Comments
381 - 400 of 463 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2008
agree

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#399
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

yes i agree she needs to respect melissa's family and stop getting on this site anf running her mouth. if i were melissa's family i'd see a lawyer and this whole thing with casey posting this stuff.
god help

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#400
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

someone needs to pray for casey to shut her mouth before she keeps running it and ends up in court over that. god girl your boyfriend just killed a girl with a child and your on here running your mouth and making him and your self look bad.
look here

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#401
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

hear this wrote:
i think they should get casey for aiding and ubeding for letting chris stay after she found out what happened. that might teach her to keep her mouth shut.
i wish they would get casey for something. she has no right getting on here and posting stuff defending chris on this thread because it's for melissa and it is disrespectful to melissa and her family. i think for the boy gets out her needs to find a new girlfriend who knows how to keep her mouth shut.
wondering

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#402
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

haven't there already been 3 or 4 fights happen over this?
just looking

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#403
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

She sure does need to shut up but earlier her mom was on here too. Sometimes the apple really does not fall far from the tree.
anonimous

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#404
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

first of all...you should know where your kids are at 3 in the morning and things like this wouldn't happen. when you let them go out and drink and drive this is what happens! i feel so bad for malissa's family and her little girl, and will be praying for them. i realy hope everyone involved learded a lesson, and personally i am in no way being judgemental but i DO think that the driver should serve punishment! the situation itself was horrible but the way it was handled afterwords was without words. scared or not you should have enough common sence and respect to call help and own up to what you did. NOT RUN!
just looking

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#405
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Yea, suppose to be an adult at 18 and when most everyone reaches this age all they want to point out is "I'm grown". That does not mean running off and have to be talked into coming back because GROWN has consequences.
sweet

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#406
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

anonimous wrote:
first of all...you should know where your kids are at 3 in the morning and things like this wouldn't happen. when you let them go out and drink and drive this is what happens! i feel so bad for malissa's family and her little girl, and will be praying for them. i realy hope everyone involved learded a lesson, and personally i am in no way being judgemental but i DO think that the driver should serve punishment! the situation itself was horrible but the way it was handled afterwords was without words. scared or not you should have enough common sence and respect to call help and own up to what you did. NOT RUN!
I believe Chris did own up to it he came back didn't he and it doesn't really matter what you think his punishment should be its not up to you. Chris is punishing hisself right now with the memories of that night. All of you should just let this whole thing go. Running your mouths isn't helping anyone or anything.
sweet

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407
Dec 2, 2008
 
anonimous wrote:
first of all...you should know where your kids are at 3 in the morning and things like this wouldn't happen. when you let them go out and drink and drive this is what happens! i feel so bad for malissa's family and her little girl, and will be praying for them. i realy hope everyone involved learded a lesson, and personally i am in no way being judgemental but i DO think that the driver should serve punishment! the situation itself was horrible but the way it was handled afterwords was without words. scared or not you should have enough common sence and respect to call help and own up to what you did. NOT RUN!
Can you say for sure what you would do I doubt it You can't possibly imagine what anyone is going thru
Girly

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#408
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

anonimous wrote:
first of all...you should know where your kids are at 3 in the morning and things like this wouldn't happen. when you let them go out and drink and drive this is what happens! i feel so bad for malissa's family and her little girl, and will be praying for them. i realy hope everyone involved learded a lesson, and personally i am in no way being judgemental but i DO think that the driver should serve punishment! the situation itself was horrible but the way it was handled afterwords was without words. scared or not you should have enough common sence and respect to call help and own up to what you did. NOT RUN!
I would like to know how you suppose a mother keep her 26 year old adult daughter at home. I am sure that if you have children when they are adults you are not going to have any say about what they are doing at 3am.
twentyfourseven

Rineyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#409
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

I thought Monday this was suppose to be removed??????? This is the most unrespetable thing I have ever seen. SAD SAD SAD!!! A woman lost her life left behind a child and all these people want to do is get on here a trash talk, give their opions and make up there own versions of the stories. It's the most pitiful ridculous thing I have ever seen. I think people just need to quit commenting on it and move on. This is on of the saddest things that could happen and for people to make such long drawn out topix about it, is just plain sorry and heartless and that's to the ones that say well I know this and I know that. Those people that were there that night know what happen,and the GOOD LORD above, they are the ones to have to answer for anything and don't have to answer to the ones that want to form their opions on how this and that happened. If you have a problem with someone that was there that night go talk to them to their face and have respect for the deceased, no matter what she had done in her past that was her business anyway she or they wasn't born to the people of Cumberland County and shouldn't have to be condemmed by SOME OF them. The good lord only knows and if justice needs to be served then so be it, everybody just needs to LET IT GO.
angel

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#410
Dec 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

MELISSA AUNT wrote:
<quoted text>Her child was being took care. it dosenot matter where she was she should still be alive.some of you act like its her fault because she got out to pee.you all are sick. if you cant say something good shut your dam mouth.
I sure hope her little girl was taken care of, who was taking care of her???? All of this could have been avoided, ifthe people involved had been home where they belonged. Yes young plp need to get out now and then, but at 3 o'clock in the morning??????????
angel

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#411
Dec 2, 2008
 
Yes this is such a tragedy, but you people that choose to leave Burkesville, have no clue about this place anymore. I hate to hear you people say harsh things about this wonderful little town. Yes there are accidents here, there are tragedys here, just like every where else. We are just a small town and every one knows what happens here, but we stick together and help one another. And hey if you chose to leave here, your comments do not mean too much to us who live here. Please all you wonderful people of Cumberland County pray for all these precious people involved in the horrible accident, the children, the parents the family of all!@!!! It is time this is off here and let all family members be left in peace.
voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Jamie Howard
the family

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#413
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You ppl need 2 grow up and quit trying to spread the blame on everyone of those kids. Teresa and none of the rest of my family run their mouths on Chris, Brad, or Chelsea, so why should u all? Teresa hugged Chelsea and talked 2 her forever becuase Chelsea is having a really hard time and it is not helping her by getting on here running ur mouths. Brad was there with Melissa and Chelsea the whole time he did not leave he was there. Chris ran off because he was scared, and he did not know what else 2 do. If I was him I Probaly would have did the same, Another thing is that I think he should only be punished for drinking and driving because the other was an accident and I totally agree with look at the big picture because it was mellisa's fought just as much as it was his fault. They were all over the age of 18 and knew better. She should have knew better than being out with a bunch of young kids drinking. because when you have kids of ur own r supposed 2 be more responsible but she wasnt that night. Dont get me wrong I love Mellisa but she should have knew better. I think that Chris will have 2 deal with the fact that he killed one of his best friends for the rest of his life and everyone else should just leave him the fuck alone. Yall all need 2 quit talking about it because really if u were not there or part of the family (of either parties) or very close friends with them then u dont even need 2 be talking about it at all
wondering wrote:
Cindy,i thought you were more mature and if it had been Kasey you would be raising hell. You try to lessen the fact that it was not just a bad accident but it IS A CRIME, maybe not planned but a CRIME. He is grown and knows not to drink and drive but he decided to do it and commit a CRIME. The comment was made that his Dad made him pay for his own mistakes, sounds like there is trouble from the past. That boy has been getting in trouble for years and everyone knows it, thinks he can get away with anything cause Daddy owns a funeral home and is a businessman. He NEEDS to be punished severely by the law. Oh by the way PLEASE teach your daughter that ALCOHOL IS A DRUG ALSO. And as for the Preacher all he has ever used that church for is to bleed money from people and chase women he has been seen in a few odd situations in years past.
Cindy DO NOT try to make this AWFUL TRAGEDY less than what it is just because it is CHRIS.You are plenty smart enough to know better and I know you were raised to be the right kind of person.
And if law enforcement in B-ville would clamp down on the sitting around drinking and drugs maybe this would help.DO YOUR JOBS!!!!!
Why Is It

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#414
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

No it needs to be a HELL of a lot more than just drinking and driving. He KILLED someone whether with a vehicle, gun or whatever dead is dead. He is over 18 knows he should not drink and drive, chose to do so and look at the results. He rolled the dice on drinking and driving and TRAGIC results followed. He did not have to plan to kill her and just because it was not planned does not mean it is not a crime. Carelessness and recklessness are also elements in some crimes such as Manslaughter and Reckless Homicide.He was not old enough to buy the alcohol so either someone bought it for him or it was sold to him illegally. Let the court and a jury deal out the proper punishment.
Let this be the last one

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#415
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

This is Christy Appleby. I am not commenting or replying to anything anyone has said on here. I am also not going to give any information about the tragedy that has occured.
I am simply on here to ask everyone to let this be the last post. Let this be the end. There is no need for anyone to reply back to another person. I think everyone has made their point.
I know everyone is hurting right now. Everyone grieves and deals with their pain in a different way. No one knows how difficult it is for me to get on here and say these things. I love Melissa like no other. I would have and still will do anything to protect her and our family.
I just hope that people will realize that family and friends and especially Melissa's Daughter can get on here anytime and read these things. I would just hate to know that I was the one, that broke the heart of a little girl for a second time, by saying something hurtful about her Mommy. I know that you may be relieving stress by typing things on here. But please do us all a favor and start keeping a diary.
Write things down in your diary, keep it there for a few days, then come back and read it. If you still have those feelings and think that you may be helping someone by writing it on here. Well then go ahead and share it with us. If not then just keep it to yourself and thank God that your feelings have changed and that you didn't cause harm to others during your time of pain and rage.
Lastly, I would just like to say that Melissa was a great person. She was one of the happiest people I have ever know. She always made me feel better. If you knew her you knew how clumsy and unlucky she was. With that said, she would still laugh and say that's about my luck,huh. Melissa had a many bad things happen to her during her short life. But through it all she still kept a smile on her face.
I have never written anything on this site before and probably will never again. However, I felt compelled to say what I thought needed to be said. And to the family and friends of Melissa we know what kind of mother, daughter, sister, and friend she was. So just hold your heads high and think about Melissa's big beautiful smile and her pretty white teeth shining and feel the love and wonderful memories she left behind.
Rest In Peace Baby Girl
I will love you and honor your name forever
Your Best Friend Forever,
Christy Appleby
wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#416
Dec 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

tell the police christy that it is all okay and to drop the chargers. or do the right thing and get all 3 of them. the other 2 was just as guilty. her death may have been a accident but why did they all do the way they have about it and lied over and over. theres more to the story and i hope the other two gets what they deserve for lying. i hope they get the one to that broke in her appartment while she laid in the funeral home. i certainly aint talking about melissa, i just hope and pray the police will get justice for her.
Susan Bayens

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#417
Dec 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

I hope all of you realize the more you talk about this out here the less likely this case will ever be tried in Burkesville. Burkesville is such a small town there will never be a way to find 12 impartial jurors. The charge of 2nd degree manslaughter is not a slap on the wrist if you weren't aware, Mr. New has a lot to live with already and may be spending a percenage of his life in jail because of this unfortunate tragedy. Do not be surprised if his lawyer asks for a change of venue fairly soon. His lawyer is no dummy and very capable of doing an excellent job to serve this young man, but this will forever scar his client. You guys don't need to continue to beat him up over what has happened, I am sure he is living in a hell none of you can imagine. Many people have requested this thread be removed, hopefully the administration of this site will take notice and finally do the right thing and remove it.
least likely to care

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#418
Dec 4, 2008
 
BADKITTY wrote:
i know exactally who you are<quoted text>
Good, then you know I do have a heart. And this heart goes out to all those involved. The past is the past, and it means nothing when something like this happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Burkesville Forum right now

Search the Burkesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
t. scott 1 hr shelly 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Zeitgeist 146,732
Johnny Seay 5 hr Spank 3
Hurt or Williams 9 hr Question 43
Daniel Cary Jr. 10 hr nae nae 2
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 11 hr lol 1,016
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 16 hr Flint hill bandit 26,203
•••
•••
•••
•••

Burkesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Burkesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Burkesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burkesville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••