Cumberland County Schools

Posted in the Burkesville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tax payer

Leitchfield, KY

#1 Nov 21, 2011
How are the schools now people say they are going down hill bad and that the staff and coaches are not what they used to be
Tax payer 2

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Nov 23, 2011
Not at the Middle School. New staff members doing real well and the Middle School Basketball coach is great. His 8th grade finished 14-2.
Guess What

Hodgenville, KY

#3 Nov 23, 2011
8th grade basketball isn't the only thing that counts in the middle school. I do believe they have a 7th grade and 6th grade basketball teams- both with losing records! The school system here is lacking in EVERY area.
Caring Citizen

Brownsville, KY

#4 Nov 23, 2011
Guess What wrote:
8th grade basketball isn't the only thing that counts in the middle school. I do believe they have a 7th grade and 6th grade basketball teams- both with losing records! The school system here is lacking in EVERY area.
Just because the 6th and 7th grade basketball teams both have a losing record doesn't mean that the school system is lacking in EVERY area. You don't have the first clue about what you're writing about "Guess What!" Our school system receives many grants each year for many different programs offered to every child enrolled in the school system. These grants are a HUGE benefit to the children of Cumberland County! They not only enhance their academic skills, but, they also are of great benefit to the students' social, behavior, and communication skills as well.
School Digger

Hodgenville, KY

#5 Nov 23, 2011
According to Schooldigger.com the Cumberland County school district is ranked 117 out of 151 Districts. CCES is ranked 625 out of 704 Elementary schools. CCMS is ranked 208 out of 315 Middle Schools. CCHS is ranked 117 out of 227 High schools. This is from the previous years data and does not include the failing test scores from this past school year.
Let the Data speak for itself! The school system is failing. Nothing else to say.
Spot on the map

Burkesville, KY

#6 Nov 24, 2011
School districts fail if and only if people of the community have the mindset you have School Digger and Guess What. Our schools offer the students the best they can with what they have to work with and they do a darn good job of it. Find me people as dedicated to children, mass amounts, as teachers/administrators and I will retrack my beliefs.
wearingblinders

Baldwin City, KS

#7 Nov 25, 2011
spot on the map you should call yourself spot in the universe because your sure not from this planet!oh when you go back take all those worthless so called teachers with you so our childern have at least a chance at life!
Caring Citizen

Brownsville, KY

#8 Nov 27, 2011
wearingblinders wrote:
spot on the map you should call yourself spot in the universe because your sure not from this planet!oh when you go back take all those worthless so called teachers with you so our childern have at least a chance at life!
Good, then you can all these so-called worthless parents can teach your children then! I'm sure they'll learn a lot...NOT!
Panthers

Gradyville, KY

#9 Nov 28, 2011
Would u all please remember u are talking about KIDS an grow up this does "nt help the kids at all....
School Digger

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Nov 28, 2011
No, We R talking about the failure of the Cumberland County school system not the kids. Did you get the notice in the mail?
lol

United States

#12 Nov 28, 2011
does crawley have his degree yet .......
Spot on the map

Burkesville, KY

#14 Nov 29, 2011
Don't blame anyone. There is no one to blame. Stop the blame game people.
yes

Hodgenville, KY

#15 Nov 29, 2011
well have the kids do writing and mathand english they can't our school system believes no child left behind no matter what pass them on.
are you serious

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Dec 1, 2011
Spot on the map wrote:
Don't blame anyone. There is no one to blame. Stop the blame game people.
OMG-Accountability seems to be the real problem in this school system. Yes, "spot on the map" there is someone to blame. The person responsible for this school system. They are responsible for this entire school system and that is a fact. There are expectations and responsibilities for the students but then there are none for the administration/employees of this school system? That does seem to be the mentality of the school system! However. I am sure many people would love to take over the Superintendents job, make mega bucks and not be responsible for anything. What a great job to have in this community. The school board members as well- voting to pay for a board members child's books at the Gatton Academy and the local kids do note even have books. This school system pays their employees higher wages but has less students than surrounding counties. Serious problems and this school system will continue to decline until change occurs.
Board

Burkesville, KY

#17 Dec 1, 2011
It's the Board members who have the ultimate blame for our poor school system. They make sure Jesus is taught. All you need to read is the bible - and you don't even need to read that if you can memorize it. They make sure kids are taught nonsense about the Earth being created by Jesus 6,000 years ago. They make sure kids don't learn too much math, science, or history because if they do, they might find out they've been lied to.
just saying

United States

#18 Dec 1, 2011
Board wrote:
It's the Board members who have the ultimate blame for our poor school system. They make sure Jesus is taught. All you need to read is the bible - and you don't even need to read that if you can memorize it. They make sure kids are taught nonsense about the Earth being created by Jesus 6,000 years ago. They make sure kids don't learn too much math, science, or history because if they do, they might find out they've been lied to.
It would be the superidents fault wouldn't it..........after all he is the one responsible for the staff.
jason

Clarkson, KY

#19 Dec 1, 2011
High school has went to hell. Principals and teachers have turned into pricks. Especially the new ones
nope

Glasgow, KY

#20 Dec 1, 2011
jason wrote:
High school has went to hell. Principals and teachers have turned into pricks. Especially the new ones
I disagree, it's the students that have ruined the schools. They, along with the parents that know their child does no wrong, that expect everything in life to be handed to them on a silver platter. None of the students want to learn, they all aready know more than anyone else, and the majority of them only need to know how to go to the post office to get their check, and that's all they ever hope to accomplish. If the parents would start making a difference at home, show some interest, maybe even ground them or punish them in some manner, things could get back on track. This not only applies to Cumberland County, but the whole nation!
Dont get on here and

Liberty, KY

#21 Dec 1, 2011
complain about it. Do something. If you don't believe the schools are doing good enough try some volunteering in the schools and work with the children and talk with their parents. Parents have to be involved in their child's education too.
Ridge Girl

Hodgenville, KY

#22 Dec 1, 2011
Board wrote:
It's the Board members who have the ultimate blame for our poor school system. They make sure Jesus is taught. All you need to read is the bible - and you don't even need to read that if you can memorize it. They make sure kids are taught nonsense about the Earth being created by Jesus 6,000 years ago. They make sure kids don't learn too much math, science, or history because if they do, they might find out they've been lied to.
LOL! Jesus isn't taught...what schools are you talking about? What's that got to do with anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Light room at law office 4 hr Lilly 141
Gas in Burkesville 7 hr No 42
Kids Taken 8 hr forums 2 13
Darby Lynn Riddle 8 hr No 21
alice b 10 hr Duh 6
Thurster 2.0 Rampage Bicycle for Sale (Aug '11) Sat Short stack 5
superman ice cream Fri curious 1
Burkesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burkesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burkesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burkesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:12 pm PST

NFL10:12PM
Reports: A.J. Green enters NFL's concussion protocol
NBC Sports10:26 PM
Tomlin says post-game incident with Nelson was unrelated to hit on Bell
ESPN10:33 PM
Bengals WR Green diagnosed with concussion
Bleacher Report10:46 PM
AFC Wild Card 2015: Bengals vs. Colts, Ravens vs. Steelers Early Preview
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports