Plane crash - Ruidoso News

Full story: Ruidoso News 11
Five people were killed and two others critically injured Thursday after a twin-engine aircraft crashed short of Ruidoso's Sierra Blanca Regional Airport. Full Story
Flight Instructor

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jun 18, 2010
As a New Mexico flight instructor, I say this was a senseless tragedy that should never have happened. This "pilot," which is a stretch of a title, loaded a plane with 6 other trusting souls in a plane built with six TOTAL seats and seatbelts. Completely irresponsible and illegal. I speculate, having taught flying for 25 years and read hundreds of accident reports, that the plane was likely tail-heavy. The plane had only been registered to this man for 15 mos. A flatlander was operating an unforgiving, overloaded aircraft at a high-elevation airport. A classic "stall-spin" accident, by the sounds of it.

Shame, shame, shame. He had no right to take these family's trust and turn it to dust. Bozo.
lcle930

Hobbs, NM

#2 Jun 19, 2010
NMSP Sgt. ESHOM. E-S-H-O-M. Not Eshon.
local gal

Alto, NM

#3 Jun 19, 2010
airport personnel said the cross winds can be bad. this is the second tragic accident in past few years. hope the EXACT reason it occurred comes out. i'm a no nothing regarding cross winds; but the weather was great, and i'd rather see the airport closed down if cross winds can cause that. one person in the plane should not have made a difference surely.
Kim from Capitan

Alto, NM

#4 Jun 19, 2010
You dont overload a plane. That's elementary. Look to Aliyah.
Rumpole Bailey

Malibu, CA

#5 Jun 20, 2010
Flight Instructor: Don't presume that just because someone has said that the plane was over-loaded that it was. The cause of the accident has yet to be determined by the authorities...not by some flight instructor. Your speculation is at best an attempt to appear authoritative and at worst a complete miscalculation of the outcome of a yet-to-be-determined cause.

Old proverb: "Better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think you're a fool than to open it and prove them right."
DEC

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Jun 20, 2010
As I was driving here a couple of days ago ,The sreering wheel of my car was almost jerked out of my hand in what felt like a small tornado this was near Socorro.I wonder if the airport can detect these type of winds as I have never experienced this type of winds on a clear day.Also Rumpole Bailey do you live any where near county line?
Jake

Capitan, NM

#7 Jun 20, 2010
The plane had 6 seats, and 6 seatbelts. The pilot should have not allowed anyone to ride without a seat or a seatbelt. rational thinking.... yes. Pilot error.... yes. Winds.... not much of a factor.
Simply Elegant

Irving, TX

#8 Jun 26, 2010
Flight Instructor wrote:
As a New Mexico flight instructor, I say this was a senseless tragedy that should never have happened. This "pilot," which is a stretch of a title, loaded a plane with 6 other trusting souls in a plane built with six TOTAL seats and seatbelts. Completely irresponsible and illegal. I speculate, having taught flying for 25 years and read hundreds of accident reports, that the plane was likely tail-heavy. The plane had only been registered to this man for 15 mos. A flatlander was operating an unforgiving, overloaded aircraft at a high-elevation airport. A classic "stall-spin" accident, by the sounds of it.
Shame, shame, shame. He had no right to take these family's trust and turn it to dust. Bozo.
Wow.. These people were my friends. We are all in mourning. I can't believe you called Rodney a Bozo. God Help You.
Jason Brewer

United States

#9 Oct 8, 2010
DEC wrote:
As I was driving here a couple of days ago ,The sreering wheel of my car was almost jerked out of my hand in what felt like a small tornado this was near Socorro.I wonder if the airport can detect these type of winds as I have never experienced this type of winds on a clear day.Also Rumpole Bailey do you live any where near county line?
Well sir what toy experienced with your car was probably what we in aviation call a microburst. It happens fast and usually without much warning. Look up the word and see what it says the definition is. It will probably answer your question. Sorry for the loss of anyone you knew on that flight
Cinderella1980

Granbury, TX

#10 Jul 22, 2012
Tragedy!!!
Thomas J Ruthaford Jr III

Burlington, WA

#11 Oct 31, 2012
Clearly what happened here is he didn't file a flight plan, which caused the plan to crash. Having 6 seats and 6 seat belts, fill up the plane. That didn't cause the crash. Not having a flight plan did.

The only Bozo in here is the guy claiming to be a flight instructor. If you are, you are the worst flight instructor. Everyone knows that you shut your damn mouth when an accident happens. The public is stupid and think that the engine stalls and the plane falls out of the sky. Let them think irrational thoughts. Don't give your $0.02.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burleson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 min Freddy Flatus 742
Review: Above All Mechanical Nov 16 Upset Customer 1
Owner vows to rebuild after Burleson restaurant... Nov 16 Jena tarver 1
How Many People Got Kilt In Your Tornado (May '13) Nov 5 Redneck 8
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 29 Gasman 543
Safely on I 35W Oct 29 bpalcwwski 1
Review: Erath Iron & Metal Oct 26 Gman 1

Burleson News Video

Burleson Dating
Find my Match

Burleson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burleson News, Events & Info