Firefighters Battle Canton Blaze, Sum...

Firefighters Battle Canton Blaze, Summer Heat

There are 2 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Firefighters Battle Canton Blaze, Summer Heat. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

At the same time, the day's high temperatures took down many of the firefighters who responded to the blaze.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Less Than Sympathetic

North Westchester, CT

#1 Jul 21, 2008
I was driving through the area and passed the scene as the first trucks were arriving. I was able to see the smoke from several miles away coming into Collinsville on 179. When I got to Dowd Avenue by the scene of the fire, the smoke was covering the road like a fog... it's quite scary to think there may have been toxic chemicals mixed in there, given that so many people were standing outside watching it amidst all that smoke that was everywhere. I was in my car with the windows down and i still got a good wiff of it.
Pat Paulsen

Haddam, CT

#2 Jul 21, 2008
Less Than Sympathetic wrote:
I was driving through the area and passed the scene as the first trucks were arriving. I was able to see the smoke from several miles away coming into Collinsville on 179. When I got to Dowd Avenue by the scene of the fire, the smoke was covering the road like a fog... it's quite scary to think there may have been toxic chemicals mixed in there, given that so many people were standing outside watching it amidst all that smoke that was everywhere. I was in my car with the windows down and i still got a good wiff of it.
whats the point? you are rambling on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blumenthal Introduces Bill, Vows To Crack Down ... Aug 7 American Gentlema... 3
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 29 zippy 16
News How Many Bear Sightings Have Been Reported in D... Jul '15 Beemannorth 1
News Panel In Manchester Answers Questions About Islam Jun '15 Islam Forbids 25
Motocross star Doug Henry charged with public i... Jun '15 Son of man 1
jerking off with buddies May '15 ticklemypickle 2
News UFO Sighting: Bristol, Connecticut; Nightly (Mar '08) May '15 Johnny45 90
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages