Posted in the Burlington Forum

Concerned Citizen

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2008
Burlington woman stole credit cards, police say

Saturday, November 29, 2008 2:53 AM EST
By LISA BACKUS
Journal Register News Service

FARMINGTON — A suspect may have run, but she couldn’t hide from local police looking to serve two arrest warrants for credit card theft.

Jacqueline Dubois, 23, of 22 Nelson Drive, Burlington, is accused of repeatedly stealing credit cards from her family and racking up charges before they noticed the cards were missing, police said.

When officers arrived at her home Sunday, the suspect ran out the back door and into the woods to avoid arrest, police said.

An officer stayed at her home and she was caught a couple of hours later when she returned — laying nearly flat in a car passenger seat as though to avoid notice while someone else drove, Lt. William Tyler said.

When the car pulled into her driveway, police said, she opened the passenger door and tried to flee.

“She ran out of the vehicle with the car still moving, but the officer did catch up with her,” Tyler said.

Dubois was charged with four counts of receiving goods illegally, four counts of illegal use of credit card, third-degree larceny and sixth-degree larceny. She took and returned relatives’ credit cards for shopping at least twice, Tyler said.

“They received their statement and called us about some fraudulent charges,” Tyler said.

Dubois was arrested Oct. 29 on similar charges.

Police said she used the credit cards in July at various places, including gas stations, ATMs and at Westfarms mall.

She is also charged with two counts of interfering with police for fleeing twice when officers were trying to serve the credit card warrants.

She was held on $45,000 bond until her appearance Monday in Hartford Superior Court.
~~~~~~~~~~
The above article appeared in the Bristol Press.
My comment is.....It's better late than never! Jackie deserved to be put behind bars over 5 years ago!!! Maybe Jackie and her buddy Amanda can be cell mates. Karma is a real [email protected] !!!!!
MAD_203

Haddam, CT

#2 Mar 2, 2009
wow...so much hatred for some one but true story she should have been locked up years back when she was assaulting people and threatening to kill them...look where she's at now...
Burl Dilda

Ashburn, VA

#3 Sep 7, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/kbzpdpo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Nov 8 stagdick 26
Review: Hot Heaven Pizza (Jan '09) Oct 27 Tommy 3
Showing Lynch grabbing crouch Oct 27 Really 1
Jemele Hill Oct '17 FuJemele 4
Shout out to Farmer Veterans Sep '17 Out West Returnin... 1
Anyone know Kaylynne Losacano Sep '17 smokedabs420 2
espn (Jan '13) Sep '17 John Skipper not ... 5

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages