Stop Guns Before They Stop You

Posted in the Burkesville Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Going Down

Burkesville, KY

#1 Dec 23, 2012
I' would vote to repeal the 2nd amendment or create a new constitutional amendment to ban guns in the USA.
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Dec 23, 2012
I would guess it would be less effective than the 18th amendment.
Seriously, how many people do you think will want to help you shit can the Bill of Rights?
I'll fight you to the death on this one.
I think you'll be surprised at the numbers that would.
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Dec 23, 2012
I'm always willing to compromise if the cause is justified.(you do understand, you and I are not really part of the process, right?) If you can get breakfast cereals included in the ban, I MIGHT be with you. Here's why.
Sugar is
an unstable chemical that loves to oxidize as passionately as sulfur does and in much the
same way. In preparing this dish, think of sugar as sulfur. The components of gun-powder
are sulfur, carbon, and saltpeter. Fruit Loops, or any similar breakfast cereal, contains
a good deal of sugar and carbon.(Bernard endorses Fruit Loops for bombs. For his morning
repast, he prefers Wheaties. With beer.) As for saltpeter ( potassium nitrate), batshit is
a perfect source. If batshit is unavailable, bird doo will do. The older the guano the
better. Aesthetic as well as pragmatic considerations make the fresh wet splat
inadvisable. Grind up the Fruit Loops. Mix in the batshit thoroughly. When mixing Fruit
Loops and batshit, don't be surprised if you find the color attractive. In fact, you may
end up with a clearer understanding of art and its origins. For that reason, this is the
bomb recommended to reviewers and critics. Place the mixture in a container and ignite it.
Gunpowder
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Time to get ready for Church.
We'll continue this later.
I live here

Burkesville, KY

#5 Dec 23, 2012
I seriously busted out laughing just now. Militia will continue justifying his right to own whatever he wants and belittle whomever doesn't agree with him right after he goes to his local house of worship. Yeah, that's what Jesus would do.
Pirate

Lexington, KY

#6 Dec 23, 2012
IF gun powder was never invented then this discussion would be about what,knives that are too long,axes or clubs or the many other things that humans have devised to kill or maim other members of the species.Guns are here to stay no matter if if you think that good or bad.They can not be uninvented.
Gone Nuts

Burkesville, KY

#7 Dec 23, 2012
the militia wrote:
I would guess it would be less effective than the 18th amendment.
Seriously, how many people do you think will want to help you shit can the Bill of Rights?
I'll fight you to the death on this one.
I think you'll be surprised at the numbers that would.
The Bill of Rights has nothing to do with gun ownership. They just happen to be in the same section of the Amendments as some old outdated wording concerning fielding a militia, not even part of the original Constitution.

Would you want to tell us just how far you'd go?
Are you as extreme as these others?
That seems to be what ordinary people are afraid about!
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Dec 23, 2012
Gone Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bill of Rights has nothing to do with gun ownership. They just happen to be in the same section of the Amendments as some old outdated wording concerning fielding a militia, not even part of the original Constitution.
Would you want to tell us just how far you'd go?
Are you as extreme as these others?
That seems to be what ordinary people are afraid about!
You really didn't put much thought into that, or you truly have "gone nuts"!

The Bill of Rights has nothing to do with gun ownership. They just happen to be in the same section of the Amendments as some old outdated wording concerning fielding a militia, not even part of the original Constitution

WTF? Do you not understand the verb; amend?
As far as "some old outdated wording", good call ace, its a very old document, but still worth protection! Do you not understand "the same section" provides your right to free speech? The 4th covers search and seizure, and probable cause! You understand the 5th, right? How about the guaranty of a speedy public trial by the 6th?
You seem to consider all of this antiquated, or are only willing to protect what you like, either way, we don't see eye to eye on this.

As far as your questions, how far would I go, and am I as extreme as the others. Well, I'll put it simply, I have no idea what the questions apply to. Would you like to take this opportunity to tell me WHAT THE HELL they pertain to?
I did swear an oath to protect, if that helps you, but you have completely LOST me!
well said

Glasgow, KY

#9 Dec 23, 2012
LEAVE GUNS ALONE, they are as basic in this country as the right to eat and breathe. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE law abiding gun owners are not the problem, WORK ON ALL THE MENTAL ILLNESS IN THIS COUNTRY instead of bitching about guns. Planes can kill as in the twin towers, diesel fuel, fertilizer and a U-Haul blew up a courthouse in Oklohoma etc, no one wants to ban these things. People wake it it is people killing people. A lot of people have been killed with many INSTRUMENTS that are not blamed but when it is a gun a lot of people go off the deep end, WHY? Thw shootings were an AWFUL TRAGEDY and as more comes out this guy had a lot of issues going on and had for a while, why did his Mother not try to adequately deal with her son's issues?
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Dec 23, 2012
I live here wrote:
I seriously busted out laughing just now. Militia will continue justifying his right to own whatever he wants and belittle whomever doesn't agree with him right after he goes to his local house of worship. Yeah, that's what Jesus would do.
Sorry, its not my House of Worship, I went with my grandsons because its Christmas and they and my daughter asked. First time I've ever been, I have some understanding of why they go now, so it was worth it, if for no other reason. Swing and a miss Gomer, I'm more of a "what would Scooby do"? kind of guy!
So you don't like guns, and you mock religion.
How was this years crop?

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Dec 23, 2012
Going Down wrote:
I' would vote to repeal the 2nd amendment or create a new constitutional amendment to ban guns in the USA.
I suggest that you wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which one gets filled first.
bob

Santa Barbara, CA

#12 Dec 23, 2012
Gun ownership is so much a part of American culture that outlawing guns would change our identity for the worse. We are lucky enough to have been born into a country with great wild places that we have wisely decided to protect from development so our decendants can enjoy the wilderness too. Guns are tools as natural to Americans as an axe or a shovel.

The right to defend your family and put food on the table is a right that we won't easily give up.
You Know

Louisville, KY

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Do away with the First Ammendant also.
Gone Nuts

Burkesville, KY

#14 Dec 24, 2012
the militia wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bill of Rights has nothing to do with gun ownership. They just happen to be in the same section of the Amendments as some old outdated wording concerning fielding a militia, not even part of the original Constitution
WTF? Do you not understand the verb; amend?
As far as "some old outdated wording", good call ace, its a very old document, but still worth protection!
During the first two decades following the ratification of the Second Amendment, public opposition to standing armies, among Anti-Federalists and Federalists alike, persisted and manifested itself locally as a general reluctance to create a professional armed police force, instead of relying on county sheriffs, constables and night watchmen to enforce local ordinances. Though sometimes compensated, often these positions were unpaid—held as a matter of civic duty. In these early decades, law enforcement officers were rarely armed with firearms, using clubs as their sole defensive weapon. In serious emergencies, a posse comitatus, militia company, or group of vigilantes assumed law enforcement duties; these individuals were more likely than the local sheriff to be armed with firearms.

Now we have standing armies and law enforcement is indeed armed, so there is no need for the clause that gives people the right to keep and bear arms to maintain a well regulated militia as stated in the Second Amendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It is indeed outdated and irrelevant regardless of the positions of gun owners and the NRA.

I do understand the meaning of amend, and that is why the Second Amendment should be done away with, it was designed to be changed, abridged, altered or repealed, as are all Amendments. It would not be the end of the country, just a mild settling down of the violence.
Pirate

Mammoth Cave, KY

#15 Dec 24, 2012
TNBLOWFLY wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which one gets filled first.
Very well said and I am sure that many others agree.
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Dec 24, 2012
Gone Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
During the first two decades following the ratification of the Second Amendment, public opposition to standing armies, among Anti-Federalists and Federalists alike, persisted and manifested itself locally as a general reluctance to create a professional armed police force, instead of relying on county sheriffs, constables and night watchmen to enforce local ordinances. Though sometimes compensated, often these positions were unpaid—held as a matter of civic duty. In these early decades, law enforcement officers were rarely armed with firearms, using clubs as their sole defensive weapon. In serious emergencies, a posse comitatus, militia company, or group of vigilantes assumed law enforcement duties; these individuals were more likely than the local sheriff to be armed with firearms.
Now we have standing armies and law enforcement is indeed armed, so there is no need for the clause that gives people the right to keep and bear arms to maintain a well regulated militia as stated in the Second Amendment.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
It is indeed outdated and irrelevant regardless of the positions of gun owners and the NRA.
I do understand the meaning of amend, and that is why the Second Amendment should be done away with, it was designed to be changed, abridged, altered or repealed, as are all Amendments. It would not be the end of the country, just a mild settling down of the violence.
"A mild settling down of the violence" as you put it is not justification enough for ANYONE to relinquish the right to bear arms. Not me anyway! The one thing I found relevant in your explanation of conditions following the ratification was that "this was held as a matter of civic duty". It still is, and it is a legal responsibility for some. After 22 years of service, and upon discharge, I was still contractually obligated to 6 years of I.R.R. That's independent ready reserve, a period where if the Government needed, I would be immediately reactivated. That put me at 28 years, almost three decades of service, and I don't plan on laying down now.
You have failed to clarify the questions you had posed like I requested, I know you won't be able to "paste" an answer, but I would still appreciate some closure.
Just one question for you;
I told you, its almost three decades for me, and I fully intend to continue. What was the total of time of service for you?
the militia

