No school rest of week.
hmmmm

Lena, IL

#2 Jan 9, 2013
why?
Needed to close

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2013
Sickness! Flu and everything else going around!
Wondering

Buffalo, TX

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Wondering why we didn't receive phone calls? Last year they called us when school was cancelled. That was awesome and wish they would do that again.
True

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Wondering why we didn't receive phone calls? Last year they called us when school was cancelled. That was awesome and wish they would do that again.
I dont know either. They call about the stupid stuff.
patient

Burkesville, KY

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Ok I have a question. WHY IS SCHOOL AND NON SCHOOL SPORTS GOING ON WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT WITH THE FLU. I AM SORRY BUT PUTTING THEM ALL TOGETHER IS NOT HELPING. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE WAS KIDS THAT HAD THE FLU AND WAS AT SCHOOL YESTERDAY PLAYING BALL. DON'T THEY KNOW THAT THERE WHOLE FAMILY WITH JUST SPREADING IT AROUND.
hmmmm

Lena, IL

#7 Jan 14, 2013
for real
another friend

Burkesville, KY

#8 Jan 14, 2013
The kids got on the buss this morning.
hmmmm

Lena, IL

#9 Jan 14, 2013
DUH!!!!! BECAUSE THERE WAS SCHOOL TODAY
Concerning

Coolidge, TX

#10 Jan 14, 2013
patient wrote:
Ok I have a question. WHY IS SCHOOL AND NON SCHOOL SPORTS GOING ON WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT WITH THE FLU. I AM SORRY BUT PUTTING THEM ALL TOGETHER IS NOT HELPING. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE WAS KIDS THAT HAD THE FLU AND WAS AT SCHOOL YESTERDAY PLAYING BALL. DON'T THEY KNOW THAT THERE WHOLE FAMILY WITH JUST SPREADING IT AROUND.
. I don't have a problem with them practicing ball BUT i do have a problem with students who are sick attending school and activities. Kids should be excused from practice without penalty if they are sick. Parents should keep their kids home if they are sick. You are jeopardizing the health and well being of every citizen in this community, the young, old and those with health problems by sending them to school sick. Please have respect for those around you and stay home if you are sick.
Policy

Coolidge, TX

#11 Jan 14, 2013
True wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know either. They call about the stupid stuff.
School Cancellations
This is the school policy according to the 2012-2013 School Handbook:
When school must be called off due to weather or other emergency situations, all students and parents will be contacted through the school messenger phone notification system. The local radio station WKYR will have the announcement, as well as Bowling Green and Nashville TV stations. Do not call school officials or the local radio station for this information, because the cancellations will be announced as soon as the decision is made!
well

Lena, IL

#12 Jan 14, 2013
wondering how the attendance was today has anyone heard? Hearing alot of people stick sick.
well

Lena, IL

#13 Jan 14, 2013
still sick lol
Clown

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Jan 14, 2013
Policy wrote:
<quoted text>
School Cancellations
This is the school policy according to the 2012-2013 School Handbook:
When school must be called off due to weather or other emergency situations, all students and parents will be contacted through the school messenger phone notification system. The local radio station WKYR will have the announcement, as well as Bowling Green and Nashville TV stations. Do not call school officials or the local radio station for this information, because the cancellations will be announced as soon as the decision is made!
WHY THANKS ASS CLOWN I didnt know all this! Im quite aware how the system works but it didnt this time. They have called pertaining to what I think is stupid stuff. So go stick ur info where the sun dont shine einstein!
catdog

Burkesville, KY

#15 Jan 14, 2013
They said if alot of people is out tommorow they are gonna cancel rest of the week.

Albany, GA

#16 Jan 14, 2013
well wrote:
wondering how the attendance was today has anyone heard? Hearing alot of people stick sick.
only had around 80%, but there is ballgames this week so there will be school.
trouble

Hodgenville, KY

#17 Jan 14, 2013
If attendence is lower tue. they have no choice but close !!!!
Policy

Coolidge, TX

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Clown wrote:
<quoted text> WHY THANKS ASS CLOWN I didnt know all this! Im quite aware how the system works but it didnt this time. They have called pertaining to what I think is stupid stuff. So go stick ur info where the sun dont shine einstein!
Wow- you are a very defensive parent with some obvious anger issues. I was pointing out that the school system did not follow their own policy! Seems they only follow their policy when it is convenient for them.
truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Attendance was worse today than last Wednesday!

Albany, GA

#20 Jan 14, 2013
and they sent kids home all day that was sick. They had 3 in the office at the elementary school all at one time. They may have to close anyway due to the weather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving 14 min Planonshooting 31
S10 with primer bed blue cowl hood who owns it? 1 hr Tom 2
megan weiss 2 hr wondering 3
Stolen 10 hr smdh 4
Whos the worst kids around town? 21 hr retardRus 8
Wendell 22 hr Wondering 2
Canít take the heat Tue Tommy 25

Burkesville Jobs

Personal Finance

Burkesville Mortgages