Anyone heard why school is locked down

Posted in the Burkesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Parent

AOL

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Anyone heard why school is locked down and what all schools in Cumberland County are involved?
you know

Jamestown, KY

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Well you heard wrong it was the learning tree
Get real

United States

#3 Dec 17, 2012
What was the reason?
Concerned Parent

AOL

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Who ever made the call should have more respect for the kids that recently died in CT. If you are stupid enough to make a threat on kids then you need to face criminal charges. But this is Burkesville so we will see what happens. I think the who system is crap and someone needs to get in trouble over it.
Concerned

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Dec 17, 2012
What is going on.
about

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Omg what now
OMG

Burkesville, KY

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Just talked to someone at school and they didn't know anything about a lock down.
it is

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2012
it is the daycare....not school
WTF

Bardstown, KY

#9 Dec 17, 2012
When school is dismissed for the day they lock the F--king doors people! DUH!!
Well

Burkesville, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2012
WTF wrote:
When school is dismissed for the day they lock the F--king doors people! DUH!!
"WTF" school wasn't dismissed when this started. DUH!!!!
Woahhh

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Dec 17, 2012
Both head start and learning tree were locked down. Parents were not notified. Police did nothing other than the usual.. A woman called someone who called someone and stated she was going to harm the school. I have contacted several news media outlets and am more than outraged as a parent at the way this situation was handled. Especially after the events that just took place in CT.
Grandparent

Jamestown, KY

#12 Dec 17, 2012
I hope to God someone does something about this. This is not funny!!!!!! These beautiful little children.. The parents and grandparents need to step in and demand to know who this was..... There also needs to be an officer present at every school..

.If that's what it takes, so be it....I'm so sick of people getting away with stuff,, It's time the law takes a stand.. These are our little children we are talking about for God's sake!!!!!Everybody needs to be watching, get your cell phones out of your ears and lets pay attention to our suroundings...We have got to protect these children.....
Apple

Burkesville, KY

#13 Dec 17, 2012
It was the Learning tree Daycare that went into lockdown not the school.
Just Me

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Dec 17, 2012
You know what the sad part of this is. It is gonna happen, and I think threats are warnings but 95% of the time the warnings are ignored. Instead of keeping this quite, the friend did the right thing by calling the police, the police should hold both of them till the truth comes out if the original person who was threatening it deny's it. If she is needing attention she would get it if I were the police. Threatening children is not a game and if I had a child at either place I would not take it back and I would demand some answers.
Parents please, just to be on the safe side, IF she wasn't arrested please don't take your kids back there. If this isn't stopped raged parents are going to start arming themselves and to be frank, I can't say as I would blame them. And if you are a parent find out why you wasn't notified?
Just Me

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Dec 17, 2012
I do not want to know names, but is any of you posting on here got children in Daycare or Headstart? One of my friends has a child at Daycare and she was told it was at Headstart, but that was a rumor from others. They even gave her a name. As her eyes filled with tears she told me Thank God it wasn't at Daycare but it was still to close and she was scared.
Citizen

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Dec 18, 2012
IF there was a situation involving Headstart or the Learning Tree, all schools should have been put on Lock down. Due to the small town and close proximity all schools should have been on lock down. All parents should have received an automated text. You do not hide that information from the parents and You do not take those chances. This school system is taking to many chances and have a very lamed attitude.There has been a problem here for years. Even a child who has threatened to kill his entire class and told them how he was going to kill them. He has threatened numerous kids and the school has done nothing, He has assaulted numerous kids and the school has done nothing. There is also a rapist walking the halls at CCHS and the school system has done nothing. Parents need to take a stand against this behavior because they are not doing enough to protect the children of this community. This school system also needs a psychologist on staff.Having a lock on the front door is a superficial sense of security and will not protect the children of this community. It takes a village and every parents help to protect all the children. They deserve it! Every child deserves to feel safe at school.
if you

United States

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Know who the kid is that threatens other kids by all means let us know who it is as well as the kid parents so we can pressure people to do something. Who is the adult that threatens? We need to know.
Parent

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Dec 19, 2012
All the parents in the grade are aware of the child's name. It should not be posted on this website. It is not the child's fault they have a mental disorder. It is the fault of the school system for not providing the necessary support. It is the school's fault for taking threats lightly. It is the school's fault for literally rewarding that kind of behavior. It is the schools fault for not providing a safe environment for every student to learn in. When an entire classroom has been threatened - every parent should be notified. Action should have been taken and it was not and has not. In fact, the student does not have to abide by the SAFETY rules as all other students. The problem begins with the school and ends with the school. Safety guidelines are put in place for a reason and not for selective enforcement!!!!!!!!!!No accountability.
think about it

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Dec 20, 2012
It is also the parents fault. Kids are some of the cold hearted people on this earth. Sure they are kids, and kids will be kids. But a parent should be on them like stink on shit for doing some of the things they do. A normal kid will blow his fuse when he is pushed, lied on, cursed, yelled at, called names or feels threatened. What does a mental child do? I can tell you all they know how to do which is pretty much the same thing.
If the parents let them do it at home they will do it at school but blame the school for it. Kids are pushed into a lot they do because they beg for attention and dont get it. They play the whole family against each other. If Mom and Dad so no there is always grandma or grandpa.
Bottom line when you tell them NO, everyone should apply by that rule and stick to it. I am not telling no one to be mean to kids but tough love is some of the best love you can give them.
Do you know how many kids are in the middle school here that is sexually active, uses tobacco, curses like a sailor, walks the streets, go where ever they want to go, with who ever they want to be with, and what does the parents do when something happens????? Blames whoever they happen to be around. Wake up!!!!
LMAO

Leitchfield, KY

#20 Dec 22, 2012
Citizen wrote:
IF there was a situation involving Headstart or the Learning Tree, all schools should have been put on Lock down. Due to the small town and close proximity all schools should have been on lock down. All parents should have received an automated text. You do not hide that information from the parents and You do not take those chances. This school system is taking to many chances and have a very lamed attitude.There has been a problem here for years. Even a child who has threatened to kill his entire class and told them how he was going to kill them. He has threatened numerous kids and the school has done nothing, He has assaulted numerous kids and the school has done nothing. There is also a rapist walking the halls at CCHS and the school system has done nothing. Parents need to take a stand against this behavior because they are not doing enough to protect the children of this community. This school system also needs a psychologist on staff.Having a lock on the front door is a superficial sense of security and will not protect the children of this community. It takes a village and every parents help to protect all the children. They deserve it! Every child deserves to feel safe at school.
The child you 'accused' of walking the halls at C.C.H.S. and being a rapist is NOT a rapist!! He was accused of being a rapist by a young lady who had sex with him and later regretted it. I can't prove who you are that posted this comment, but, I have an EXTREMELY good idea who you are because I know of some of the people of who 'issues' with this young man. The young lady certainly is NOT innocent in this incident either though!! It's EXTREMELY unfair to get on a public forum however and accuse a young man of being a rapist when he has NEVER formally been charged by a court of law. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!! That's a lot of what's wrong with this community and our children...hypocrites and judgmental people who won't give others who move in here from out-of-town a chance!! They also go to church on Sunday morning then get on Topix and spew their falsehoods when they're not in church. So very sad!! You know before you judge other people's children, take a look at your OWN children...I highly doubt that they're perfect!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bear shooting 3 hr Cnn 12
boyfriend 8 hr paul 4
Looking for a place to rent 10 hr joy 4
Donnavin Norris 14 hr Close to home 2
Looking 15 hr Cnn 48
micheal hardin Wed jo jo 9
School Tue what the 148
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burkesville Mortgages