Wreck Kills Two Women -- Courant.com

Wreck Kills Two Women -- Courant.com

There are 16 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 26, 2007, titled Wreck Kills Two Women -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Not long after four teenagers died Thursday night in a crash on Route 6 in Bristol, tragedy struck Connecticut's roads again: Two Vermont women were killed Saturday on I-91 in Windsor and three other people ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

myron

AOL

#1 Aug 26, 2007
God Bless them, and the families they have left behind.
How very tragic.
Enforce the law

United States

#2 Aug 26, 2007
Another tragedy, another question about why there is no real enforcement of the laws of the road.
EG of Hartford

Topsham, ME

#3 Aug 26, 2007
Medina... a moron who uses interstate highways for his personal speedway. Hang him and the rest of the fools like him! Stop bad driving anarchy!
Marty

Bloomfield, CT

#4 Aug 26, 2007
God bless all of these families. Its time to shut down the road system. Too many deaths and injuries. When will Gov. Rell act???? The time is now. No more senseless deaths or injuries, please.
Sussanne_M

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#5 Aug 26, 2007
GOD BLESS These teens as they raise thier spirits up to god. I send my deepest condolences to thier families. Its always very sad to see the lives of our futures come to such a tragic end.

I pray your hearts and souls will get through this difficult time and it will be with the help of GOD.

As for the other drivers on the road; please always proceed with caution and pay due regard to other drivers that may share the road beside, behind, in front, or aside you. You never know when it could be you involved in an accident. They impose speed limits for all drivers safety; not just because its the law. Safety first always...

May you all be blessed today with some goodness somehow someway.

Regards,
Sussanne_M.
Squeenter Squillo

United States

#6 Aug 26, 2007
It so clearly time for some strict car-control. None of this be happening if we gets these darned cars off the streets!
Debbie

Farmington, CT

#7 Aug 26, 2007
I don't understand where people are going to that they need to speed to get there. It's not just teenagers that drive like morons. After the crash in Bristol and now the one on 91 overnight when are people going to slow down !
Hmmm

United States

#8 Aug 26, 2007
I hear everyone calling for enforcement, but when it happens, the Police are just filling quotas, they have nothing better to do, targetting minorities, you weren't speeding etc.,etc. We can't win with you people. Don't believe me, look at some of the postings to old stories..
mad as hell

Vernon Rockville, CT

#9 Aug 26, 2007
i see these idiots on the roads all the time.i'm doing 65 mph and it looks like i'm driving 20 mph compare to other vehicles on the highway.i hope they throw the book at this clown.

Since: Jun 07

Hartford, CT

#12 Aug 26, 2007
Squeenter Squillo wrote:
It so clearly time for some strict car-control. None of this be happening if we gets these darned cars off the streets!
Are you suggesting that we go back to horse and buggy transportation?
Konnecticut_Bett er_Yet

Brewster, NY

#13 Aug 26, 2007
Hmmm wrote:
I hear everyone calling for enforcement, but when it happens, the Police are just filling quotas, they have nothing better to do, targetting minorities, you weren't speeding etc.,etc. We can't win with you people. Don't believe me, look at some of the postings to old stories..
No. Don't spin this, cop. The complaints have to do with hanging out on the exit ramps and at your little spot checks to raise money for the communist legislators, or to chalk up your DUI arrests. The people aren't paying you to pull over someone not wearing their seat belts just so you can look for a better bust to use as PR. The complaints are that people's lives are truely being threatened by being tailgated at 80 mph, while you're busting someone for not wearing their seat belt and registering under .10 because they had 1 drink after work (and no, I've never been arrested).
Konnecticut_Bett er_Yet

Brewster, NY

#14 Aug 26, 2007
You and the rest of the cops in this state that want to work for MADD or any of the other idiot special interest groups wrting the "laws" in this state, turn in your badges and work for them in the private sector where it belongs.
Hartford Butterfly

Hartford, CT

#15 Aug 26, 2007
Stay off your cell phone while driving. I dont want you to kill anyone.
Next time you're on the cell phone and "almost" cause an accident please think of me "I told you so".

Pull over then have that "all to important" conversation.
Affected

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2007
Konnecticut, I have NO idea what you are thinking with those comments. Not only are they callus and insensitive, but immature, false, and completely uncalled for. How can you possibly say that the only reason we have police enforcement is for "communist legislators" and "quotas", frankly, that is complete BS. A third of all automobile related deaths are speed related, and that is no secret. And furthermore MADD is a very reputable organization and was created in honor of all the tragedies that could have been prevented had people not been stupid and killed someone because they were driving drunk. There is absolutely no excuse for driving under the influence of alcohol. It is unbelievable to think that you could be so ignorant and just plain stupid on a night and day issue. What's to say that you have not been saved by pulling over that one speeding car or busting a drunk driver. Your uneducated remarks have hurt both me and my family as we are torn apart by this accident that could have been totally and completely prevented had this person been sober and obeying the law. How would you feel if your family was devastated by a drunk driver who was speeding, and how could you possibly stake a claim that your life has not been saved by law enforcement. The police are just doing there job and trying to perform a public service to everyone, don't be so naive. I hope that you can take back your comments and realize how grossly negligent you really are. You're comments were hurtful and unnecessary, as this has been an unspeakable tragedy from which neither my family nor I will ever be the same.
Konnecticut_Bett er_Yet

Brewster, NY

#17 Aug 27, 2007
Affected wrote:
Konnecticut, I have NO idea what you are thinking with those comments. Not only are they callus and insensitive, but immature, false, and completely uncalled for. How can you possibly say that the only reason we have police enforcement is for "communist legislators" and "quotas", frankly, that is complete BS. A third of all automobile related deaths are speed related, and that is no secret. And furthermore MADD is a very reputable organization and was created in honor of all the tragedies that could have been prevented had people not been stupid and killed someone because they were driving drunk. There is absolutely no excuse for driving under the influence of alcohol. It is unbelievable to think that you could be so ignorant and just plain stupid on a night and day issue. What's to say that you have not been saved by pulling over that one speeding car or busting a drunk driver. Your uneducated remarks have hurt both me and my family as we are torn apart by this accident that could have been totally and completely prevented had this person been sober and obeying the law. How would you feel if your family was devastated by a drunk driver who was speeding, and how could you possibly stake a claim that your life has not been saved by law enforcement. The police are just doing there job and trying to perform a public service to everyone, don't be so naive. I hope that you can take back your comments and realize how grossly negligent you really are. You're comments were hurtful and unnecessary, as this has been an unspeakable tragedy from which neither my family nor I will ever be the same.
I am sorry about your loss, but how would you feel if you found out 5 cops were on an exit ramp or a state road 5 miles away looking for people who might be breaking the law when they could have been on the road patrollong and at least have a chance at catching this guy speeding/weaving and prevented this?

These spot checks do nothing for safety. If they do, why aren't our roads safer? Why do the numbers/statistics say otherwise?

And MADD wasn't created to "Honor" anyone. It was created to exploit these victims so these activists can push their agenda on the government and the people.

And my statements aren't "false." Statistics abound.
In VT

Claremont, NH

#18 Aug 27, 2007
I knew these 2 that were killed. It's too bad that the criminal is always the one to survive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jerking off with buddies (Apr '15) Aug 20 Looking for fun 3
Strange woman on Unionville Bridge? (Jul '10) Aug 12 Eva 8
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul '16 been there 21
News Father of Squantz Pond drowning victim held in ... (Jan '08) Jul '16 Rev D 41
News How Many Bear Sightings Have Been Reported in D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Beemannorth 1
News MySpace In Sex Assault Probe (Feb '06) Apr '15 spen 424
News Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nat... (Oct '08) Jan '15 Billd 6

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages