Burkesville City Streets
OH MY

London, KY

#1 May 5, 2010
I cannot believe the condition that people are having to deal with on the city streets. When is this gonna be done? Why not get a contracting company come in and fix it instead of letting it linger on? Mayor, needs to do something, Williams needs to get money from Frankfort to help with this, I'm sure our City does not have the money to fix it fast. This has been this way for too long. Anyone who gets tires busted, or vehicle torn up by going over the roughness can request it be fixed through the City and they have to fix it, of course, if you can prove that's what happened. So..........come on folks, start complaining, GET IT DONE NOW.
my thoughts

Lexington, KY

#2 May 5, 2010
there is so many people in burkesville that has either busted a tire of got belts broke in their tires over traveling through burkesville. i know the rain has caused some of the washing out of the ditches but good gosh make the county pay for your tires and they will try to do better. i saw a truck yesterday sitting in town with a blown out tire and all 4 tires looked brand new. something needs to be done. i know of 4 more people my self that has belts broken in their tires and one of them has only had the tires for 2 months.

Decorah, IA

#3 May 5, 2010
I was told it will be completed in August. After they get the new line put in then they are going to take up the old pavement and put down new.
OH MY

London, KY

#4 May 5, 2010
guest wrote:
I was told it will be completed in August. After they get the new line put in then they are going to take up the old pavement and put down new.
Oh, so another three months. Look at Albany, same thing happened up there and their roads were only messed up for approximately 4-5 weeks. The county is not responsible for damage done to cars traveling these roads and getting torn up, the city is, and i would suggest that people start going to the good ole mayor keith riddle, with your estimate
We gonna

Leitchfield, KY

#5 May 5, 2010
have a helluva water system in a few months but till then deal with it. We have only enough money to get the water system updated which needed to be done. The rest will come later. And dont be running fast over the plates or you will be sitting alongside the road with a flat tire.
lol

Burkesville, KY

#6 May 5, 2010
my thoughts wrote:
there is so many people in burkesville that has either busted a tire of got belts broke in their tires over traveling through burkesville. i know the rain has caused some of the washing out of the ditches but good gosh make the county pay for your tires and they will try to do better. i saw a truck yesterday sitting in town with a blown out tire and all 4 tires looked brand new. something needs to be done. i know of 4 more people my self that has belts broken in their tires and one of them has only had the tires for 2 months.
I have an idea, take the back streets through town, ifs its that big of a problem for you.I do quite often.
lol

Burkesville, KY

#7 May 5, 2010
I agree that this is a mess, but we are getting a new water system.Drive slow and be patient. When its all said and done, it will be worth it. Seems like no matter which way you turn these days, there is some type of construction going on, but its to better things, so be patient.
think about it

Edmonton, KY

#8 May 5, 2010
at least now with the new water system in place, now maybe folks will not be coming down with cancer as often as they have in the past. i think that old water system had a lot to do with the cancer problem in this town. just think about how much crud was in the old pipes that had been laid in the ground in the 1920's. good gosh no wonder we have so much cancer.

“What am I doing here?”

Since: Nov 07

Burkesville

#9 May 5, 2010
think about it wrote:
at least now with the new water system in place, now maybe folks will not be coming down with cancer as often as they have in the past. i think that old water system had a lot to do with the cancer problem in this town. just think about how much crud was in the old pipes that had been laid in the ground in the 1920's. good gosh no wonder we have so much cancer.
i'm happy we're getting the update, it was way past due.

i've always wondered at the seemingly large amount of cancer cases in this area. some people say it's because a lot of toxic waste was dumped here in the 40's 50's and 60's. whatever it is, it's a cause for concern.
Mark

Burkesville, KY

#10 May 5, 2010
I cut down by city hall and by the river that way I don't have to worry about the road work it is faster and it saves my tires
deal with it

Burkesville, KY

#11 May 6, 2010
think about it wrote:
i think that old water system had a lot to do with the cancer problem in this town. just think about how much crud was in the old pipes that had been laid in the ground in the 1920's. good gosh no wonder we have so much cancer.
LMAO!
Hmm, I wonder if the cancer rates might have something to do with the amount of people that smoke or use oral tobacco products? I've never heard of water causing cancer, regardless of how much crud was in the pipes. I have heard of a relationship between cancer and tobacco products being used and also second hand smoke.

