How Crazy Are The Republicans?

Posted in the Burkesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 24, 2012
You tell me. I simply can't believe some of the hyperbole stories they have dreamed up about Obama. How crazy are the republicans?

Check out the following story.

<article starts here>

Lubbock County Judge Tom Head and Commissioner Mark Heinrich went into great detail Monday night on FOX 34 News @ Nine about why it is necessary to raise the tax rate by 1.7 cents the next fiscal year.

An across-the-board pay increase is needed for the attorneys on the DA's staff to keep them from being poached by higher-paying counties, and the sheriff needs to expand his staff by seven deputies to reduce call response times, minimize officer fatigue and reduce the turnaround time for investigations.

Judge Head said he and the county must be prepared for many contingencies, one that he particularly fears, is if President Obama is reelected.

“He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN, and what is going to happen when that happens?,” Head asked.

“I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.

"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.

"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said,'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

As a county judge in Texas, of course, Tom Head is the head of civil defense and disaster relief in the county – and also presides over hearings on admittance to state hospitals for the mentally ill and mentally retarded.

As a Republican, he believes civil war is unavoidable if Obama gets re-elected. Right? That’s the first premise of his argument.

Next, he believes raising property taxes would help fund defense against the imminent civil war. This is the second premise of his logic.

Third, he holds that the decision on raising property taxes must be made now so that future contingencies can be handled properly by the county. This is the third premise of his logic.

Since he wants the decision to raise property taxes to be made now to battle contingencies that are certain to occur if Obama gets re-elected, it seems to me he is saying Obama is certain to be re-elected, otherwise why raise the taxes?

Given that his clear purpose was Obama-bashing, his logic seems self-defeating. He seems resigned to the fact of Obama’s re-election – so property taxes in Lubbock County must be raised by 1.7 cents.

<end of article>

Simply unbelievable to me!
What about you?
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Aug 24, 2012
You are stupid!
Mac Attack

Burkesville, KY

#3 Aug 24, 2012
Another crazy republican was all over the news just a few days ago. When it hit the airwaves, republicans couldn't voice their disagreement quick enough. But the truth is, they do agree with Todd Akin's statement as their party platform proves.

Below is an article that I agree with.

----------

The political convulsion over Missouri Republican Todd Akin's bizarre talk of "legitimate rape" highlights an issue that the GOP had buried in its campaign.

While the U.S. senatorial candidate's grasp of reproductive science is shockingly lacking -- he said real rape victims rarely get pregnant -- his position that abortions be banned with no exception for rape happens to be in the new Republican Party platform. It is a stance that most Americans, including most registered Republicans, disagree with and probably didn't know was an official party position. Now they do.

Meanwhile, Republican leaders can't avoid the truth that Akin's call to do away with the rape exception is a principled "pro-life" position. If you believe that the cell cluster created when a sperm fertilizes an egg is a full human being, then it shouldn't matter whether it was made through marital love or a violent crime. So holding that rape victims shouldn't be forced to have the child of their tormentors is a cop-out. When Missouri Right to Life says it supports Akin's "defense of the life of an innocent unborn child conceived by rape," it is being consistent.

I believe that abortions should be easy to obtain early in a pregnancy and progressively harder to get as time goes on. The issue isn't when life begins, but when "personhood" begins. Sperm, unfertilized eggs and fingernails are all life and human. The point of development at which the fertilized egg should be considered a full-fledged person is determined by theology or philosophy, not science. But those who say a day-old embryo is as much a person as a 3-year-old must explain why we freeze embryos and not toddlers. They should explain why fertility clinics are allowed to throw out many thousands of unused embryos every year.

On the matter of pregnancies caused by rape, even staunch foes of abortion may leave a bit of weasel room. Like Akin, Republicans in the Indiana House opposed an exception for rape on the basis that women wanting an abortion would lie about having been forced. Indiana state Rep. Eric Turner called it a "giant loophole." If Turner was implying that abortions would be permissible if a rape could be fully proved, he too was not being coherent. For those who truly walk the walk, the circumstances behind the conception should not matter.

We who support a basic right to abortion don't have to engage in complex arguments over how a woman got pregnant. We don't have to distinguish between forcible rape, date rape or false claims of rape. We don't have to get into whether the man drugged the woman before sex -- or she drugged herself -- or whether a woman wrongly assumed she was at the point in her menstrual cycle when she couldn't get pregnant. We don't have to consider that a couple in a fit of passion got careless. Not having to know these things is ironically something we have in common with uncompromising opponents of abortion.

In an ideal world, anyone who isn't ready for parenthood would take the necessary precautions. That's not the world we live in. I don't think 15-year-olds should have to become single mothers in the ninth grade.
huh

Kingsport, TN

#4 Aug 24, 2012
Really wrote:
You are stupid!
Lubbock County Judge Tom Head said this:
hmmm

Gainesboro, TN

#6 Aug 24, 2012
You brain dead idiots are sweating bullets because your Obama is gonna get his ignorant ass kicked like a dog come election! Lol
Geez

Burkesville, KY

#7 Aug 24, 2012
crazy enough to lose the election
bob

Santa Barbara, CA

#8 Aug 24, 2012
Really wrote:
You are stupid!
It's so pathetic when an actual stupid person tries accusing another who is clearly more intelligent than they are, of being stupid.
bob

Santa Barbara, CA

#9 Aug 24, 2012
Just an FYI, if Romney wins it will be a disaster, but if Obama wins it will probably still be a disaster - just less severe. Hard times are coming. If you think for a minute that Romney is "on your side" - that he will forsake his rich friends and stand by the poor people of Cumberland County during the coming storm, then you are in for a big dissapointment.

