o...

Vision with out Sight, Justice with out Truth, Faith with Character

Posted in the Burlington Forum

forgiving husband

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2007
http://home.earthlink.net/~forever2again/

There are those hiding behind their position and badge. They are not up holding the law seeking the truth,but promoting a vision
Just Wondering Topeka

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2008
What does it take to be a cop in Burlington. Not much with the loser they are hiring lately. All the rejects from other departments because they can not cut the mustard. Then there is the Chief who does the hiring. What up with that? You have a real professional bunch down there.lol!
From_the_past

United States

#3 Jul 27, 2008
Interesting posts. What in the heck are you getting at,'forgiving husband'?

And as for 'Just Wondering Topeka', our little burg has had some people who were less than qualified for the job of police officer. And I would say your 'professionsal bunch' in Topeka has had a few they were regretful about too.

What would it take for you to be a cop in Burlington or anywhere? Of course, in Burlington, everyone knows your business and will keep track for you. Now, they won't worry about the accuracy of their reports when they spread the gospel to everyone ya know, but they'll make sure everyone hears about you and yours. How much would you expect to get paid to put up with that? And don't tell me it's their choice. That's a 'cop-out'- pardon the pun. I'm asking you what they deserve as pay, to put their lives and reputations on the line.

Before anyone posts with how easy or safe it is to be a cop here, I'm going to tell you that I have done the job before and I know what I went through. I saw death, I saw children victims, I dealt with drug dealers and users, I arrested felons, I stopped wanted fugitives on Highway 75. I served search warrants in Topeka and Kansas City and I did all of this for less than $30,000 a year. I knew several Burlington police officers who are NOW doing a great job in Lawrence, Topeka, Manhattan, and Colorado.

But likely, I'll get to hear from the experts out there who will tell me and everyone else what they think of police officers in Burlington. Just remember, our officers are made up of fathers, veterans, and good people. Don't judge them all by one or two bad people.
just wondering

Conway, AR

#4 Aug 10, 2008
Very interesting post.....!!
Just Wondering

United States

#5 Jun 21, 2009
From_the_past wrote:
Interesting posts. What in the heck are you getting at,'forgiving husband'?
And as for 'Just Wondering Topeka', our little burg has had some people who were less than qualified for the job of police officer. And I would say your 'professionsal bunch' in Topeka has had a few they were regretful about too.
What would it take for you to be a cop in Burlington or anywhere? Of course, in Burlington, everyone knows your business and will keep track for you. Now, they won't worry about the accuracy of their reports when they spread the gospel to everyone ya know, but they'll make sure everyone hears about you and yours. How much would you expect to get paid to put up with that? And don't tell me it's their choice. That's a 'cop-out'- pardon the pun. I'm asking you what they deserve as pay, to put their lives and reputations on the line.
Before anyone posts with how easy or safe it is to be a cop here, I'm going to tell you that I have done the job before and I know what I went through. I saw death, I saw children victims, I dealt with drug dealers and users, I arrested felons, I stopped wanted fugitives on Highway 75. I served search warrants in Topeka and Kansas City and I did all of this for less than $30,000 a year. I knew several Burlington police officers who are NOW doing a great job in Lawrence, Topeka, Manhattan, and Colorado.
But likely, I'll get to hear from the experts out there who will tell me and everyone else what they think of police officers in Burlington. Just remember, our officers are made up of fathers, veterans, and good people. Don't judge them all by one or two bad people.
Sorry for being so long in anwsering back but been out service for awhile.
Anyway, I can not disagree with what you have commented on a bit,other then Topeka gets rid of thier bad apples, not promote them.
So that brings me to the officer who just committed perjury on the stand in a stalking case he was the defendant in. If you go to the March 23,2009 docket in Coffey Co District Court and read the transcript of this case you will find he perjured himself in reference to having no relationshio with the plaintiff in this case. Phone records more than proved he had conversation beyond business related calls and business relationships. There were calls on her phone from his phone for over 190 minutes with other call close to the same times of duration, FROM HIS PHONE! He stated on the stand under oath the calls could not have lasted more than 45-30 minutes and buiness calls only, a 190 minutes! Then the attorney for the plaintiff proved him wrong. I just do not know small town politics, how they can justify this officer, when he now has no creditbility now. Any case he has had could be challenged. Not to mention any new cases he is involved in could be lost.Oh well, I guess the city has a lots of money....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Decker 1949 in the Navy? (Dec '09) Mar '17 Carol Decker Stump 2
Moving! Mar '17 Leslie 1
News Wolf Creek nuclear accident would need testing ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 mamasnothappy 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Oct '15 Billy Bob 20
What's it like to live in Gridley? (Jul '12) Aug '15 Bill Snyder 4
News Mike Thompson (Aug '10) May '14 RiverRat 2
tp (Mar '14) Apr '14 ksu_nutzer 2

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages