'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 253418 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

potter

Boise, ID

#46493 Aug 28, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
And The Line Gets Longer Every Day...
They probably are in college on govt. retraining programs..
And as for work??
Due to the drought alot of the cabbage picking is being done by the f
armers themselves as to cut back on spending..LMAO!!
Some are in college on Government training programs, and a lot more will have to in order to keep up with the changing times.The drought is terrible, I'm afraid that will get worse in the years to come,hope not. But that can't be blamed on any political party.
Hey

Columbia, KY

#46494 Aug 28, 2012
Yes I feel Bad For Those Hit By It,And Now Louisiana Is Looking Another Hurricane Head On..
potter

Boise, ID

#46495 Aug 28, 2012
Hey wrote:
Yes I feel Bad For Those Hit By It,And Now Louisiana Is Looking Another Hurricane Head On..
Tell me about it .I'm in the path also,I live in the county closest to Louisiana{New Orleans}.We were destroyed by Katrina.Our surge is 6 to 12 feet.I'm not on the water. We have alot of people staying with us because of the surge.All prepared .Just waiting for the lights to go out,hope not,but prepared anyway.
We won

Clarksville, TN

#46496 Aug 28, 2012
We will win again!!

You will lose because you don't like men sleeping with men, or women flushing a fetus, or sharing your money.

Ha ha, jokes on you!!!!!!!!!!

Obama in 2012!!!!!!!!!!
Hey

Campbellsville, KY

#46497 Aug 28, 2012
potter wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it .I'm in the path also,I live in the county closest to Louisiana{New Orleans}.We were destroyed by Katrina.Our surge is 6 to 12 feet.I'm not on the water. We have alot of people staying with us because of the surge.All prepared .Just waiting for the lights to go out,hope not,but prepared anyway.
Be safe my friend and God be with you and those around you..
Bitter Beer Face

Elkhorn City, KY

#46498 Aug 28, 2012
We won wrote:
We will win again!!
You will lose because you don't like men sleeping with men, or women flushing a fetus, or sharing your money.
Ha ha, jokes on you!!!!!!!!!!
Obama in 2012!!!!!!!!!!
If he does it won't be by my vote . 4 more of the same ,pure failure ,lies more down grading . Holder a criminal Pelosi ,Reid ,sh!t talking Biden . The outhouse gang they ain't no way in hell .
Bitter Beer Face

Elkhorn City, KY

#46499 Aug 28, 2012
potter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang in there people Hopes and Prayers .
Jay

Springville, TN

#46500 Aug 28, 2012
potter wrote:
<quoted text>

In spite of our opposing viewpoints, I wish you well, and that of the safety of your family and all those you love.
potter

Boise, ID

#46501 Aug 28, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Be safe my friend and God be with you and those around you..
Thank you,and same to you.Wind is really gusting now.
NUTS 4 Mitt

Newbern, TN

#46502 Aug 28, 2012
whitehair wrote:
There have been several hundred coal miners already laid off at the shut down coal mines.There will be another 1000 or so,aluminum smelter jobs lost due to power companies changing from coal to gas because of the EPA and Obama `s kill coal.The power companies have to raise rates.The smelter in Hawesville has sent out letters of closing.There are 8 aluminum smelters in the U.S. When 2 close and move to China,by my math,that leaves 6.Thanks to this administration.
We all want clean air,pure water.Something is wrong with the picture ,however.
In my neck of the woods we have lost many jobs that were sent to China. Our biggest employer Goodyear Tire shut down last year and went overseas. Years ago they employed up to 3,000 people with good pay and benefits but hard work. Now our area has nothing for anybody. You people aren't the only ones competing with China.
Regulations had nothing to do with the jobs lost in our area. It's the big business moving to China for slave labor and higher profits like Romney did when he owned business'.
You never hear any politican get up and say, "We're going to stop your jobs from moving offshore"....do you?
potter

Boise, ID

#46503 Aug 28, 2012
Bitter Beer Face wrote:
<quoted text>Hang in there people H
opes and Prayers .
Thanks again.I tell ya what, it doesn't matter what political party were for ,when it comes down to it we all want whats best for our fellow man or woman.Thanks.
Jay

Springville, TN

#46504 Aug 28, 2012
I think if you take the time to read this you will know who Mitt Romney is.

Obama’s False Attacks

http://www.mittromney.com :80/blogs/mitts-view/2012/06/o bamas-false-attacks?cct_info=1 |25219|7946991837|138422374|77 94059974||24458078854|tc||d||w ww.wnd.com|&cct_ver=3& cct_bk=campaign%20barack%20oba ma&gclid=CJaRuYrihLICFQfon AodqFgA7A
Art Freen

Hopkinsville, KY

#46505 Aug 28, 2012
whitehair wrote:
There have been several hundred coal miners already laid off at the shut down coal mines.There will be another 1000 or so,aluminum smelter jobs lost due to power companies changing from coal to gas because of the EPA and Obama `s kill coal.The power companies have to raise rates.The smelter in Hawesville has sent out letters of closing.There are 8 aluminum smelters in the U.S. When 2 close and move to China,by my math,that leaves 6.Thanks to this administration.
We all want clean air,pure water.Something is wrong with the picture ,however.
Still trying to peddle the lie that Big Rivers is switching from coal to gas? And the lie that they're raising rates? And the lie that the EPA has anything to do with the first two lies?

And unless Century sent out those letters in the last 4 days, it's also a lie that the smelter in Hawesville is closing.

Fact: Big Rivers uses coal and has no plans to convert to natural gas now or in the near future.

Fact: The last rate increase for Big Rivers was in November 2011 and obviously had nothing to do with a non-existent switch from coal to gas.

Fact: Century has asked for rate concessions--that means a deacrease-- for the Hawesville smelter, which would mean that residential customers' rates would go up to make up the difference.

Fact: global demand for aluminum has been down for the last 2-3 years.

Fact: Those power generating companies that have transitioned from coal to natural gas (note, Big Rivers, the company that supplies Century's Hawesville smelter is NOT one of them) have done so because natural gas is cheaper and burns cleaner than coal.

These are simple, verifiable facts. Trying to lay any of this on the "EPA", "Obama" or the nonsensical "kill coal" meme, is rooted either in ignorance or dishonesty. Take your pick.
Jay

Springville, TN

#46506 Aug 28, 2012
I was afraid it wouldn't post that long link...so maybe this will come through?

Obama’s False Attacks

OBAMA MYTH: Destroying companies

REALITY: Governor Romney’s private sector record is one of success and turnaround, despite many investments in companies that were failing at the time.

Eighty percent of the companies Bain Capital has invested in from its founding to today have grown revenues. When companies grow, they are able to hire more workers and our economy grows.

Bain Capital pursued an investment strategy that often included targeting companies in decline and trying to turn them around. In most cases, it held the companies for many years and invested a significant amount of human and financial capital into improving operations to help revive these struggling companies.

When President Obama attacks Governor Romney’s record in the private sector, he’s also attacking our country’s greatest engine for job creation: the free enterprise system.

OBAMA MYTH: Rich businessmen profited most from the firm’s investments.

REALITY: The major investment beneficiaries of Mitt Romney’s work in private equity – and private equity in general – are the investors in the fund.

The investors include pension funds, charities, and universities. In fact, over half the money invested in private equity is from pension funds and charitable foundations alone. The success of private equity investments helps provide secure retirements for seniors, allows charities to serve their communities, and provides universities with the resources they need to educate our youth.

In addition, state and local governments depend on higher returns from private equity investments to fund employee retirements without cutting into operating budgets. When investments don’t perform, state and local governments must offset gaps in investment returns by using tax dollars otherwise spent on local programs. In California, for example, one study has shown that a 0.25% decrease in investment returns could cost local municipalities and school districts $300 million per year. That’s $300 million less being spent on vital local programs.

When private equity succeeds, it is not just companies that thrive -- it is retirees, charities, local communities, and universities that benefit the most.

OBAMA MYTH: Bankrupting a successful steel mill in Kansas City, MO.

REALITY: The GS Technologies plant that Barack Obama has used to attack Mitt Romney was scheduled to be closed if Romney and his colleagues hadn’t bought the plant and tried to help turn it around.

In 1993, GS Technologies, a company Bain Capital had invested in, purchased a struggling Kansas City steel plant from Armco. Prior to this investment, Armco announced plans to close the Kansas City plant if a buyer could not be found.

This investment – and $170 million in upgrades – kept the Kansas City plant competitive in a tough international market and saved the steel workers’ jobs for eight years.

Two years after Mitt Romney left Bain Capital, the GS Technologies plant was closed because of foreign steel dumping into the U.S. market. Thirty-one other steel companies declared bankruptcy during the same period.

During his three and a half years in office, President Obama has consistently failed to take the steps necessary to protect American manufacturing from unfairly-subsidized Chinese imports. On day one, President Romney will designate China a currency manipulator and take the steps necessary to make American manufacturing competitive again.
Jay

Springville, TN

#46507 Aug 28, 2012
Part 2

OBAMA MYTH: Shutting down a successful paper plant in Marion, IN.

REALITY: The paper plant in Marion, IN was losing money when Ampad bought it to try to turn it around.

In 1992, Bain Capital invested in American Paper & Pad, or Ampad. Two years later – while Governor Romney was on a leave of absence to run for U.S. Senate against the late Ted Kennedy – Ampad purchased the assets of an unprofitable plant in Marion, Indiana from Smith Corona.

This was not a healthy plant: In the year preceding Ampad’s purchase, the Marion plant lost more than $1.6 million dollars.

Though the Marion plant would later close, Ampad added nearly 2,500 jobs at other plants between Bain Capital’s initial investment and the sale of its majority interest. During this same period, revenues grew dramatically from $8.8 million to more than $580 million.

OBAMA MYTH: A “Corporate Raider”

FACT: Even President Obama’s supporters acknowledge this isn’t true. Steve Rattner, President Obama’s former car czar, said that Governor Romney was the “furthest thing” from a corporate raider. Governor Deval Patrick rejected the characterization of Bain Capital as a raider and said that Bain was a “perfectly fine company” with “a role in the private economy.” The truth is that Governor Romney wasn’t tearing down companies; he was building up strong companies like Staples, Sports Authority, Steel Dynamics, and Bright Horizons. This accusation is yet another failed attempt to smear Governor Romney’s “sterling” private sector record, and even President Obama’s supporters reject it.

OBAMA MYTH: Shipping Jobs Overseas

FACT: Under Governor Romney’s leadership, Bain Capital invested in over 100 companies. Of those, President Obama’s campaign has accused three of shipping jobs overseas. In two of these cases, the accusations are related to events that occurred in 2000 and 2001, well after Governor Romney left Bain Capital in February 1999 to lead the Winter Olympics. In the third case, the share of domestic production actually increased, not decreased, during the time the Obama campaign points to. This attack is merely an attempt to distract voters from President Obama’s failed economic record and his refusal to stand up to China’s unfair trade practices.

OBAMA MYTH: Closing Stores And Laying Off Employees

FACT: Under Bain Capital’s ownership, Stage Stores doubled the number of employees and doubled the number of stores. During this time, Stage Stores added locations in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Bain Capital sold its controlling interest in the company in 1997. Years later, Stage Stores filed for bankruptcy, but today it is a healthy business with 14,000 employees and hundreds of new stores nationwide.
Syl

Russell, KY

#46508 Aug 28, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
My neck of the woods
We call 'em "idjits" ...
====
Urban Dictionary: idjit
Idjits anger others with their stupidity thus others must resort to name calling. You Idjit! Example: You Stupid idjit bedraggled dragon! Dragons is so stupid! quote used ...
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... - Cached
More results from urbandictionary.com »
Urban Dictionary: idjits
An extreme idiot ... 1. idjit: An extreme idiot. 95% of the population is made up of idiots. 90% of those are idjits.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... - Cached
LOL!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46509 Aug 28, 2012
Anybody watching the speeches?
They are GreaaaaaaaT!:)

Mrs> Ann Romney gave a VERY moving speech on motherhood and women in general!
Our "next" First Lady ...
I pray!
Her speech "did iT" for me!

