Saint Jo's siren call is right for Brock

Saint Jo's siren call is right for Brock

There are 26 comments on the Times Record News story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Saint Jo's siren call is right for Brock. In it, Times Record News reports that:

Ryan Evans/Bowie News Saint Jo's new police chief, Laura Brock, has been on the job since January and says she slikes small town law enforcement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Record News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jmw2560

Killeen, TX

#24 Aug 28, 2013
do you realize she was not let go for budget reasons, and nor were the previous officers. Get your facts straight! sounds like sour grapes to me.
Jmw2560

Killeen, TX

#25 Aug 28, 2013
Wow, you must not live in Saint Jo. The highway runs through our town, with the school on the one side and half the town on the other. People are constantly speeding through out town. Since when is stopping someone for breaking the law wrong? I wish they would give more tickets. I don't care if it makes money or not. I don't want people speeding through Saint Jo. If we make money for the town - that is just gravy.
Billy Reynolds

Dallas, TX

#27 Sep 18, 2013
There are no sour grapes here. I still have friends there and I care about that community. I wish Saint Jo the best of luck. I am pleased with the job I have now and I left there on my own. No one fired me. I was not asked to leave. I left because of unethical behavior within the city. You have been through five or six acting Chiefs Saint Jo since I have left. Honestly I have lost count. When you called I came out. No matter what time no matter how minuscule the problem. I never whined or complained it was my job. But hey that's gratitude for ya. Being a Police Officer is a love hate relationship as the last post proves.
Curious

Carrollton, TX

#28 Sep 25, 2013
Billy Reynolds wrote:
You have a Police Force?? You have a Chief who was run off from the last three places he worked for female issues and some reserves. I say run off but the word is fired.
Does Saint Jo not conduct background checks or pull F-5's on these Police Chief applicants?? It is not very hard to do a thorough preliminary background investigation looking through a Personal History statement, making a few phone calls, etc. Issues/discrepancies on a Personal History Statement/TCLEDDS report are a clue of further problems ahead.

It is amazing how many applicants can be eliminated or processed further in the application process in about 30 minutes.
Curious

Carrollton, TX

#29 Sep 25, 2013
Jmw2560 wrote:
do you realize she was not let go for budget reasons, and nor were the previous officers. Get your facts straight! sounds like sour grapes to me.
Would you care the give the facts on why she was let go to some of us who are police officers ourselves in other departments and care about Saint Jo because we have family there?

As I said in one of my earlier posts, the Bowie News refused to give me the story after I inquired because I am not a subscriber, sorry but I live the the Dallas/Fort Worth Messroplex and I refuse to pay for a subscription to the Bowie News for a story on Saint Jo.

Yes I saw one post that said she was constantly out with her child, but if there is more to the story, please elaborate. Inquiring minds want to know.
Billy Reynolds

Dallas, TX

#30 Oct 3, 2013
Curious Honestly I couldn't tell you if they do background checks or not. They accused me of not doing any. Lol the news paper said for budgetary reasons. Which is funny because they turned around and placed an ad for Chief of Police right after. I doubt if Laura even knows why she was let go. I bet it doesn't say she was out running around with her kids on her F-5. Last time I checked T.C.L.E.O.S.E. mandated that a background shall be done. I am back in Dallas now and no longer live there. I have posted all I am going to on this subject in hopes that maybe the good hard working citizens of Saint Jo will wake up and see what is happening in their small town and most importantly other Police Officers will see these posts and really research a town before they go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burleson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jasco Services LLC Custom Metal Buildings (Sep '15) 1 hr Stacy Mason 3
Water over charge Mar 16 Chalet court resi... 1
News What to Watch: After Senate sideshow, 'bathroom... Mar 15 Texan 2
True Life Church - LAUNCH SERVICE Mar 1 tbaugh 1
News Suicides open eyes to bullying after 13-year-ol... (Apr '10) Feb '17 dallas 6
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Feb '17 Anonymous 42
Burglar in ots Feb '17 Melody walker 1

Burleson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burleson Mortgages