Romney's only assignment is to rig things so the rich can extract as much wealth from the people's pockets as possible before the shit hits the fan. This is so they can ride out the coming depression in the comfort they believe they deserve as the America's nobility.

Vote for Romney if you want, but by doing this you are basically dropping your pants, bending over, grabbing your ankles, and saying "Thank you sir. May I have another?"
Opinion

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Aug 24, 2012
bob wrote:
<quoted text>It's so pathetic when an actual stupid person tries accusing another who is clearly more intelligent than they are, of being stupid.
Hey Bobby, do you know me? Are you sure that I am stupid? I know the person that posted all that garbage in post #1 and he really is stupid for posting it! However, he is not the person that wrote the article, just the poster of the article. What is "pathetic" is your jumping into the conversation and calling someone stupid and another intelligent not knowing either! That just about qualifies you to be called stupid!

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Aug 24, 2012
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Bobby, do you know me? Are you sure that I am stupid? I know the person that posted all that garbage in post #1 and he really is stupid for posting it! However, he is not the person that wrote the article, just the poster of the article. What is "pathetic" is your jumping into the conversation and calling someone stupid and another intelligent not knowing either! That just about qualifies you to be called stupid!
it is common characteristic amongst obamites.
agreed

Kingsport, TN

#12 Aug 24, 2012
bob wrote:
Just an FYI, if Romney wins it will be a disaster, but if Obama wins it will probably still be a disaster - just less severe. Hard times are coming. If you think for a minute that Romney is "on your side" - that he will forsake his rich friends and stand by the poor people of Cumberland County during the coming storm, then you are in for a big dissapointment.
Romney's only assignment is to rig things so the rich can extract as much wealth from the people's pockets as possible before the shit hits the fan. This is so they can ride out the coming depression in the comfort they believe they deserve as the America's nobility.
Vote for Romney if you want, but by doing this you are basically dropping your pants, bending over, grabbing your ankles, and saying "Thank you sir. May I have another?"
Hard times are coming regardless of who is elected...no doubt there Bob.
Opinion

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Aug 24, 2012
bob wrote:
Read the last sentence in post #10 again Bob! I think you have just arrived!
bob

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Aug 24, 2012
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Bobby, do you know me? Are you sure that I am stupid? I know the person that posted all that garbage in post #1 and he really is stupid for posting it! However, he is not the person that wrote the article, just the poster of the article. What is "pathetic" is your jumping into the conversation and calling someone stupid and another intelligent not knowing either! That just about qualifies you to be called stupid!
Alright, I don't know either posters. I should have said it was a stupid response to an intelligent post.
bob

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Aug 24, 2012
Opinion wrote:
Is it possible you believe he's stupid because he's an Obama supporter? 50% of Americans are. Do you believe they are all stupid? And 50% or so of Americans are Romney supporters, and most Democrats see them as stupid too. If you believe that most Americans have enough common sense to spot a stupid person, then that would mean that 100% of Americans are stupid.

The point I was trying to make is that we have to start treating those with opposing views with enough respect that we can reach the compromises necessary to govern or we are on the way out as a world leader.

“THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 24, 2012
How is it Bob, that the comments of one person, who may or may not be a republican equates into a belief of republicans in general? It is noise, nothing more to distract from Obamas dismal performance as president. This judge does not represent republicans and you know that Bob. So what about ain't rights post is so intelligent in your expert opinion?
facts

Burkesville, KY

#17 Aug 24, 2012
Obama promised to bankrupt the people using coal for generating electricity and he is well on the way to ending coal mining.We get 95 % 0f our electricity from coal.It cost more than twice as much to use natural gas(the next cheapest source)to generate electricity,so it stands to reason our electricity bills will double along with groceries and other stuff we use.Gas has doubled since Obama took office,it was $1.84 when he was "crowned".
All you Obama fools enjoy.

Read the Obama health care "book" and you will see all the welfare fools won't get the care they get now,same for seniors.
LMAO

Burkesville, KY

#18 Aug 25, 2012
In case you haven’t been near a computer, Head became a household name from Dallas to Dubai when he predicted a United Nations invasion of the Lone Star State if Barack Obama wins re-election this fall.

“I’m thinking the worst,” he told Fox34.“Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war, maybe. And we’re not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations. We’re talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.”

“I guess this is what happens when you get all your information from Fox News,” the Democratic chief concluded.“This would be truly funny if it were a skit on SNL. The fact that these were serious utterances by a supposedly responsible elected official make the entire episode horribly sad, but unfortunately, not even slightly unusual in today’s Republican Party.”

There were two basic reactions to the words of Lubbock County Judge Tom Head, which became a YouTube sensation after he uttered them on a local Fox TV affiliate: Did he really say those things?(Yep!) And what should we do about it?(Dunno.)

“It’s really up to Judge (Tom) Head to do the right thing and resign and stop embarrassing Lubbock County,” Lubbock County Democratic chair Kenny Ketner told CNN.“I wish we were getting worldwide attention for something better than a crazy county judge. But what are you going to do?”

If you’re the Texas Democratic Party, you definitely know what to do. State Democratic chair Gilberto Hinojosa issued a blistering statement questioning, among other things, the county judge’s “mental competency.”

In response to Head’s warnings, Lubbock lawyer Rod Hobson adorned the outside of his Lubbock office with U.N. flags to express his horror (or sense of humor).

“”Well you can either laugh or you can cry. When I saw the story I thought, once again, Lubbock is going to be the laughingstock of the entire nation,” Hobson told Fox34.“It’s like the light’s on, but no one is home.… I’d just like to think he’s off his meds.”

"There are a lot of unanswered questions here,” Texas Democratic chair Hinojosa continued.“Does Judge Head expect the United Nations to come in riding a couple of combines? Does Lubbock also need an Air Force? A Navy? Will the revenues from this tax increase be put into a dedicated account to fight the U.N. invasion? Will the money be returned to taxpayers if the U.N. army doesn’t make it into Lubbock County? What will happen if the Sweetwater militia defeats the vicious blue-beanie peace-keepers before they reach Lubbock?”

/

Best line of all was “I guess this is what happens when you get all your information from Fox News”

LMAO
LMAO

Burkesville, KY

#19 Aug 25, 2012
First you get a crazy republican to say something ignorant, then you get more right wing nuts backing them up. If this person was not serious, it would be funny. Check out the letter from a republican backer below.

God bless Head: Protect Second Amendment

God bless Judge Tom Head! Finally a government official with the guts to recognize the threat of federal officials that are openly attempting to rerewrite, bypass, modify the very U.S. Constitution that they swore to uphold.

If this attack against the Constitution ,and in particular the Second Amendment, isn’t stopped and the United Nations is allowed to confiscate our weapons, then every other Amendment is worthless because we the citizens no longer have the ability to defend and protect ourselves and neighbors from tyranny.

Our forefathers risked their lives to include the right to own and bear arms to protect against enemies both foreign and domestic (including our own government) and hundreds of thousands gave their lives to protect the Constitution.

The local liberals criticizing Tom Head are the ones violating the U.S. Constitution and should resign. I’m willing, as are many in Texas, to give my life to defend my right to bear arms, and I would hope Tom Head and other local law enforcement won’t stand by and watch U.N. troops pillage Lubbock.

BRUCE MOTLONG/Lubbock

http://lubbockonline.com/editorials/2012-08-2...
What Was He Thinking

Burkesville, KY

#20 Aug 25, 2012
I’ve got different advice for Democrats and Republicans in the wake of Mitt Romney’s latest eruption of idiocy, when he preened during a Michigan campaign stop Friday that “nobody asks for my birth certificate. Everyone knows I was born and raised here.”

For Dems: Keep your heads. Within minutes of Romney saying this, my e-mail inbox was hit three times with reactions from Democratic candidates, lumping Romney in with the nutso birthers.

As Romney campaign officials confirmed, this was just a (lame) attempt at a joke, Romney trying to be all folksy again and botching it. It was not part of his prepared remarks. He’s no good at common-touch references, and his awkwardness melts humor into embarrassment when he goes off-script.

For Republicans:

Get control of your guy. This may have been intended as a joke, but it’s not remotely funny because it smacks of a racist and entitled point of view.

The point of jabbing at Obama about his birth certificate (which has been authenticated) is to remind people that he’s “other,” that his dad was a Kenyan and an immigrant. It’s to capitalize on the president’s innate differences, including the fact that he’s African American.

It also betrays Romney’s utter tone deafness about the nature of American opportunity. He’s a rich guy who was born to rich parents and had every opportunity available to him. Private schools. Elite colleges. He’d have to have been a spectacular dolt to fail.

It’s beyond coarse for him to be denigrating, even in jest, the background of a guy like Obama, who was born to several distinct disadvantages, including poverty, and worked his way past them to become the leader of the free world. It’s worse that Romney did it for yucks in front of a red-meat Republican crowd in Oakland County, home to some of the nation’s wealthiest zip codes.

Whatever they think of Obama’s policies, Romney and the GOP, they ought to be championing Obama’s life story. He is a product of American opportunity — the very thing the Republicans are asking people to believe in when they go to the polls in November.
Listen

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Aug 25, 2012
Hey dumb ass, didn't you read post #1 before commenting on the subject?

Who, in Burkesville, KY, gives a shit about what some nut case judge in Lookingback, Texas has to say about anything!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg and Angie 2 hr Lmao 3
Alice 3 hr sleepy 12
Dill family 8 hr Sthu 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr Update 771
Gettin it all 10 hr hung 7
Melisa White 20 hr Its me 12
BBQ Destinations? 23 hr hoTrods 36

Burkesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burkesville Mortgages