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Dec 24, 2012
TNBLOWFLY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing he has one hand full of shit and is unable to reply.(picking his nose with the other)
Gone Nuts

Burkesville, KY

#18 Dec 24, 2012
the militia wrote:
<quoted text>
You have failed to clarify the questions you had posed like I requested, I know you won't be able to "paste" an answer, but I would still appreciate some closure.
Just one question for you;
I told you, its almost three decades for me, and I fully intend to continue. What was the total of time of service for you?
I wasn't required to serve, I was lucky enough to have a very high lottery number drawn for my birthdate and thus never was drafted. I never enlisted because I didn't want to follow stupid orders from ignorant individuals that really didn't care about my safety. Your mileage may vary.

I don't understand the part of your statement that I have quoted: "failed to clarify the questions you had posed like I requested" Sort of twisted and uncomprehensible to me, if you would explain, maybe I can give answers as I see them.
Lawman

Greenbrier, AR

#19 Dec 24, 2012
You can have my guns.... When you pry them from my cold dead fingers. Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people. And it doesn't help when you have militia idealistic people running around this country. Those are the kind of people that blow up buildings and are scared of the government. Also the kind of people that think they are justified for shooting a man for stealing there pickup from their driveway, as seen in another thread. Have some common sense people, we are in the end times and its just going to get worse.
anti-militia

Burkesville, KY

#22 Dec 24, 2012
the militia wrote:
I'm always willing to compromise if the cause is justified.(you do understand, you and I are not really part of the process, right?) If you can get breakfast cereals included in the ban, I MIGHT be with you. Here's why.
Sugar is
an unstable chemical that loves to oxidize as passionately as sulfur does and in much the
same way. In preparing this dish, think of sugar as sulfur. The components of gun-powder
are sulfur, carbon, and saltpeter. Fruit Loops, or any similar breakfast cereal, contains
a good deal of sugar and carbon.(Bernard endorses Fruit Loops for bombs. For his morning
repast, he prefers Wheaties. With beer.) As for saltpeter ( potassium nitrate), batshit is
a perfect source. If batshit is unavailable, bird doo will do. The older the guano the
better. Aesthetic as well as pragmatic considerations make the fresh wet splat
inadvisable. Grind up the Fruit Loops. Mix in the batshit thoroughly. When mixing Fruit
Loops and batshit, don't be surprised if you find the color attractive. In fact, you may
end up with a clearer understanding of art and its origins. For that reason, this is the
bomb recommended to reviewers and critics. Place the mixture in a container and ignite it.
Gunpowder
so following this logic why should we have laws against drugs? Meth is made from easily obtained substances also. Hell, why have speed limits on cars? No one obeys them anyhow.WTF why bother having any laws or regulations, I'm sure we can just trust there are enough trustworthy folks out there to maintain civility. Militia you are a coward, hiding behind the outdated constitution (should we rescind the vote for women and blacks, cause we sure don't want to believe that the authors of that document couldn't see into the future,and we shouldn't have amendments ). If you feel you need "protection" then just go ahead and sleep with that pistol under your pillow (maybe it will go off). You sure as hell don't need an assault rifle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's not be like the Republicans (Nov '16) 34 min Jointogether 172
Drives a Black Mazda 3 hr backroad 5
Solar eclipse viewing glasses 4 hr Natureboy 6
any women with Hsv and looking 8 hr Its a 2
What happened on little renox yesterday? 8 hr Wondering 3
Keystone 9 hr Curious 5
Joseph Spears 10 hr Mary 2

Burkesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance