Student Banned From Elections After U...

Student Banned From Elections After Using Offensive Term In Blog

There are 1 comment on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Feb 20, 2008, titled Student Banned From Elections After Using Offensive Term In Blog. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

A Burlington teenager said she's been banned from running for office at her high school because of a comment she posted online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

Brian

Cleveland, OH

#1 Mar 6, 2008
This whole situation reeks to me. From what I've read about this, a student, in her own blog, vented her feelings and because of the language used, she can't serve in office.
This is complete gestapo tactics to get a student to behave in a manner that a small group has deemed "appropriate". If she would have called the administrator a jerk or "impossible to work with" or even "ignorant", there wouldn't be a discussion. But because the term douchebag was used, she's denied her opportunity (and opportunity that the student body clearly feels she should have, mind you) to represent her fellow students. It's all about semantics. What's wrong? Did she hurt your wittle feewings by calling you names? Aw...should we call your mommy to come kiss it and make it all better? I've got some choice descriptions for the administrators now, let me assure you.
Seems to me that with this decision, Avery's description can be applied to ANY of the administration and be right on the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nat... (Oct '08) 10 hr Jaalynn 7
Kay's Gag Shop (Jun '06) Apr 13 Kim 56
News UFO Sighting: Bristol, Connecticut; Nightly (Mar '08) Feb '17 Luccas 91
News Long-delayed Bridgeport factory conversion coul... Nov '16 America Gentleman... 5
jerking off with buddies (Apr '15) Aug '16 Looking for fun 3
Strange woman on Unionville Bridge? (Jul '10) Aug '16 Eva 8
News How Many Bear Sightings Have Been Reported in D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Beemannorth 1

Burlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burlington Mortgages