Crowley ISD Reports Spike In Gang Violence - Education News Sto...

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

The Cowley Independent School District's superintendent reported a recent spike in gang violence.
Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sak

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

Judged:

Gang activity still going on school principal s indulging violence . Kids are getting bullied at bustops . I dont understand why 9th graders and other high school children are riding same bus to 2 different loactions. Children on the floor of buses cause their are no seats .Some has to be done I will file a law suit out this world
chsisgay

Crowley, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Judged:

yea there was a spike in gang violence and my boyfriend was part of it....
Rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

dOS YOUR BOY FRIEND WANT HELP?
educated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Judged:

My kids have been and attend Crowly I.S.D.
I am pleased with the education they have received. The gang talk is not true.
happy medium

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Judged:

They are coming in from south Ft worth & Forest Hill.
educated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Judged:

If you are speaking of gangs, then you should know that "they" are everywhere. "They" are in Mansfield, "they" are in Burleson, "they" are in Arlington, where are "they" not??? To be afraid of anyone is to be a sin. You sound intimidated by them. I wonder if you are white & retired?
I would bet money on it.
Crowley Mom

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Judged:

Gang fights are going on. There are also many parents bringing children over and putting them on our busses and waiting at bus stops to pick them up. To educated if your from Dallas why are your children attending Crowley isd.
Gang Bangas R Dumb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Judged:

happy medium wrote:
They are coming in from south Ft worth & Forest Hill.
And Everman.. that dump is chocked full of bangas...
Texas Mom

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

Judged:

educated wrote:
My kids have been and attend Crowly I.S.D.
I am pleased with the education they have received. The gang talk is not true.
Please get your head out of the sand. If you believe there are no gangs in your schools, then that is where your head is. I don't mean to be rude but the biggest part of this gang problem is is that no one was willing to admit they were in their communities. Now they are like roaches if you didn't catch them early on you are infested. They are all over, depending on where you are as to what gangs you have. Please wake up people and let's do something about it, we do have to take our streets back literally. If we don't they will.

Since: Mar 08

Burleson, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

Judged:

That is why I carry a concealed handgun...protection is the key...the schools are not going to protect our kids...it is up to the parents and the community to step forward and eliminate this element.
Jael

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Judged:

The gang issue is just about everywhere! Crowley began to see a rise when they brought in a lot of low income housing...Burleson is following in their footsteps and will soon see a rise in gang activity as well. Not to say that low income "causes" gangs but it is true that many gang members rise out of these situations. I'm concerned about all the sub-culture that is going on with our teens today (I have one teen and one preteen). Everyone just calls it a fad but there is much more than just hair and clothes...there is attitude and that is the most important thing. I think the schools should be more on the lines of responding than reacting.
Courtney Horn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

Judged:

First of all, the gang violence has nothing to do with low income familes. It has everything to do with disipline and how the children are raised. I graduated CHS in 2007 and i can name 5 gangs and about 5 people in every single one! It's a shame that the City of Crowley does not think that there are any gangs...Open your eyes...the Gangs are everywhere! Crowley and other cities have got to do a better job and disipline the kids and stop the gang violence! Maybe if they had a motivational speaker come who has been in a Gang and knows first hand what goes on and what will happen...then maybe the kids will open their eyes also and see that they have to get out! I think the kids need help as well as they Crowley faculty! Crowley used to be an amazing school district and now look at it...nobody wants to send their children here and everybody is taking their children out! Open your eyes and look around!!!
DJJ

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

Judged:

My sons have a girl that is harassing them and spreading rumors all over school that was raped and had an abortion. Oh, not to mention that she had to miss her rock concert that she was perfoming because she was pregnant.(Hannah Montanna wanta be). It is one lie after another. We have been contacting the school about this for a year and just this week she was finally dealt with. This girl had another student pull a knife on my son. The girl is mad that my boys wont have anything to do with her. Until this week, the school has ignored our requests to do anything about this girl.

They sweep everything under the rug. This tells the kids they can get away with anything.
cleardaze

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

First off, I would never call this a gang problem but more of a click problem. You have your jocks, preps, rockers, emo...whatever they call themselves these days. Everyone thinks that they are better than the next. And it's no wonder why they think like that...look at all the parents that are raising them and the intolerance that you all have toward each other. Start teaching your kids to love and not hate.
ajd

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

educated wrote:
If you are speaking of gangs, then you should know that "they" are everywhere. "They" are in Mansfield, "they" are in Burleson, "they" are in Arlington, where are "they" not??? To be afraid of anyone is to be a sin. You sound intimidated by them. I wonder if you are white & retired?
I would bet money on it.
Educated, before you start quoting what is a sin maybe you should be educated on what constitutes a sin. Racial profiling comments you made about being white and retired aren't exactly winning you points in Heaven.Christians are human. Fear itself is not a sin. It is how you handle the fear that can become sin.
ajd

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

I have worked for the Crowley ISD for six years. I have a son attending CHS. You are living in a dream world if you believe we are not being affected by gang activity. I agree gangs seem to be everywhere.
shame

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

Courtney Horn wrote:
First of all, the gang violence has nothing to do with low income families. It has everything to do with discipline and how the children are raised. I graduated CHS in 2007 and i can name 5 gangs and about 5 people in every single one! It's a shame that the City of Crowley does not think that there are any gangs...Open your eyes...the Gangs are everywhere! Crowley and other cities have got to do a better job and discipline the kids and stop the gang violence! Maybe if they had a motivational speaker come who has been in a Gang and knows first hand what goes on and what will happen...then maybe the kids will open their eyes also and see that they have to get out! I think the kids need help as well as they Crowley faculty! Crowley used to be an amazing school district and now look at it...nobody wants to send their children here and everybody is taking their children out! Open your eyes and look around!!!
Your right it is happening everywhere it doesn't matter where, when, who, you are it happens. With or without money it happens. I was young and dumb came from a good family but because I wasn't one of those popular kids I joined and I can tell you some stories. To get in you have to get jumped in and I fought 5 guys and believe me it was not fun but at the end I had mad respect. The other girls had a train done on them and if you don't know what a train is five guys line up and take a turn on your daughter. Ya I'm glad I fought the guys cause after that the girls where treated like crap. Unless you were dating the leader. Well I did bad things and guess what when I finally got caught and saw my so called homies for life leave me alone. Yeah talk about being used. Not only did it hurt my record I saw all the people that I hurt. That was the hardest. And there it began the long road back to earning my respect, trust, you name it I had to earn it all back. I knew better but some how got sucked in. But in the long run it also made me stronger and I talk to young kids at schools and now my children. I'm so lucky to be alive. When you are young you think you are invincible. Guess what some learn to late. But one thing that I saw is half these parents didn't care and some parents were old school gangsters. I tell you parents out there and I don't care if you message me back talking smack to me. But I'm telling you the faster you start talking to your kids even if they don't like hearing it tell it. The faster you realize that it is happening the faster you can help your kiddos. I know one person is going to talk smack so I tell you one thing I lived through it and I can save my children's lives and how about the other parents.
stayathomemom

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Hi Shame. I really admire your courage in stepping forward and telling your story. I had no idea all this was going on. I knew there were gangs but not the half of it. I think it is a good thing you are going to the schools and reaching out to our children. This is an age old problem an it needs to STOP!!!! I have children in CISD and am always talking to them about other situations.....but TODAY you can be assured the subject will be about gang violence. Thank you very much for opening my eyes.
Sumblondchick

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Judged:

CISD does have gangs. I graduated from Crowley High back in 1994. Even then we had gangs. Every year at least one huge fight would break out. The so called cliques had a lot to do with it too. Parents need to be involved in their kids lives and talk to them about everything. Even the embarrasing stuff they did as kids. Be there for your kids, guide them. Teach tolerance, don't pass on hate. Quit acting like we have a perfect little town. Crowley has problems too, we need to deal with it.
Nathan SCMS student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

There r gangs even in middle school though not as close to threatening as high school gangs its going to get worse and nobody can stop this. I don't support it and I don't like it but there is nothing we can do about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burleson Discussions

Search the Burleson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Imperial Chicano 21,562
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Imperial Chicano 17,136
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) 12 hr Roger 32
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
jimmy cooksey Jul 23 savannah 1
•••
•••

Burleson News Video

•••
•••

Burleson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Burleson People Search