Romney/Ryan 2012 !!!...

Thanks Syl :)
Uncle Tab

United States

#46510 Aug 28, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>...have you ever worked for a poor man?....the job creators, are being taxed, regulated, till no one is going to hire anyone!!..iam a business man, iam not hiring anyone, anything, anytime, till obummer gets canned! he is the problem, not the solution...
LMAO!!!!

I'm sure you are a business man! Anyone can be anything they want on the internet lol Another idiot! Ok, I'll solve this lie real quick. What's your Fed ID? Don't come up with any excuse of not giving it, it show you ARE a business. We'll see how bad you've suffered under Obama.

He'll make up some excuse of not producing a Fed ID. That's the same BS that Stewie idiot tried, come to find out, he installed cable TV and was nothing more than an independent contractor. Big difference.

And even if you were a real legitamate business man, you got tax breaks to provide new jobs, since you said you aren't going to, you'll stealing from REAL HARD WORKING AMERICANS!!!! No more corporate welfare! If you can survive without government handouts (HUGE tax breaks) you don't deserve to be in business! But again, you're an Internet troll lol so Stfu!
Tea Party Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#46511 Aug 28, 2012
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the drive in or outdoor theater in Prestonsburg ,where all the kids would pile in the car and get in for a dollar per car.
The Strand theater is still in town. I don't know if it's still the Strand or is under diff name. After My parents died I don't go back there much anymore and when I do, it's on the new highway, by passing the city of P-Burg. I live in Grayson, Ky. now.
Did you happen to know Dinah Clifton from Allen or Roy Clifton from Allen . Around Martin did you know Russell Hunter or any any of the Edens?
I worked at Highlands Regional Hospital from 1980 till 1986 and moved to WV for a while.
LOl! yes I know what kind of weed Tofy was talking about.My girl friend got one cig somewhere and we tried it . Not for me. Give me that old Red whiskey any time. Did you ever go to Marlows club?, Now's there some memories for me. My goodness. I'm gonna have to go look up some my pictures from that time.
You are right,Can't remember what the 'drive in' was called? I went there the last year it was open,fall 1986, with my first wife. Roy Clifton, seem's to ring a bell? I worked as a cop at Martin 86-88,many years have past, if I see someone I know them but have a time with names. I worked at HRMC as well in the 70's. My youngest was born there. Sorry about being late getting back, alas college has started back, have very little time. Know about all the new road's around P-burg, funny thing the only 4-lane in Floyd Co for years was the road to Dewey lake at Auxier, they bulldozed it and turned it into a 2-lane? Try to get back this weekend.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#46512 Aug 28, 2012
This would be Carl Linder III- The GOP's Secret Campaign Against Obama
22 hours ago... called Special Operations OPSEC (spy talk for operational security)... America
that was largely funded by Ohio businessman Carl Lindner,...

http://www.citywatchla.com/component/content/ ...-
Carl Lindner, Jr.- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Carl Henry Lindner, Jr.(April 22, 1919 – October 17, 2011) was a Cincinnati
businessman and one of the world's richest people. According to the 2006 issue
of ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Lindner,_Jr .- 44k -
Carl Linder Funds Terrorist Group and John McCain :
Jul 3, 2008 ... Carl H. Lindner Jr.,the former CEO of Chiquita Brands International who ... the
payments "were reviewed and approved by senior executives" of ...

http://www.thelangreport.com/featured/carl-li ...- 57k -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dope head for teacher 2 hr wondering 17
Who are they 4 hr Shopper 33
mm 9 hr Huh 3
Lonely 10 hr hounddog 5
Jojo the drug head 23 hr Jojo 30
Coty Key Tue Morro 1
travis peterson melissa pennington Tue snitches 10

Burkesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance