Burlington man accused of fatal shooting of woman during party ...

Full story: WHOtv 25
A Burlington man has been charged in connection with the shooting death of a woman at a weekend party. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friend Of the Family

United States

#1 Apr 19, 2010
It was an accident.He didn't mean for anything to happen.All that it was supposed to do is to break up a fight between his roommate and 2 other guys that was beating his roommate up.
MAS

Clarinda, IA

#2 Apr 19, 2010
yea theyll let him go they dont give a damn about that all the WBPD AND BPD CARE ABOUT AND KIM DUKAY IS RUINING PEOPLES LIVES
MAS

Clarinda, IA

#3 Apr 19, 2010
He still killed her and whether or not it was an accident he still murdered a young women who never deserved it. what gives you the right to defend him? i have a daughter and if it was mine id murder him and let god judge me in hell for my daughter his stupid tuff guy s*** actin like hes a cool thug yea he needs to fry may her soul rest in peace and i hope her parents kill him and let god judge them hes a murderer and deservesd exacuted
my family hurt

Carthage, IL

#4 Apr 20, 2010
Friend Of the Family wrote:
It was an accident.He didn't mean for anything to happen.All that it was supposed to do is to break up a fight between his roommate and 2 other guys that was beating his roommate up.
remorse thats what that is!!! it wasnt no accident
dont matter

Charleston, IL

#5 Apr 20, 2010
He had an armed gun in his hand, and in my opinion he had intentions of shooting somebody. It may not have been mercedes he had intended for, but she is dead now. He killed my friend and I hate him.
Someone who cares

Monmouth, IL

#6 Apr 20, 2010
He had a gun at this point it no longer matters what the intentions were. He shot and killed a innocent freind, sister, aunt, daughter. Her sister will never be the same, and everyday this inoccent girl is going to have to remeber hold her sister watching her slowly die. It no longer matters what the intentions were, its just sad that someone would bust a gun out and shoot it in any direction. Just imagine if it was your family and The other person called it an accident. THIS IS SOOO SAD.
dsolo

Hayward, CA

#7 Apr 20, 2010
regardless if he didnt intend for this to of happend,that's not the point he caused someone to lose their life behind his careless thinking action!!!!!!!!who care's if someone was getting beat up that's why we pay taxes to have police to do the job that this person took on his self to do and look at what he done, why didnt you jump in and help with your legal hand's that's what god gave them to you for is to put them to work, not saying to use them for fighting, to b a coward and use some thing illegal!just dont make since,!!!i feel you took this young girl's life at 21yr's u should be charged with that many year's to life!!!!!!!!!may god b with this family that's like my family!!!at this very hard time because of some nobody!!!!!!!!amen!!!!
Tess

Racine, WI

#8 Apr 21, 2010
who gave this moron a right to carry a gun in the first place. It is evident from other prior problems involving the illegal selling of drugs etc, that the people of 513 S. Marshall should never have had guns to begin with.
what

Davenport, IA

#9 Apr 21, 2010
MAS wrote:
yea theyll let him go they dont give a damn about that all the WBPD AND BPD CARE ABOUT AND KIM DUKAY IS RUINING PEOPLES LIVES
what does kim DUQUE have to be with anything?
what

Davenport, IA

#10 Apr 21, 2010
what does kim DUQUE have to do with this?
Wow Really People

United States

#11 Apr 25, 2010
The Constitution Gives him the right to Bear Arms ... And Living in Burlington , Iowa where the cops are currupt , the Southeast Iowa Narcotics Task Force Is also Currupt, People Do as they please in this town ... There's a lot more to worry about then some unfortunate accident that this young man has to live with the rest of his life with. She was his friend also people. You can't even walk down the street in this town without wondering if the car rolling up on you is going to produce people that jump out and rob you. And it doesn't matter if it's day or night. If you are a woman or man. Or even children . I have been a resident of Burlington for a long long time. And my heart goes out to both families. But it is a terrible accident that could of happened to anyone who has a gun and is trying to protect their interest. Who cares about his prior arrests , I mean seriously?? It was a tragic accident, and thats what happens when you reside in a shit hole town, where the cops use drug dealers and addicts to do their jobs for them, and the cops only care about their own , and do you people realize that Burlington Iowa is a town that has a Population of around 30 thousand people, but at any given time there are prob 6 cops on duty. For 30 thousand people... And It is sad when you dont even know if the cop your dealing with is high himself or he or she just doesn't frankly give a fuck about you or your situation. If you ask me, Burlington Iowa needs to be investigated for curruption in the police department, the Narcotics department, and the humanitarian department.
noydb

Burlington, IA

#12 Apr 27, 2010
it was a accident wat would u do if someone ran in ur house jumped somebody ud try scaryin them to he pulled out the gun and it went off he wasnt trying to kill anybody yea its very sad but shit happens
Kayla RoyerJesse R Sister

United States

#13 Apr 27, 2010
Okay everybody-
First of all i want to say may you rest in peace Mercedes and for JESSE stay STRONG!Okay so second of all, all you mother******* that got sh** to say it aint even worth it. It aint no win lose situation its a lose lose situation. It was an accident to the fullest if anybody knows jesse its me and he is a very kind hearted person and never would intentionally hurt anybody. Another thing you dumb a** people there is a difference between doing it on purpose and on accident. None of yall were there to see what really happened and what went on so who the f*** are you guys to judge MY BROTHER! WE LOVE YOU JESSE~YOUR FAMILY! WE'LL BE WITH YOU THE WHOLE WAY JESSE AND JUST STAY STRONG. WE'LL NEVER EVER FORGET ABOUT YOU. Remeber ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE MY BROTHER!

United States

#14 Apr 27, 2010
I love and miss you Jesse!

United States

#15 May 2, 2010
MAS wrote:
He still killed her and whether or not it was an accident he still murdered a young women who never deserved it. what gives you the right to defend him? i have a daughter and if it was mine id murder him and let god judge me in hell for my daughter his stupid tuff guy s*** actin like hes a cool thug yea he needs to fry may her soul rest in peace and i hope her parents kill him and let god judge them hes a murderer and deservesd exacuted
hey this is his lil brother and motherf it was an accident and if you knew him you would know that and dont judge someone if you dk him and for thinking what you said about someone killing him i hope one of these days god strikes you down
Teri Jo

AOL

#16 May 4, 2010
Kayla RoyerJesse R Sister wrote:
I love and miss you Jesse!
Kayla and Travis, stay strong for Jesse, ya dig? Everyone who really knows Jesse knows that it was an accident. Jesse is not a coldblooded murderer and he did not shoot Mercedes on purpose. Try and stay off these comment sites cause this is how some people get their kicks. If they see they are getting a rise out of you they get excited.
C-Johnson

Jefferson City, MO

#17 May 7, 2010
Hang in there , guys ! We love you !
R L R

United States

#18 May 20, 2010
COME ON PEOPLE!
He was defending his home and the people in it!
Who's to says who's finger was actually on the trigger?
The OWNER of the house comes walking out with a gun to defend his roommate, So what now you cant even have a gun in your house? he is OF AGE right?
Any normal person would just leave. But no what do these two IDIOTS do they grab the gun and start a struggle, THEN the girl gets SHOT!
AMAZED

Newburgh, NY

#19 May 20, 2010
Kayla RoyerJesse R Sister wrote:
Okay everybody-
First of all i want to say may you rest in peace Mercedes and for JESSE stay STRONG!Okay so second of all, all you mother******* that got sh** to say it aint even worth it. It aint no win lose situation its a lose lose situation. It was an accident to the fullest if anybody knows jesse its me and he is a very kind hearted person and never would intentionally hurt anybody. Another thing you dumb **** people there is a difference between doing it on purpose and on accident. None of yall were there to see what really happened and what went on so who the f*** are you guys to judge MY BROTHER! WE LOVE YOU JESSE~YOUR FAMILY! WE'LL BE WITH YOU THE WHOLE WAY JESSE AND JUST STAY STRONG. WE'LL NEVER EVER FORGET ABOUT YOU. Remeber ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE MY BROTHER!
wow you sound just as ghetto and dangerous as your brother is. sad that this is how the world turned out but i understand its not your fault its how you were raised you are a product of your environment, and if your brother was so kind and innocent why did he have a gun and why was it loaded???? doesnt make sence does it maybe you should go back to school and get an education or learn how to speak english without cursing every 3 words so you wont end up like your brother.
Friend of the family

Columbia, MO

#20 May 25, 2010
Every normal person knows that accidents do happen.And that was an ACCIDENT.You know even god forgives and believes there are accidents to.Maybe all of us could learn someting from all this and that is not everyone is perfect and they deserve a second chance.If we judge everyone on their mistakes they made in their life there wouldn't be no good people left in this world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hansen Law Offices Jan 3 Ryan Alrbight 2
People who brag about castrating hogs... Oct '14 mdresch 1
Press box Sep '14 berger_angel05 1
Kim "Mina Kaye" (Jan '13) Aug '14 MissLovewell 6
Debate: Marijuana - Burlington, IA (Sep '10) Jun '14 frank 19
Danville school board approves $6M in energy up... (Feb '14) Feb '14 save some money 1
Transgender rights: Restroom battles emerge (Oct '13) Oct '13 TerryE 1
Burlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet