Politics in Burkeville or crewe
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
24years

Charlottesville, VA

#21 May 13, 2008
I have been here 24 years, when I first moved here there were people who tried everything to make us move. People talked about me every chance they got, some talked about me where I was and did not even know who they were talking about. That is small towns. The thing is people say they want a change, but do they vote it? No they are too comfortable with the way things are, maybe that is good and maybe that is bad. I heard a lot of mudslinging on both sides, it was equal believe me. I started not to vote for myself, however BigBird, my husband is ill and I have some issues myself with job related issues plus having to maybe face surgery again. One person told me they were sorry that I lost, what did I lose? A headache that is all, and Joe you can print this out if you want too. I have things to take care of in my home, I still love Burkeville, and I will do what is right in this town no matter what anyone else thinks. So govern well joecool and AllAmerican, remember people are watching and you can not please all the people all the time. Some people will never get it, go on with your lives and try to get along and make it a real community.

“I'm just here to help!!”

Since: Apr 08

Farmville,VA

#22 May 13, 2008
There's always room for improvement.Like I said,I'm not on the town council and I personally don't want the job.Believe me I've come short of the glory of God.My family has been living here since the 50's.That don't mean I'm that old..haha..but..I've seen quite a bit of injustice,since I've been here..My whole life,actually.Sure we need change,everything needs to change with the times.But it needs to be for the right reasons.And I love Burkeville,as well.I only want the best for it.And its not me being in charge.I dont think we need a holiday Inn or an Applebys.But that's just my opinion.I kinda like Burkeville being a small town.But thats just the way I like it.Everybody's got their own opinion.I hope everybody the very best.
24years

Charlottesville, VA

#23 May 14, 2008
Things can improve and there are things that should be improved like the sidewalks people walk on. People should run for office with the right motive in their hearts. Yes I ran and I lost, no matter because things always work out for the best. I am a firm believer in that, however when I sat back I listened to a lot of gossip and talk from each side. Sort of like Hilary and Obama, this is not right when we live together.
The Applebee's thing was a question put on the forum for the candidates to answer. Whatever happened to the citizens asking questions? That discouraged more people from coming. The number of candidates came out for office, it is not supposed to be against anyone but for the town. Stores that can bring in income is not a bad thing, we already have a fairly nice motel on Dutch Town road. A Holiday Inn would be stretching it. But certainly places to attract business to this county.
Some towns are growing by leaps and bounds, look at Farmville, what are they doing that has multiple building permits issued per month? Is it a lack of effort on the part of the governing bodies? No it is hard work and people doing what is right. Granted I like the people that ran but somehow things got so motivated by kingship that I felt it was not for me. When you have health issues and your own husband is sick with serious problems, the other stuff got in the way. I have no doubt people love Burkeville like we do, but maybe it is best that you are not involved in the council. However do not think everything is rosy and the younger generation living here do not want something better for their children.
Sooner or later as VanZandt said the bubble will burst. There is a favorite quote that I have from the bible that my mother knew too, "Be sure that your sins will find you out." She also liked this one. "For I know that whatsoever state I am in , therefore I am content."
Others would say not to hide behind the bible and that is true.
dmouse

Crewe, VA

#24 May 16, 2008
I dont know and realy dont care about all this mud slinging .but i can say that im realy proud of my wife sherry for winning again ! she has put on burkefest for the past 3 years,and this past xmas parade with much help from the watts family and myself. so with that being said i truely hope all this bullshit will come to an end .once again im useing my real name . these are just my 2 cents of it all .so please lets work together and do more for burkeville than wast time talking abuot things we have no control over. these are just my thoughts .thank you all for taking the time to read my post!
JLo

Charlottesville, VA

#25 May 19, 2008
I am glad Sherry won too. And as for those that want to buy votes well, enjoy the ride. Forever how long it lasts.
KBforover30years now

Richmond, VA

#26 May 21, 2008
Okay guys......All of you need to cut the crap with your bogus addresses.....do you really think folks are clueless as to who you are.....give it a break.....actually no one really cares about your negative opinions....perfect name for you BigBird.....cuz you are BIG!!!!! You totally give yourself away......TeeHee!!! Burkeville has a big problem, I'm sure all will agree....Biggest they have would be this group of negative political jerks whom seem to have nothing better to do than to blast it's own citizens. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!! Small town....much smaller minds....you all need a life!!!! And maybe a couple english classes!!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!
dmouse

Crewe, VA

#27 May 21, 2008
KBforover30yearsnow wrote:
Okay guys......All of you need to cut the crap with your bogus addresses.....do you really think folks are clueless as to who you are.....give it a break.....actually no one really cares about your negative opinions....perfect name for you BigBird.....cuz you are BIG!!!!! You totally give yourself away......TeeHee!!! Burkeville has a big problem, I'm sure all will agree....Biggest they have would be this group of negative political jerks whom seem to have nothing better to do than to blast it's own citizens. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!! Small town....much smaller minds....you all need a life!!!! And maybe a couple english classes!!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!
You say everybodys hiding under bogus names and addresses, then why doesn't it show your name and a Burkeville address? If you can't figure out by my name who I am then maybe you need an English class.TEE HEE!!!!!!!You're a little slow on your posting or did it take you this long to figure out how to turn on the computer?!I have nothing to hide, how about you? Since you have now figured out how to use the computer, check out my posting on how to improve Burkeville.Being though you have all the answers.Share your suggestions.You have a wonderful day,also!
KBforover30years now

Richmond, VA

#28 May 21, 2008
The biggest improvement would be to rid the town of the rodents Mr. Mouse(r)
dmouse

Crewe, VA

#29 May 21, 2008
KBforover30yearsnow wrote:
The biggest improvement would be to rid the town of the rodents Mr. Mouse(r)
Thank you for your suggestion. At least im not scared to use my own name!It disturbs me to think you would rather have a child molester in your town than someone you know nothing about !
JLo

Charlottesville, VA

#30 May 21, 2008
It seems that one has to resort to using language befitting that of a person who is out of touch. Frankly I do not care if you come up to my door, as long as I have a voice and the freedom to express it, I will. So will the others we have the right to feel as we do. We pay taxes here and we see what we see. Sooner or later you will too. And you can take that to the bank. If you think this is critical then you just give it a few months. Like Teddy Kennedy all things come to an end. That is not wishing anything on the man but you know what you cannot hide forever from the long arm of the law. Sooner or later the bought off people all have a story to tell and buddy they are telling it.
24years

Charlottesville, VA

#31 May 21, 2008
Dmouse he is probably sitting downtown using a town computer. But nevertheless do not let anyone goad you. If they thought they could do something they would have by now, frankly they have more people watching them than what Wally has. So as Clint Eastwood would say go ahead and make our day. I would rather lose on merit than to win by buying something. The people do not realize that the posters care about their town whether or not they get a little riled is immaterial. We know who we are and we know who you are. In my case my family is very big and all over the place, I know just about every move they make so do not let anyone goad you.
VanZandt

Charlottesville, VA

#32 May 23, 2008
People have problems and have to file bankruptcy that really is no shame. People commit crimes and serve their time and well things happen. Then we have those that are like Bill Clinton, "I never had sex with that woman." I do wonder if someone got introduced to mama or did she have to stay in the background and come out when it was convienant to haul voters up to the poll? Nevertheless as 24years said they have people watching them and I am sure that ole Joe wishes that she had not commented. It only let us know for sure who poster 27 and 28 is. So tata keep on dreaming.
Record-keeper

Charlottesville, VA

#33 May 23, 2008
"Who better to snitch than one of their own?" And you know what KB you definetly have a mole in your yard. Never know when the hammer will drop. So if you are wise it would be best if you just quit fishing and take care of your problems.
2po2care

Charlottesville, VA

#34 May 24, 2008
I think that it was ole Mayo who said that Record-keeper. I just wonder are you a clerk of the court?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Politics! Jan 15 bulk 1
Enjoy Virginia"s Top Vacation Spot! Jan 15 bulk 1
Northern Elected! Nov '17 bulk 1
News Columbia School Board candidates answer questions Nov '17 Zack 2
me too! Nov '17 bulk 1
Nottoway Snitches (Mar '08) Oct '17 Garland brock 3rd 39
Nottoway Commonwealth's Attorney (Oct '12) Oct '17 Captain kirk 5

Burkeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance