First Prev
of 9
Next Last
What Did Mitt Say

Burkesville, KY

#1 Oct 19, 2012
"I mean, he's changing up so much and backtracking and sidestepping, we've got to name this condition that he's going through. I think it's called Romnesia," Obama said to laughter and cheers at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., where he spoke to a midday rally of 8,000. "That's what it's called. I think that's what he's going through."

Clearly enjoying himself, nearly giggling as he spoke, Obama continued: "Now, I'm not a medical doctor, but I do want to go over some of the symptoms with you -- because I want to make sure nobody else catches it."

Like an announcer in a prescription drug ad or comedian Jeff Foxworthy, the president listed some symptoms, all having to do with women's issues, the topic of his stump speech. "If you say you're for equal pay for equal work, but you keep refusing to say whether or not you'd sign a bill that protects equal pay for equal work -- you might have Romnesia."

"If you say women should have access to contraceptive care, but you support legislation that would let your employer deny you contraceptive care -- you might have a case of Romnesia," he said.

"If you say you'll protect a woman's right to choose, but you stand up at a primary debate and said that you'd be delighted to sign a law ... outlawing that right to choose in all cases -- man, you've definitely got Romnesia."

But Romnesia reaches beyond women's issues, Obama said. "If you say earlier in the year, I'm going to give a tax cut to the top 1 percent and then in a debate you say, I don't know anything about giving tax cuts to rich folks -- you need to get a thermometer, take your temperature, because you've probably got Romnesia," he said.

"If you say that you're a champion of the coal industry when, while you were governor you stood in front of a coal plant and said, this plant will kill you, that's some Romnesia," he continued, the crowd shouting the punch line along with him.

"You're beginning to be able to identify these symptoms. And if you come down with a case of Romnesia, and you can't seem to remember the policies that are still on your website, or the promises you've made over the six years you've been running for president, here's the good news: Obamacare covers preexisting conditions," Obama said, smiling.

Within an hour of Obama's remarks, Romnesia -- the campaign's preferred spelling, an aide acknowledged -- was trending internationally on Twitter and had hit the top of the U.S. trending list.

A Twitter user with the handle @BreakingNuts used it in a tweet. defining it as "a severe form of amnesia that strikes dishonest politicians."

It's also been on Urban Dictionary since July, when a user called it: "The act of forgetting a statement or belief that you had previously expressed the opposite point of view with regards to."

And, in June, POLITICO quoted a Daily Kos blogger who said Romnesia is the "public unremembrance the governor loves to apply when what he has done and said in the past is an inconvenient reminder of his political fickleness."
The Comedian

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Odummy is still wanting to be the top comedian in the Democratic party and it seems he has succeeded! To bad the dummy isn't smart enough to be the president, the job you Dunbocrats elected him to do!!
The Watcher

Brodhead, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
Odummy is still wanting to be the top comedian in the Democratic party and it seems he has succeeded! To bad the dummy isn't smart enough to be the president, the job you Dunbocrats elected him to do!!
Obama wants to joke and dance his way back into the White House,Just like 2008 all he has to offer is bad mouthing the opponant.
I have watched and listened to all his speeches and i have not heard him say a word about his plan to fix anything .He just hem haws around and makes no sense,He talks around all the issues and dodges the questions.
The reason is because he dont know the answers.
Why did a sitting President who has been in office for almost 4 years need 9 days to practice for the debate.? i'll tell you why it was because he didnt have a clue about what is going on around this World and had to be drilled.
He is the poorest excuse for a leader that this Contry has ever seen he is even worse then Carten and thats saying a lot.
bottom line

Burkesville, KY

#4 Oct 19, 2012
all you white males hate to see a black man in the White House.Too bad for you. Minorities and women vote! BTW it would be nice if some of you could learn to spell.
facts

Burkesville, KY

#5 Oct 19, 2012
First 2 1/2 years Obama golfed over 100 days and took 17 vacations.He should have had the debate about sightseeing and golfing.
facts

Burkesville, KY

#6 Oct 19, 2012
Obama is a joke.He tries to make fun of Romney because he was smart enough to make millions while Obama was a community organizer/shit stirrer.

Romney is a smart businessman and Obama is a wannabe comedian.Who needs to be running our country?
LMAO

Burkesville, KY

#7 Oct 19, 2012
You cumberland republicans need to admit that you don't know diddly squat about Mitt and what he will do. You're just so blinded by hate of Obama you're willing to try anything, regardless if it's good or bad for Americans. Mitt says one thing and you're for it, Mitt changes his position and now you're for it. Fess up, whichever way Mitt's bag hangs, you're right there to lick the sweat off.
LMAO

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 19, 2012
bottom line wrote:
all you white males hate to see a black man in the White House.Too bad for you. Minorities and women vote! BTW it would be nice if some of you could learn to spell.
All of you that NEED disliking Obama to be a racist thing are too ignorant to understand that if he were white red or red white and blue he would still be an incompetent president!

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Oct 19, 2012
LMAO wrote:
You cumberland republicans need to admit that you don't know diddly squat about Mitt and what he will do. You're just so blinded by hate of Obama you're willing to try anything, regardless if it's good or bad for Americans. Mitt says one thing and you're for it, Mitt changes his position and now you're for it. Fess up, whichever way Mitt's bag hangs, you're right there to lick the sweat off.
LMAO
At least Mitt can talk without stuttering like the liar obama is.
Yep

United States

#10 Oct 20, 2012
TNBLOWFLY wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you that NEED disliking Obama to be a racist thing are too ignorant to understand that if he were white red or red white and blue he would still be an incompetent president!
Hey Fly, have you noticed how quiet it has gotten here on Topix since Mitt went to the front in all the polls!!

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 20, 2012
Yes I have, not long ago Bob declared the the election was over. Assfly & nutjob wore out the Pew Research & Gallup site posting numbers, I guess they have a bad case of heartburn now. I wish obama well, but I want him out of office for the nations sake.
Info

Columbia, KY

#12 Oct 20, 2012
How is Romney going to do a better job than Obama, when he can't commit to any one political view for more than 10 minutes?
Is Romney for or against a woman's right to choose?
Is he against or w/ the coal industry?
Does he or doesn't he want to give a tax break to the wealthy?
Not one of u Romney supporters can answer that cause your man changes his stance so much. But you just keep right on believing that it'll help u to get him in office.
And make sure to follow him off that cliff too!

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 20, 2012
If you could form your own objective opinion after educating yourself on Romney's plans instead of one liners & talking point scripted for obamas teleprompter you would know that he will be better for this nation. Can't you blind sheep see that obamas policies have failed in practically every area? If not it is because you have closed your minds to truth.
Yep

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2012
Info wrote:
How is Romney going to do a better job than Obama, when he can't commit to any one political view for more than 10 minutes?
Is Romney for or against a woman's right to choose?
Is he against or w/ the coal industry?
Does he or doesn't he want to give a tax break to the wealthy?
Not one of u Romney supporters can answer that cause your man changes his stance so much. But you just keep right on believing that it'll help u to get him in office.
And make sure to follow him off that cliff too!
Well, I would think that being a Governor would be a big plus, operating a major corporation worth millions is good, certainly moreso than being a community organizer in a corrupt city like Chicago! But the biggest factor by a long shot is he is smarter than your man!
What Did Mitt Say

Burkesville, KY

#15 Oct 20, 2012
It is damn funny that you can't name one plan that Mitt has to save the USA but fault Obama because he doesn't have a better one.

At least Obama has the country moving in the right direction, Mitt has no history of doing anything for the US, unless you site tax evasion and investing in foreign banks.
Yep

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2012
What Did Mitt Say wrote:
It is damn funny that you can't name one plan that Mitt has to save the USA but fault Obama because he doesn't have a better one.
At least Obama has the country moving in the right direction, Mitt has no history of doing anything for the US, unless you site tax evasion and investing in foreign banks.
You think adding 6 Trillion to the national debt is going the right way? There is the problem, people that think like you!
observer

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Oct 20, 2012
facts. romney made his millions selling jobs to china. hell romney and his kind are the problem with this country. he still owns over 8 million dollars worth of bain capitol and is presently profiting from jobs being sold to china. how in the world could anybody trust a guy lie him to run anything in america, he doesnt even keep his money in america. this is a serious thing his past behavior in outsourcing jobs has crippled this country, therefore constituting economic treason. damn people wake the f up and get a real news source and inform youselves, this has nothing to do with partisanship. he is the problem! and as far as the national debt, it wouldnt be so high had gw bush hadnt spent like he did. do ya realize how much interest is on that debt? and the house of reps created a reduction in credit rating all to not work with this president. theres too many reasons to not vote for romney!
Info

Columbia, KY

#18 Oct 20, 2012
ty observer. very insightful and informative, not like bowfly who keeps spewing the same rhetoric about how "Romney good, "Bama bad". But he ALWAYS neglects to mention one damn thing his man hasnt changed his mind about depending on the audience he's in front of at the time. And you'll NEVER here/see him talk about the fact it was GWB who started us on this hell-a-coaster to begin w/!
I think 'bowfly suffers from Romnesia too!!!
bottom line

Burkesville, KY

#19 Oct 20, 2012
I honestly would like to know what makes someone so highly qualified to be President of the United States simply because he is a good business man. Scrooge was a good businessman too.

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 20, 2012
Info wrote:
ty observer. very insightful and informative, not like bowfly who keeps spewing the same rhetoric about how "Romney good, "Bama bad". But he ALWAYS neglects to mention one damn thing his man hasnt changed his mind about depending on the audience he's in front of at the time. And you'll NEVER here/see him talk about the fact it was GWB who started us on this hell-a-coaster to begin w/!
I think 'bowfly suffers from Romnesia too!!!
You are stupid. The "start" was planes being hijacked & turned into WMD's by terrorist, the same one your dimwit leader refuses to call terrorist unless he thinks it might produce a few votes. The international recession was something that President Bush had no control over, nor did obama. Facts are that Obama has failed to help, and actually hindered the economic recovery of this nation. His economic & foreign policies have harmed our nation. You suffer from mad sheep brain disease, far more debilitating & deadly than mad cow disease by far. There is no cure, you are terminal much like obamas presidency, it has only weeks to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas in Burkesville 53 min FYI 24
Red Light room at law office 3 hr Duh 135
superman ice cream 6 hr curious 1
no strings attached (Aug '13) 14 hr homegirl 20
Happy Memories of Growing Up In Cumberland County (Feb '09) 14 hr homegirl 530
Kids Taken Thu holler 12
What to do when a grown child hates you (Jul '12) Thu zoranahasnothingt... 95
Burkesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Burkesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burkesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burkesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Bengals Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Steelers
NBC Sports 4:25 AM
Andy Dalton returns to practice, but other Bengals still sick
NBC Sports 8:25 AM
A.J. Green present at Cincinnati's Friday practice
Bleacher Report10:03 AM
Eifert out for Season After Having Recent Shoulder Surgery
ESPN11:57 AM
Bengals TE Eifert will not return this season