But anyway, you can thank the economic stimulus for the upgrade to the water system. The roads will be paved later. Give it time.
I Hope

London, KY

#12 May 6, 2010
lol wrote:
<quoted text> I have an idea, take the back streets through town, ifs its that big of a problem for you.I do quite often.
you bust all your tires, run into the river and drown. I hope then your in a car that you have to fight to try and get out, but still end up drowning, hahahahahahaha, biche
Adair county

Burkesville, KY

#13 May 6, 2010
deal with it wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Hmm, I wonder if the cancer rates might have something to do with the amount of people that smoke or use oral tobacco products? I've never heard of water causing cancer, regardless of how much crud was in the pipes. I have heard of a relationship between cancer and tobacco products being used and also second hand smoke.
But anyway, you can thank the economic stimulus for the upgrade to the water system. The roads will be paved later. Give it time.
You say that water can't give you cancer well up here in Adair county we got a letter in the mail from the water company yesterday saying that we need to boil our water because it had haloacetic acid in it and on that paper it reads( some people who drink water containing haloacetic acids in excess of the mcl over many years have an increased risk of getting cancer) so I guess water can cause cancer I get so sick of people blaming everything on smoking I had a member of my family die 2 years ago at age 79 he smoked from age 11 up to the day he died he didn't have cancer he got out and worked everyday of his life just because you smoke doesn't mean you are going to die at a early age with cancer it makes me sick how people lay everything off on smoking hell I guess if you wake up in the morning with the shits you will say it was because you was sitting beside somebody who smoked yesterday get over it smoking is a choice and it is a free country
lol

Burkesville, KY

#14 May 6, 2010
I Hope wrote:
<quoted text>you bust all your tires, run into the river and drown. I hope then your in a car that you have to fight to try and get out, but still end up drowning, hahahahahahaha, biche
Are you in a bad mood today or what? I just gave my opinion.Sorry you didn't like it. Don't take much for you to wish someone would die. LOL
SORRY

Trinity, TX

#15 May 6, 2010
Adair county wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that water can't give you cancer well up here in Adair county we got a letter in the mail from the water company yesterday saying that we need to boil our water because it had haloacetic acid in it and on that paper it reads( some people who drink water containing haloacetic acids in excess of the mcl over many years have an increased risk of getting cancer) so I guess water can cause cancer I get so sick of people blaming everything on smoking I had a member of my family die 2 years ago at age 79 he smoked from age 11 up to the day he died he didn't have cancer he got out and worked everyday of his life just because you smoke doesn't mean you are going to die at a early age with cancer it makes me sick how people lay everything off on smoking hell I guess if you wake up in the morning with the shits you will say it was because you was sitting beside somebody who smoked yesterday get over it smoking is a choice and it is a free country
I meant to agree with you but I hit the wrong topic, I also believe that our water is causing cancer, we have such a high rate of cancer here, and the only thing is everyone is drinking the same water.
local man

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 May 10, 2010
OH MY wrote:
I cannot believe the condition that people are having to deal with on the city streets.
grin, you should have seen what the county streets were like 30 years ago. you are just whining, the streets in town are fine for a major water pipe replacement project. just slow down driving, no harm to your vehicle. actually, the worst pothole is just before the iga on keen st., easy to avoid. go outside and enjoy nature as the blackberrys are in bloom. poke is up also
question

Decorah, IA

#17 May 11, 2010
local man wrote:
<quoted text>
grin, you should have seen what the county streets were like 30 years ago. you are just whining, the streets in town are fine for a major water pipe replacement project. just slow down driving, no harm to your vehicle. actually, the worst pothole is just before the iga on keen st., easy to avoid. go outside and enjoy nature as the blackberrys are in bloom. poke is up also
That is the problem some of the younger drivers don't want to slow down. I slowed down one day and one passed me on the wrong side. I've seen them cut through parking lots just to pass a car that slows down. I think if we had any law they should put a stop to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lonely 8 hr lookin 4
Jojo the drug head 11 hr Jojo 30
Who are they 12 hr Violet Perkins 31
dope head for teacher 14 hr fyi 11
Coty Key 21 hr Morro 1
travis peterson melissa pennington Tue snitches 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Mon johnnyboy 633

Burkesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burkesville Mortgages