SSA's tax hike for Cambridge Lakes Residents - Pingree Grove

Posted in the Burlington Forum

Cambridge Lames

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 24, 2009
5% tax increase for SSA's for Cambridge Lakes Residents - Please spread the word as we only have a few days until this gets passed. According to the minutes dated 11-16-09, the finance director recommended a 0% increase for SSA#4 stating the existing funds "will be sufficient" (page 34)- WHY does the village want to pass it????
Please read more in the minutes of the Village of Pingree Grove at:
http://www.villageofpingreegrove.org/public_d...
***** From an email received:*********
"Sent: Wed, Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm
Subject: Cambridge Lakes SSA Tax Hike
Good afternoon,
I would like to invite you to the December 7th 7PM Village Board meeting at the Village Hall to voice your opinion on the 5% proposed SSA #4 Tax Hike.
Please regisiter with the Village Clerk for public comments before the meeting starts to address your opinion.
A little information about the SSA #4 ( maintiance SSA): This appears on your Tax Bill and is paid soley by Cambridge Lakes Residents. Yet the services provided though out the Village. Basically it is an unfair tax that was created years ago by the previous Heritage District board of Trustee's. Some of our elected officals view this increase as an opportunity to increase revenue.
At the last Village board meeting only Two voted "No" on the proposed increase. Four Trustee's voted to approve the increase. With the motion approved it is now going to be added to the December 7th meeting for final approval.
Please feel free to contact me by phone if you have any questions about this topic at
Help kill this unfair tax increase.
Thank you,"
Concerned

Crystal Lake, IL

#2 Apr 19, 2010
There is a rumor going around that some new residents were able to get out of the SSA all together. I heard the new homes on Loon Lake Ct could be the beneficiary of the new Cambridge option. Hope to have more info soon.
A new resident

Brookfield, WI

#3 Mar 18, 2013
We do not get out of paying the SSA all together. We pay just as much as anyone else who lives there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Mar 23 David Winfrey 5
Review: Pub 47 Grill Mar 12 Joe M 1
News Rifkin attorney seeks answers on missing audio Mar 8 joemlgb 1
MCHS cheerleading Feb '15 concerned mother 1
News Hampshire woman airlifted after fire inside apa... Feb '15 Lisa denk 1
News Learn about wills, estates planning Nov. 16, 18... Jan '15 Jim Stout 2
High speed/cable internet in Burlington (Feb '14) Feb '14 jen 1
Burlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance