Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It A...

Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nature Lovers

There are 7 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 23, 2008, titled Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nature Lovers. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

During my visits to preserves or state parks over the years, I've found there's usually something there that draws you.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Lois Petrolito

Hartford, CT

#1 Oct 24, 2008
I grew up about a mile away from Sessions Woods in Whigville, and remember when it was a church camp operated by the Methodist Church. I spent a week at camp and my "tent" was a covered wagon. Most of the kids came from the Metro New York area. We saw all the things talked about in the article - the falls, the Summer House" and the tower. And I remember that most of the trails were paved with pine needles.
Lois Petrolito

Hartford, CT

#2 Oct 24, 2008
Must be the Comcast server saying I'm in MA - I still live within 20 miles of Sessions Woods...

BTW, the Sessions family was a well known family in Bristol, who originally donated the land to the Methodist Church. The land was sold to the state by the New York Conference several years ago.
ForrestMan DNC

United States

#3 Nov 23, 2008
I love Session's Woods. But not just for the abundance of pot smoking teenagers to be found lurking in the brush, rather the locale gives Liberals like myself somewhere to go to worship squirrels
JohnB

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 24, 2008
Lois Petrolito wrote:
I grew up about a mile away from Sessions Woods in Whigville, and remember when it was a church camp operated by the Methodist Church. I spent a week at camp and my "tent" was a covered wagon. Most of the kids came from the Metro New York area. We saw all the things talked about in the article - the falls, the Summer House" and the tower. And I remember that most of the trails were paved with pine needles.
I was one of those metro kids!:-) that went to summer camp there in the late 60's. It would be fun to reminisce with others!
Lois Petrolito

Hartford, CT

#5 Nov 25, 2008
To JohnB

You were there a few years later than I-my time frame is early 60's. By the time the mid and late 60's came along, I was going the opposite way, and church camp was Quinipet on Shelter Island, where people I met there are still friends(one the mother of my daughter's best friend growing up).
Billd

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 24, 2015
Lois Petrolito wrote:
I spent 2 summers at Sessions Woods - wonderful times. I remember two of the camps were named Jernigan and Wagon Wheel. Also slept in a covered wagon.
Jaalynn

Nyack, NY

#7 Apr 24, 2017
Billd wrote:
<quoted text>

I spent 2 summers at Sessions Woods - wonderful times. I remember two of the camps were named Jernigan and Wagon Wheel. Also slept in a covered wagon.
OMG, I remember Jernigan! I lived in Mt. Vernon and always picked up the flyers from my church. There were hogans, teepees, and covered wagons. I went there for 4 years, but never got the teepee. Great making our own meals (remember the clean garbage can stuck in the fire that served as an oven!). Too many great memories to post here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Donovan Jan 30 Wildbird 1
Kay's Gag Shop (Jun '06) Jan 29 Heidi 58
espn (Jan '13) Jan '18 Espnsux 6
Review: Blackhawk Oil Dec '17 Laura 1
News It's getting ugly between ESPN and accuser afte... Dec '17 Zip 1
Kennedy Leigh Dec '17 Zip 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Nov '17 stagdick 26

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages