Linkin accepts plea deal

Linkin accepts plea deal

There are 7 comments on the Hawk Eye story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Linkin accepts plea deal. In it, Hawk Eye reports that:

As District Court Judge Michael Schilling began telling Gidget Marie Linkin the rights she was giving up by opting not to go to trial in her case, the 39-year-old West Burlington woman wept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hawk Eye.

give me a break

West Burlington, IA

#1 Apr 7, 2011
I would weep also if I had stolen 39,000. from my employer. A 39 year old knows right from wrong and 39,000 is alot of money. The customers should be crying as they will be the ones paying the increase in pricing for Carquest to recover from this mess. Why did it take 20 months to catch her? Doesn't look like Carquest was on the ball, where was the manager when this was going on? He is still there, and that is another good reason not to shop Carquest. When a company gets so large that they can not account for false transactions and allow their employees to steal 39,000 needs to think about restructuring how they operate. I would cry to if I was dumb enough to steal, admit it, and then try to plea bargin. She needs to go to prison. this is not the first time she has stoled, it is the first time she got caught. The business she ran before got bought out by Carquest as they were not making a profit. Who can make a profit when they have employees helping themselves to cash every day. If I were the judge I would send her away for the 10 years, so she can think about how dumb she really is. Give me a break.
Friendly Reminder

Davenport, IA

#2 Apr 8, 2011
There is a reason why people are assigned logins at work that should never be shared with their coworkers. Using your coworkers codes and making false transactions is unacceptable, and shows lack of ethics on the part of this individual using others codes to make false transactions and pocket money should be a wake up call for all people in a upper management positions and who work retail. Do not share your codes. This shows the intent of this individual to decieve the company into thinking another individual was involved, and throw them off their track. Most people cut back or acquire another job when having financial difficulties, not this individual. They help themselves to other's money by deception.
Dumb is not the word

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Apr 8, 2011
Why is it that she is the only one charged. Isnt her husband also employed there. is this the other employee numbers she used. is she really the one that stole the money. hmm should wake up and see what is taking place here people..
new twist

West Burlington, IA

#4 Apr 11, 2011
First time it has been brought up that her spouse worked there too. Interesting!!!!! I agree why was she the only one fired. The individual who gave her their register codes should have been fired too. Most companies have policies about assignment of registers, and if Carquest has these policies then whoever was in charge of supervising her at that store should be fired also. I found it funny how in two separate articles in the "Hawkeye" where she pointed out to authorities she was the only one involved. I smell a rat with that statement. Sounds to me like she is covering.
moondoggy

Fort Madison, IA

#5 Apr 12, 2011
Stealing is just wrong, and everyone is having hard times. Send her to prison so she can reflect.
popular pass time in burl

Davenport, IA

#6 Apr 13, 2011
It seems embezzlement is popular there, Is it because the judges are giving light sentences. First the tan spa, then carquest, and let,s not forget Walmart. The Sad thing is all these individuals were employeed unlike some of us who are unemployed and have been for sometime. Theft is wrong and it costs everyone. At least the tan spa and Walmart were not slow in catching their embezzlers, but seriously Carquest has more issues than the embezzlement. 20 months and over 39000,00
Sounds like Ms. Linkin may have had some help from another employee. Or is Carquest just full of stupid employees. From their managers, district managers, and also let us not forget their auditor. I would be cleaning house if I were the owner of Carquest and start at the top and go all the way down.
justice really

West Burlington, IA

#7 Jun 6, 2011
when one steals 39,000.00 from their employer and admits it then I feel they should get prison time and not a deferred judgement. Please review how the judges here in Des Moines county rule and remember not to vote for them in the next election. That was more money than some of us make in a year, and to get a slap on the wrist is a joke. Most people take another job when they are in financial trouble not Ms. Linkin she just helps herself to her employers money. I see in the where they got a permit to replace their sewer, probably why she stole the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News King trial ends after he testifies in his own d... Aug 12 disgusted 1
News Affirming the value of every person under God Jun '16 RalphB 1
News Autumn Steele protest to take place today (May '15) May '16 Will Dockery 6
News Burlington council leans toward turning Apollo ... May '16 jami76 1
News Donald Trump: On raising rates, running mates a... (Oct '15) Feb '16 davy 15
News Rubio urges against mass deportation as fix to ... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 5
News O'Malley has 'zero interest' in Clinton Cabinet... (Jan '16) Jan '16 spud 2

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages