Posted in the Burkeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I'm just here to help!!”

Since: Apr 08

Farmville,VA

#1 Apr 24, 2008
Whats the opinions of the up and coming Burkeville and Crewe elections coming up?Who do you think will be in office?Any guesses?
WTF

Crewe, VA

#2 Apr 26, 2008
Probably the same GOOD OL BOYS
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 30, 2008
I hope not but if people want to continue to buy the excuses offered by certain current office holders. Nothing will change. However if you want change then vote for Tom Andrews for Mayor
Sherry Mouser
Steve Higgins
Pearl Bowlin
Zora Bruce
Judy T. Lloyd
Harry Johnson
Earl Moore and work for some changes. However just vote your choice.
WTF

Crewe, VA

#4 Apr 30, 2008
vipersniper wrote:
I hope not but if people want to continue to buy the excuses offered by certain current office holders. Nothing will change. However if you want change then vote for Tom Andrews for Mayor
Sherry Mouser
Steve Higgins
Pearl Bowlin
Zora Bruce
Judy T. Lloyd
Harry Johnson
Earl Moore and work for some changes. However just vote your choice.
Yeah, I agree a lot of things need to change in this ONE HORSE TOWN. It's been under the same dictator for the past 32 yrs. His name is not listed above. Please, everyone just make the right choices not for you but for the future!
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 1, 2008
Actually there are three names not mentioned but we have to go with who we go with.
burkeville boy

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 2, 2008
I have lived in burkeville for several years now, our sidewalks are falling apart those with wheel chairs need help pushing power ones have a hard time, the current politics say its up to state and not them, now holds are coming in some with they are now tree limbs underthem, and they are now off balance people have to walk and ride in streets if you want to get around, if you want this to change people must put others in office. promises of our current mayor are just that and dont come to be. depend on who you are and how much influence and money you have.
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 2, 2008
Yes and there are sink holes that are showing on some of the properties. Makes you wonder how long it will be before something really bad happened.
I understand that a lady on McLean fell on that sidewalk.
countrycousin

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 3, 2008
Yes a lady did fall on the sidewalk and burkeville boy is right. It is time to do something now.
BIGBIRD

Crewe, VA

#9 May 3, 2008
You know I don't really have a clue about who the NEW council will be, and don't care a whole hell of a lot. However, I can only hope that they will do whats right for the town they live in. Not whats right for them. I hope they will be able to work together as a team, and not as individuals. I've been to Burkeville and Crewe and they both are pretty little towns. They both have a lot of GOOD people in them.But as you know in small towns there's a lot of back stabbing, and whispering. If these towns could work together and annex they might in the end just save each other from the county coming in and taking them both over. If they don't watch it they're gonna have themselves a CITY Confidential.These older people need to step aside and let the future happen.
beetlebug

Crewe, VA

#10 May 4, 2008
I wish this election would be over! Good luck everyone
OMG

Charlottesville, VA

#11 May 4, 2008
Burkeville Sucks!!! They want to make everything better, but do nothing!!! They need to get all the "old" ones off who have been on FOREVER!!!
beetlebug

Crewe, VA

#12 May 5, 2008
OMG wrote:
Burkeville Sucks!!! They want to make everything better, but do nothing!!! They need to get all the "old" ones off who have been on FOREVER!!!
Thank you! I've been saying that for years. Especially 1 of them, he's been on there way to long. Although he's a good person, he really has done a whole lot for Burkeville, but he needs to step down. Walk away.
Dooflotchy

Crewe, VA

#13 May 5, 2008
Well, whatever happens-Good Luck to the citizens of B-ville.Remember everything happens for a reason.
BIGBIRD

Crewe, VA

#14 May 6, 2008
Ok, well the results are in. It did not go down the way that I had hoped. The results are Joe morrissette 142,Tom Andrews 50, Earl Moore 151, Sherry Mouser 135, Pearl Bowlin 129, Paul Bennett 122, Steve Higgins 114, Wayne Rickman 125,Zora Bruce 108, Harry Johnson 106, and Jerri Morton 92. Well, there is a couple of crappy things that were allowed to happen, such as - a citizen of this town was a felon but was allowed to vote? Go figure. My very own husband is a felon he can't vote. I understand the local perv didn't show his ugly face, thank the LOrd. However, there is one lady that did not win and she deserved to win more than ANYONE else in this town. This lady has more since in her little pinky finger than all of those people on the council put together. Ifn I could vote in this town I def. would have voted for her, she's smart, she's funny, she's caring, and she cares more about what happens to these people in this town than a little bit. And to this woman-and she knows who I'm referring to, I am truly sorry.
OMG

Charlottesville, VA

#15 May 6, 2008
o.k. lets see if these people can make a difference.
ming-ming

Crewe, VA

#16 May 7, 2008
glad the elections are over

“I'm just here to help!!”

Since: Apr 08

Farmville,VA

#17 May 9, 2008
I feel that the right people won the race.The majority rules.We are Americans,and personally I'm proud to be an American.There's been enough mud slinging about these people.Enough is enough.I wouldnt want anybody elected in office that talks a bunch of crap about somebody else.What kind of record do these mudslingers have anyway?Hell,they haven't lived in Burkeville long enough to know what's good for Burkeville.Just leave it alone.
joecool

Crewe, VA

#18 May 10, 2008
ImAllAmerican wrote:
I feel that the right people won the race.The majority rules.We are Americans,and personally I'm proud to be an American.There's been enough mud slinging about these people.Enough is enough.I wouldnt want anybody elected in office that talks a bunch of crap about somebody else.What kind of record do these mudslingers have anyway?Hell,they haven't lived in Burkeville long enough to know what's good for Burkeville.Just leave it alone.
thank you !!!!!!!!!
bigbird

Crewe, VA

#19 May 12, 2008
you people sure do have alot of crap going on there, i'm sure glad i'm not there
VanZandt

Charlottesville, VA

#20 May 13, 2008
Unfortunately AllAmerican the people slinging the mud are some of the main ones elected, I know who you are talking about. That is alright, some people are not satisfied with anything that or anyone in the town. This is America as you said, however the current mayor needs only to look to his church for the mud slingers, they have been here longer than you have. What is wrong with a city or town with if you come here you are not welcome. The constitution says whether a person is a voter or not they have the same protection under the law as other citizens.
Granted I am not one to say run everybody you disagree with out. Make your own rules as you go. Some people are fed up with a neighbor butting in their business and would not want to move here. That is not good for the town is it? Sooner or later though new people will move in, are you going to tell them that they do not know anything about Burkeville, or are you going to make them part of the community?
The next thing is how do you know how long the mudslingers if you will have lived here? From what I heard some of them have lived here longer than most of you that are on the town council have. They are unhappy perhaps you should try fence mending, some of you would not know who your real friend is. If you buy something remember it can be sold. That said, let what will happen be. Soon enough that little bubble of security will burst.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
today only! 20 hr bulk 1
chic fil a Mar 30 bulk 1
Victoria VA (Jan '06) Mar '17 bulk 25
what is the difference between a rose and a nose? Feb '17 bulk 1
Complaints about Blackstone VA (Sep '08) Jan '17 bulk 228
Cheaters (Jun '16) Jan '17 WeT16 9
Playing without facebook Dec '16 smay1957 1

Burkeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance