Crowley ISD Reports Spike In Gang Violence - Education News Sto...

The Cowley Independent School District's superintendent reported a recent spike in gang violence. Read more
SCMS student

Hemphill, TX

#41 Jun 10, 2009
Yes, there is gang violence. But there is also just violence, brought on by cliques, race, and arrogance. I am not blaiming the teachers but It seems these days the only thing they care about is their pay check. From the moment you step into the classroom it is a battle to win ears. The strict teacher who yells is hated, even more direspected, and ignored. The "fun" teachers lesson is ignored, the only reason we are in school is to learn the lesson. It seems the only way you can get a child to do something is to reward them, showing that good oldfashioned dicipline has gone out the window and showing the students a sugar coated land, that is the harsh world. I am concerned for the future of my education, but more so for others. I hope the teachers, faculty, and students can wake up and do something!
crowley parent

United States

#42 Jun 16, 2009
If there's no gangs in Crowley explain the latest incident at S.H. Crowley. Every single glass door at the school was shattered overnight. I saw over 8 doors in the front covered with plywood. Is this a random kid who did this? or a gang member who has just been initiated to join a gang?
Strait-A Crowley Student

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Aug 18, 2009
educated wrote:
If you are speaking of gangs, then you should know that "they" are everywhere. "They" are in Mansfield, "they" are in Burleson, "they" are in Arlington, where are "they" not??? To be afraid of anyone is to be a sin. You sound intimidated by them. I wonder if you are white & retired?
I would bet money on it.
Yeah, there might be some gang problems, but I see how they start, I see that everyday in highschool. It starts with people making racist assumptions, just like yours. I know it doesn't seem like much, but everyone seems to be having racial issues and they're pushing them past their limits, that's where the gangs start. Ever since I moved south I can't just look at a person and say, hey, look at those kids! I have to think, hey look at those two black kids and the one white kid. That's wrong, but that's how life seems to work. When did we stop being just people?
lgb

United States

#44 Jan 13, 2010
It is true gangs are just about everywhere. Until the Crowley ISD administrators decide to give the the teachers and individual school administrators the right to deal with it on an individual basis it is going to continue along with the dis-respect in the classrooms and the fighting between classes and after school. They seem to have a bigger fear of lawsuits from reprimanded student parents than fear of gangs, fights and discipline.
momof2cisd

Fort Worth, TX

#45 Jan 31, 2010
Not necessarily on a whim, I decided to take a look on line for things concerning CISD in the news as of late. We are still in a financial crisis for this district-losing half a billion due to a tax break given by the county to businesses in the Hulen Mall area, and the marvelous way that the state demands that we do more with less combined with an increase in student population insures we are giving our children a substandard education.
I've always been aware that there are bullies and gangs in schools-anyone who has gone to school in the last 50 years will have encountered these, its just that districts, administrations and parents have all been blessed with NIMBYs (not in my back yard aka "not in my school" aka not my Johnny). Parents who don't insist that their children dress appropriately and behave appropriately are part of the problem. But ignoring the manipulative bullies in the schools contributes just as much if not more to the problems. Worst of all? The bureaucratic rules that are in place that do nothing to stop the offenders/those who instigate the violence (verbal & physical).
FTR, I have been a volunteer in the district at my children's schools.(Often volunteering enough for it to be a full time position weekly!) Instead of being welcomed and considered to be part of the team, I was treated as expendable. I also work as a sub in the district. The longer we are in this district the more concerned I am over the problems this district is making for itself.
Long Time Native

Crowley, TX

#46 Feb 7, 2010
I have to LMAO at the pathetic excuse-making in this thread. Crowley schools are having problems just like a lot of other school districts in the area, and they are happening for the same reasons.

The first and most important cause is a change in demographics in the student body and teaching cadre. I have lived here since Crowley was just a wide spot in the road, and even when the town was very poor and rural (full of those much-despised "rednecks"), our school performance was outstanding. It remained outstanding all the way up until the 21st century, when at last the wheels came off the bus thanks to the idiocy of liberal education methodologies colliding head-on with the reality that the new student base is incapable of performing like the old one.

Bluntly put, the new student base is heavily multicultural. It doesn't matter a hill of beans whether you think they underperform because of race, or culture, or parental attitudes, the FACT is that they do underperform their Caucasian and Asian peers. They underperform with the best teachers, and they underperform with the worst teachers, at the best schools, and at the worst schools. It isn't an isolated problem that can be solved with a new textbook or plenty of caring - it's a problem that has persisted for 45 years despite hundreds of billions of dollars wasted on liberal education methods.

At the end of the day, you have to ask "Who is responsible for making them perform?" It isn't the responsibility of the thousands of good, bright kids that attend these schools, and it's high time that the administrators keep saddling them with the chaos and failure of the underperforming.

In the old days, you might not want to be in class, but you'd danged sure keep your mouth shut and leave the other kids alone or you'd get a good whipping. We need to embrace that ideal again, and make the schools safe for learning once more. Kids that don't behave, and who just flat can't perform, should be punted out of the main curriculum into alternative school or a bootcamp type environment and put on a vocational track.

If you do this, your schools might again be worthwhile for your children. If you don't, then you should all get used to the violence and the chaos and take credit for the failure and idiocy that you enable. And of course, learn to enjoy watching your children live in terror of going to the bathroom for fear of being beaten or molested by hulking gang thugs that have no more business in a school than a pack of wild hyenas.
Product of FWISD

Carrollton, TX

#47 Feb 13, 2010
Long Time Native- That may be the bravest and truest statement I have ever read. Thank you for not being "politically correct." Reality is refreshing these days. I have lost faith in the liberal public districts long ago. I will not own an iphone, a car with a $250 car payment, or a house over 100k. Why? Because my husband and I spend our hard earned money on private, Christian schools for my daughter. We collectively make 42k a year..and her education is what we will spend every dime on. Keep your state schools that continue to "politically correct" our children. I don't care if you are white, black, yellow or polka dotted--Take responsibility for your actions and your children.
PJKR

United States

#48 Mar 17, 2010
I'm from CA and now live in Burleson. Long Time Native is totally correct! I lived in a small town north of LA. It was an isolated,peaceful town until gangs started popping up from South Central LA. Nobody did anything to stop the gangs. Some 20 yrs later the entire area is a dangerous ghetto. "Ghettoids" bled the entire area of any money and destroyed everything in their path. Save your city by getting those gang bangers out of the schools! It doesn't matter where they go. Just get them out! They are more like viruses than hyenas. They bring destruction,death and decay.
I also lived in another town north of LA that was closer to downtown. The gangs tried to come in and they were literally chased out by citizens and local law enforcement. It was a total community effort. If bangers showed up at a teen party, the kids would hide the beer and call the cops. They were more afraid of being overrun by gangs than getting busted for underage drinking. The cops were more concerned about the gang members than the drinking too and would hunt any gang member or look-alikes down and harrass them even if it didn't lead to an arrest. If folks saw what they saw as bangers anywhere in town, they called the cops. They demanded a report even if nothing could be done. They did this over and over until the bangers/posers got tired of being harassed and went somewhere else. They acted like being politically correct was a stupid joke. They had the mentality of "if it looks like a duck,acts like a duck it IS a duck". They didn't call anyone who dressed like a gang member a "poser" or "not real" like the people in the destroyed town. If you had the appearance of being a gang member you'd be harassed out of town period. As for race, nobody cared what color they were. If that person had gang apparel, mannerism and/or an ugly pitbull that got folks all over you. Don't back down! If you see what appears to be gang members keep calling and calling the cops. Keep tabs on what they are doing.Document everything you see that might be linked to crime.(Lots of cars coming and going all hours of the day? Drug dealiing! Call the cops!) If a gang member is living next door keep reporting them to the police until they are harassed out of town. Get on the school's butt even if it seems not to be working. Keep at it until it does. If you are persistent and serious about getting gangs out it is possible. It's a lot of frustrating and hard work but it's entirely worth it!
New York

United States

#49 May 25, 2010
Glad to see you people want to be proactive and put a stop to gang violence before they take over Crowley and other towns in Texas.
Mom

Arlington, TX

#50 Jun 5, 2010
Report activity to the school police. Send them an email, a lot of times Adminastrators keep them in the dark about this kinda of stuff. The reports given to school police have to be documented and could result in labeling the school a dangerious school. That is why adminstrators keeps this from the school police.
Now if adminstrators do there job in protecting our children the less police would have to get involved.
Anonymous

Fort Worth, TX

#51 Jul 22, 2010
And the Gang members are dumb and stupid just like their parents and will not amount to anything but fill up our prisons.
Anonymous

Fort Worth, TX

#52 Jul 22, 2010
2 North Crowley Students arrested for Home invasion-aggravated robbery with a gun and knife in the Summer Creek Sub-Division. Read the article- This happens all the time in Crowley schools but is hidden from the Public By School Administrators. This will only get worse in time.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/21/23518...
Seriously involved

Fort Worth, TX

#53 Aug 11, 2010
There are gangs everywhere. My kids are coming from South Fort Worth and just the few months we have lived in Crowley I have seen gang activity here. It isnt just gangs, it is the parents non participation in their kids lives. It is easier for the parents to turn the kids over to their psp's and the television and the games than to take the time to find out what their kids are up to. It is sad the lack of caring I have seen from some of these parents. They are too busy with their lives to care about their kids. They will be the ones to blame others...but it is on them too. We as parents need to know where our kids are and who they are with. We need to set boundaries and make sure they are followed. If not, we need to make sure our kids know there are consequences for their actions. We need to be stronger role models and quit relying on games and televisions to babysit our kids. Step up parents. Get involved and maybe just maybe we can make a difference.
Only the truth

United States

#54 Aug 23, 2010
Seriously involved wrote:
There are gangs everywhere. My kids are coming from South Fort Worth and just the few months we have lived in Crowley I have seen gang activity here. It isnt just gangs, it is the parents non participation in their kids lives. It is easier for the parents to turn the kids over to their psp's and the television and the games than to take the time to find out what their kids are up to. It is sad the lack of caring I have seen from some of these parents. They are too busy with their lives to care about their kids. They will be the ones to blame others...but it is on them too. We as parents need to know where our kids are and who they are with. We need to set boundaries and make sure they are followed. If not, we need to make sure our kids know there are consequences for their actions. We need to be stronger role models and quit relying on games and televisions to babysit our kids. Step up parents. Get involved and maybe just maybe we can make a difference.
I lived in crowley Texas for 17years. I moved to new york state where it's alot safer.
REP

Crowley, TX

#55 Aug 29, 2010
jaybebo wrote:
That is why I carry a concealed handgun...protection is the key...the schools are not going to protect our kids...it is up to the parents and the community to step forward and eliminate this element.
lol are you saying you will shoot another child for bulling your child ...kids will be kids and ys that including bullying others lesser stronger kids... as a child i am sure you yourself was on at least one or the other shoes where you either bullied or was bullied by another child .... im not say what they do is right i dont condone such behavior ..... me myself i was always the kid who took up for the kids beng bullied..... dont get youself in a fuss and end up in jail yourself .... word of advice dotn be hot headed , never pull your weapon unless you plan on using it, and make sure the use of the weapon is warranted .... if not we will read about you in the news papers and on any given local news agency ....
CISD MOM

Fort Worth, TX

#56 Feb 2, 2011
educated wrote:
If you are speaking of gangs, then you should know that "they" are everywhere. "They" are in Mansfield, "they" are in Burleson, "they" are in Arlington, where are "they" not??? To be afraid of anyone is to be a sin. You sound intimidated by them. I wonder if you are white & retired?
I would bet money on it.
Wow, talk about ur racial profiling? Who gives a shit if he is white and retired? Thats like saying...are you black and unemployed? I would bet money on it!
Gabe

Dallas, TX

#57 May 22, 2011
I am about to move into the crowley isd. I am worried that we have alot of knowledgeable ppl on this blog and the ppl who really need to hear it never will. I graduated in 2000& there were gangs but they didn't interest me.i pray my daughters will live above it also. Nothing happens for no reason!
Kel

Palatine, IL

#58 Jun 6, 2011
Welcome to the 20th century. Find less to bitch about and put more time and energy into YOUR OWN COMMUNITY!! This is to everyone who had something negative to say. Cant fix it when you expect someone else to do it for you!
test

Dallas, TX

#59 Jul 10, 2011
test
Long Time Native

Crowley, TX

#60 Jul 18, 2011
Doubtless Kel from post #58 can tell us lots of positive things about having our school system infested with gangs, drugs, and violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burleson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Granbury, TX (Aug '10) 1 hr just saying 28
News Former Cowboy Way Church pastor arrested a 3rd ... Feb 28 hoss 1
inguinal hernia surgery Feb 26 drfjr58 11
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Ronin Kannushi 778
Local Politics Do you approve of Jerry Stringer as Commissioner? (Jan '12) Feb '15 Erica Schultz 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Farts 614
How Many People Got Kilt In Your Tornado (May '13) Jan '15 Redneck 10
Burleson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burleson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]