Why did I not get approved?

Why did I not get approved?

Posted in the Burkeville Forum

mjaarylyucnosnhu ang

Walnut, CA

#1 Nov 7, 2013
Why did I not get approved?Hello, I am 25, almost 26 years old. I started building credit about a year ago. Got a cell phone in my name first, then later on got approved for a Capital One Credit card and a car loan in my name. Then had a credit increase with my capital one credit card to $500. It is now 7 months that I've had my credit card, and about 5 months that I've had my carloan. I recently found out that my credit score is 630. It said that I have 100% on time payments, but my loans are not old enough and I don't have enough credit lines. I also have too much debt-credit ratio, although I always make my payments on time. I've always paid the entire balance of my credit card, except for the last 2 months knowing that I am getting my bonus check next week.
Anyways I would love to buy a house in the near future and have perfect credit. I was talking to a Bank of America rep and he also told me that I need more and older credit lines to get approved for a mortgage. So I would love to open another credit card. But, I am not getting approved anywhere! I applied with Walmart and got declined. Just applied with JC Penney and they will send me the answer in the mail, which I'm sure is negative, when they say that. Everyone told me that JC Penney is easy to get approved with. So why am I getting denied?!?! Is my credit really that bad? I thought 630 was pretty decent?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tracy williams (reeves) (Dec '05) Aug 22 doekfish 60
single mums wanting naughty boy Aug 21 dantransit 2
flying squirrels vs. Redskins Aug 21 bulk 3
Vote for President! Aug 21 bulk 1
Gay Aug 17 Anonymous 1
Is Bernie Sanders KFC Sanders Nephew? Aug 13 bulk 1
Looking For Family Members For Adams Family (Jan '09) Aug 6 bulk 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burkeville Mortgages